• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant Explanation Trailer

whyman

This sold me on the game. I was almost out but wow it looks great! Too bad there is not a next gen version.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I was never really interested in this game, and then he said "Open-World, Post-Apocalyptic, Kung-Fu Fable" and I am cautiously in. I'll wait for reviews to confirm it's not a total disaster, and then probably dip in.

GymWolf

tenor.gif

LMJ

Game looks to be a special level of cool, just want to know if there will be any upgrade path as PS4/Xbone look really rough in comparison to PC (duh)

This will dictate if this is a day one or a wait and see...

I mean, even if it's a 7, i had more fun with some 7 compared to certain 9\10.

I'm surely gonna have more fun with this one compared to botw, i can tell you that just from the trailers. (unless the gameplay is absolute unplayable shit)
Yeah I think it's going to come down to how all the different styles control. If it's tight and feels good I will for sure get it. If it controls bad I won't.

GymWolf

Yeah I think it's going to come down to how all the different styles control. If it's tight and feels good I will for sure get it. If it controls bad I won't.
I'm gonna try to be as honest as i can. (although the game seems to have a dmc style of combat and i'm not exactly a monster with that genre, i'm probably not able to finish dmc5 on hard without literally coffing blood :lollipop_grinning_sweat: )

My biggest fear is the game being too easy even on hard.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Maybe I'm in the minority but I felt this was a bit necessary. The visuals look sharp as hell but the character designs just seem so generic and stupid (to me personally) as if I'm playing some makeshift ratchet and clank or bubsy, the whole rocket racoon thing is just kinda meh to me.

I can buy into fantasy just fine, you just gotta give me some context

GymWolf

Maybe I'm in the minority but I felt this was a bit necessary. The visuals look sharp as hell but the character designs just seem so generic and stupid (to me personally) as if I'm playing some makeshift ratchet and clank or bubsy, the whole rocket racoon thing is just kinda meh to me.

I can buy into fantasy just fine, you just gotta give me some context
I think they are trying to recreate some kung fu panda vibe.

the game is basically a mix of martial arts and furry.

but tbh, never been a fan of the furry side myself, maybe it's (or its) gonna grown on me, i saw some more cool characters in the latest trailer, maybe i'm gonna try to replicate my avatar in the character creation menu.

fun fact, maybe it's destiny but i'm probably one of the few who enjoyed the game tai fu on ps1, basically another action rpg with furry and martial arts :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Shit, the creative director likes infamous saga and they took example from that for some things in the game, this game become more hype by the fucking minute (at least for me that i LOVE infamous)

Fredrik

Shit, the creative director likes infamous saga and they took example from that for some things in the game, this game become more hype by the fucking minute (at least for me that i LOVE infamous)

Yeah this is growing on me like nothing else right now, it’s right up my alley, all of it!

Last edited:

Fredrik

Am I the only one who thinks this looks mediocre at best?
I thought so too but then I saw this PC footage

Looks like Breath of the Wild combined with Sunset Overdrive and a little bit of Ratchet & Clank! And that combo can never end up mediocre as far as I’m concerned! 🤩

Kinda sucks that this looks bad on PS4/XO compared to the PC version, especially the reduced foliage and image quality. Looking forward to the next gen version.

If my aging 1080 can deliver 1440p@60 with near ultra settings I'ma get it for PC sometime in June.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks fun, really like the unique style and the character customization looks great. It has been a while since we've had a fun "show your character" thread.

Though I'm not sure the dude is making his studio any favors with those comparisons in the beginning.
"Hey guys I just told everyone our game is like Breath of the Wild combined with Ratchet and Clank and Devil May Cry, so you know, no pressure"

GymWolf

Looks fun, really like the unique style and the character customization looks great. It has been a while since we've had a fun "show your character" thread.

Though I'm not sure the dude is making his studio any favors with those comparisons in the beginning.
"Hey guys I just told everyone our game is like Breath of the Wild combined with Ratchet and Clank and Devil May Cry, so you know, no pressure"
The comparison are just to make people understand what type of game this is, a lot of people still don't have a clue of the structure of this game.

Last edited:

LMJ

Son of a bitch I'm in...

Even if the PS5/XseX upgrade never comes, I don't think I can miss out on this

Congrats devs I'm in lol

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

GymWolf

They are gonna release info about the nextgen version before the game comes out, confirmed by the head of the studio in the interview i posted, so don't sweat guys.

Miles708

I must be the only one thinking ps4/xbox one footage looks perfectly fine.
I mean, there's a certain amount of roughness but it's offset by the style and colours. If performance is stable I'm more than ok.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I mean, there's a certain amount of roughness but it's offset by the style and colours. If performance is stable I'm more than ok.
Youtube compression doesn't do any favor to this game, every video that is not the pc 4k version looks muddy AF, i think it's gonna look fairly better on people's tv.

kyussman

Nah,you're not the only one....lots of people on here have moved onto next gen so they are always going to shit on anything last gen,lol.

kyussman

How much can you really expect from 20 man small team. It's good for what it is.
Yea,people complain about the death of the AA game and yet when one comes along that looks pretty damn great it gets shit on for not being AAA enough....can't win.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Biggest concern tbh

A less than 20 man team trying to make a big open world game. If they actually managed to pull it off that would be one hell of an achievement

Yeah, I was little surprised when they said the rushed story is about 10-12 hours. Usually I expect open world games to be closer to the 20 hr mark if not more for the main story. I really hope its good!

Miles708

Yeah, I was little surprised when they said the rushed story is about 10-12 hours. Usually I expect open world games to be closer to the 20 hr mark if not more for the main story. I really hope its good!
A rushed playthrough in an open world is no different from a normal playthrough in a linear game.
They've said 10-15 hours, which is longer than any Halo, Resident Evil 2 or Devil May Cry 5. If that's a serious "no padding" run , that's actually no bad at all.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

BioMutant is the bananas-looking open-world RPG developed by Swedish studio Experiment 101 and published by THQ Nordic. On the surface, it looks like the bizarre baby of Just Cause and Conker's Bad Fur Day, and there's a lot to learn once you dig a little deeper. Here's Everything We Know About BioMutant, explained in detail by its creative director, Stefan Ljungqvist.

Top Bottom