• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant is 12-15 hours for 'rushed' main story only

linkroi

I am talking about the main story being full of filler content when it's above 20h usually. not talking about side quests or other side stuff.
i understand, but that's not really common right ? i mean, a main story that is more than 20h is most likely a JRPG/RPG. I can't think of a narrative genre which focus on story that is fill with alot of "bullshit content".

kyussman

I always enjoy roaming around in open world games doing all the busywork that lots of other people shit on for being filler.....I think the best open world games have good length main quests(20hrs or so)and plenty of optional stuff for weirdos like me,lol.

GymWolf

I have a review copy of the game since yesterday. While I am obviously not allowed to say much about it or anything really until the May 24th embargo lifting. I would HIGHLY recommend to chill your expectations for the game. That's all I can really say after about 5 hours or so of gameplay (also playing it on Hard difficulty) stay tuned for the written and video review to be posted when the time is right. Thanks.
Is the game too easy?!

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
thats plenty tbh, way longer than re8 village.
Play it on hardcore, explore 99%, cleared the game under 11 hours.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Watching pewdiepies video has enforced my previous thoughts that people should lower their expectations. It seems...very easy, janky, and annoying. The whole combat feels...amateurish, which is to be expected but still. The constant nararration will get old really fast.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
thats plenty tbh, way longer than re8 village.
Play it on hardcore, explore 99%, cleared the game under 11 hours.
Watch Out Badass GIF

GymWolf

Watching pewdiepies video has enforced my previous thoughts that people should lower their expectations. It seems...very easy, janky, and annoying. The whole combat feels...amateurish, which is to be expected but still. The constant nararration will get old really fast.
The devs gave to him an old build, they confirmed this on reddit.

Not that the final build is gonna be completely different of course, but what the cunt is playing is not finished or polished.

To me, the fact that i can't even tell how the combat work in this game is kinda of a breath of fresh air compared to AAA devs using yet another fucking iteration of free flow combat from arkham series...

If the combat is at least half decent i'm okay with that, people have fun with AC saga and the combat is dreadfull in those games...

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Dude has a point tho. Re8 Hardcore is pretty much the standard difficulty from previous RE games. It's easy as hell compared to re7 for example and saves are not even limited anymore but then again re8 is the call of duty of horror and hardly a survival horror.

Top Bottom