• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock 4 Might Be PlayStation Exclusive According to Leak

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
Never got into these series. My wife loves it tho and she's not even that much of a gamer. Looking forward to seeing what 4 is like, wether exclusive or not, doesnt really matter to me

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Yeah buying Bethesda\Zenimax is worse!

- MS didn't just buy a timed exclusive .
- MS didn't just buy a game to make it exclusive for life.
- MS didn't just buy a developer.
- MS BOUGHT A WHOLE PUBLISHER FULL OF DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS!!!!

One developer that they've worked with closely for 20 years, versus buying a publisher and like 12 dev studios to make ALL the games exclusive. Stop with the stupidity! I hate when people applaud MS for spending $7.5 billion to keep 30+ games exclusive for life, but get mad at Sony for buying the timed exclusive rights to a few games during a whole generation.

You people are sad.
I agree, can't have double standards. I think it's just business, which sounds like a cop out...but it's inevitable. All roads of competition will eventually lead to these kind of practices. I'm not mad at Sony or Microsoft. Ultimately the competition is better for me as a consumer.

It's different for those who never plan on getting one console or another. I plan on having both so it's difficult to be upset about this.

OrionNebula

My point is Microsoft buying Zenimax/Bethesda is also screwing me for life of those games (unless I get a gaming PC or an Xbox Series console). So I don't see how you view permanent exclusives as things that are good for gamers, but timed exclusives as being bad for gamers.
Exclusives have been around since day 1. It’s a core part of the gaming industry (and most industries).
Full exclusives, you know exactly where to stand. Want Mario? It’s on Nintendo. God of War? Buy Playstation. Starfield? Xbox.

Timed exclusive, no. It doesn’t stop you completely from getting it (provided you don’t want to make a permanent purchase of console). It just tells you ‘’no, your team has to wait a year’’. It’s the cheapest way by companies to try to get consoles being purchased, vulturing on people who just want to play games on their system, banking on impatience.

Try to stand in line for a while, waiting to go inside, and when it’s your turn, someone tells you to go back at the very end of the line. And then proceeds to let other people in. Worst than knowing you can’t enter that place from the beginning. Period

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Exclusives have been around since day 1. It’s a core part of the gaming industry (and most industries).
Full exclusives, you know exactly where to stand. Want Mario? It’s on Nintendo. God of War? Buy Playstation. Starfield? Xbox.

Timed exclusive, no. It doesn’t stop you completely from getting it (provided you don’t want to make a permanent purchase of console). It just tells you ‘’no, your team has to wait a year’’. It’s the cheapest way by companies to try to get consoles being purchased, vulturing on people who just want to play games on their system, banking on impatience.

Try to stand in line for a while, waiting to go inside, and when it’s your turn, someone tells you to go back at the very end of the line. And then proceeds to let other people in. Worst than knowing you can’t enter that place from the beginning. Period

For you. For me, it's better because at least I'll get to play it on my console one day. Timed exclusives are better for gamers than full exclusives that last forever. You'll just have to put your pride to the side for a bit.

Loope

Because Infinite had a strong female character or what?
I think, at the time, was because of the big narrative change about the middle of the game. You have a racist society and then when it shifts, black people become racist towards all white people and not just the racists peeps of Columbia. Some because the story doesn't really make sense in some aspects, others got tired of the rails.

Me, i really enjoyed the game. Great level design imo.

HotPocket69

Banned
The source is Imran Khan?

Kid Fury Reaction GIF

Fixed

Pc is broken, I don't care that we could afford building muscle rigs , it's a hustle to switch between consoles and totally unworthy idea to do it , impractical on both ways for ps and xbox owners to accept and support this idea, fanboysim aside ,we should take it seriously.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'd say there's a difference between buying studios to be involved in development and publishing their games vs throwing cash at random titles to keep them off another platform for 6 months.

Microsoft literally bought an entire publisher to keep all their games off PlayStation permanently. I don't really see how that's "less bad".

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You know the difference. No one complains that Ratchet isn't on the Xbox.

R&C is a Sony IP, it has never been on another plattform. It's like Halo for MS. The Bethesda acquisition is completely different. All those series have always been multiplatform, and now they won't be anymore because MS decided that if you want to play them you must do so on a MS platform. They did this to take those games away from PlayStation gamers and force them to become Xbox gamers or else miss out.

BootsLoader

Banned
Your not making any sense bro WTH do Skyrim have to do with this? i have no clue what your even suggestion with these left field comments that has nothing to do with Take Two games lol
I really can’t understand why you don’t understand. But anyway let’s not “fight” over this now. Time will show if Bioshock will be even timed exclusive.

R&C is a Sony IP, it has never been on another plattform. It's like Halo for MS. The Bethesda acquisition is completely different. All those series have always been multiplatform, and now they won't be anymore because MS decided that if you want to play them you must do so on a MS platform. They did this to take those games away from PlayStation gamers and force them to become Xbox gamers or else miss out.
Nobody is forced to become an Xbox gamer. You can also play it on PC. I'm 99% sure that Bethesda games will release on Steam, which means you don't even have to be in Microsoft's ecosystem.

I really can’t understand why you don’t understand. But anyway let’s not “fight” over this now. Time will show if Bioshock will be even timed exclusive.
Because of the History with Take Two Games. Name the last Take Two Game that was even exclusive? LOL so all of a sudden you think they will make a pure Exclusive for 1 of their biggest franchise come now you and i both know it will come to PC, Playstation, and Xbox and maybe even Switch Pro if the specs are good enough to run it the end.

Brofist

R&C is a Sony IP, it has never been on another plattform. It's like Halo for MS.
Ratchet wasn't a good example I'll concede.

The Bethesda acquisition is completely different. All those series have always been multiplatform, and now they won't be anymore because MS decided that if you want to play them you must do so on a MS platform. They did this to take those games away from PlayStation gamers and force them to become Xbox gamers or else miss out.
They did it to bolster their own lineup. You can play the games on PC anyway. Which is more than you can say for Sony exclusives. Although that's slowly changing.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nobody is forced to become an Xbox gamer. You can also play it on PC. I'm 99% sure that Bethesda games will release on Steam, which means you don't even have to be in Microsoft's ecosystem.

Ratchet wasn't a good example I'll concede.

They did it to bolster their own lineup. You can play the games on PC anyway. Which is more than you can say for Sony exclusives. Although that's slowly changing.

You know exactly what I mean. You can't play the games on PlayStation, that's the point.

And doesn't MS call all of their gaming stuff "Xbox", whether it's on the physical console or PC?

Either way, no, I actually can't play any of those upcoming games on PC, because I don't have a capable gaming rig. I've chosen to focus my gaming spending on consoles, which right now means PS5. So I won't be able to play any of these games unless I buy an Xbox or a Windows PC (and building a future-proof gaming PC right now is just a ridiculous prospect with these GPU prices).

Last edited:
Top Bottom