• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billy Crudup Drops Out of The Flash movie

Volimar

Aww shit. I just finished reading The Flash #22 of "The Button" and it had totally slipped my mind that Snyder did the Watchmen film. That is totally going to happen, isn't it? :(

We try not to talk about the button. It just encourages them.

So are you guys going to acknowledge that there is a fake news thing going on towards the DC world in an attempt to damage it as much as possible?

This movie has pretty been in development hell for a while now so I don't expect it to be good anyway.

So are you guys going to acknowledge that there is a fake news thing going on towards the DC world in an attempt to damage it as much as possible?

More like they know that DCEU detractors and and angry DCEU fans will click/spread the stories.

I legit hope you guys aren't serious with the "fake news" shit.

EDIT: I heard someone joke that they'd expected Variety or someone to come out and debunk/contradict the EW story. Turns out they were close!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Posting this as an image so people don't ignore it

ifjNSka.jpg

So we believe El Mayimbe now?

Penguin

Ok can we address the "fake news" I know some of you are joking, but let's not throw around that term. It waters it down even more than... some other parties using it.

But I do think we should probably talk about trying to turn anything you see into the sky is falling for the DCEU. I know people haven't been happy with the movies that have been released so far and that's fine. But trying to turn ANY news into the next major scandal comes off as desperate and how we end up with 2-3 stories this week turning out to be false or at least partially debunked.

Like honestly speaking, if this was any other franchise would someone leaving the project... who isn't the lead or co-lead be newsworthy? Are review embargos major news as long as the embargo is up BEFORE the product is released? Are reshoots really that uncommon? Stop and think about how "major" the news is before you start doomsaying.

Ok can we address the "fake news" I know some of you are joking, but let's not throw around that term. It waters it down even more than... some other parties using it.

But I do think we should probably talk about trying to turn anything you see into the sky is falling for the DCEU. I know people haven't been happy with the movies that have been released so far and that's fine. But trying to turn ANY news into the next major scandal comes off as desperate and how we end up with 2-3 stories this week turning out to be false or at least partially debunked.

Like honestly speaking, if this was any other franchise would someone leaving the project... who isn't the lead or co-lead be newsworthy? Are review embargos major news as long as the embargo is up BEFORE the product is released? Are reshoots really that uncommon? Stop and think about how "major" the news is before you start doomsaying.

Agreed. Even with something as unimportant as comic movie news folks need to learn to be critical about what they read, be it positive or negative. But at least this started from entertainment weekly. They don't have a reason to make it up; they just got incorrect info from their source. It happens.

Top Bottom