• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIGGEST. INSIDE XBOX. EVER. X019 Special Promo

Fahdis

Hey genius. Here's a thought : don't fucking watch it.

Christ your post is dipshit material.

Talk about allegiance fanboys. He's not wrong, this happens and your post seems more like "dipshit" material.

This isn't any different from Nintendo or Sony folks doing the same thing though. I hate the fact every reveal has to be about hype. Fuck this culture.

Codes 208

I remember them saying last year’s was going to be pretty big too (or was it earlier this year, idk even remember.)

i fell asleep halfway through it.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Talk about allegiance fanboys. He's not wrong, this happens and your post seems more like "dipshit" material.

This isn't any different from Nintendo or Sony folks doing the same thing though. I hate the fact every reveal has to be about hype. Fuck this culture.
Actually he is wrong. No one is making him watch the damn thing but himself; unless you're suggesting someone is holding a gun to his head. So let me ask; if you don't like what X019 brings to the table, why partake? That's like choosing a car, a career, a life and a wife you can't stand from the onset, then taking no accountability for choosing that shit.

In short, that's a dipshit, not unlike yourself for defending it, Einstein! You literally went on the defensive for someone else's dipshit move, because I'm defending taking accountability, when you thought I was defending the brand. Great job! Smh... Jfc!

Well done! You're like the hero we need, but not the one we deserve right now.... Only, not really....

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Actually he is wrong. No one is making him watch the damn thing but himself; unless you're suggesting someone is holding a gun to his head. So let me ask; if you don't like what X019 brings to the table, why partake? That's like choosing a car, a career, a life and a wife you can't stand then taking no accountability for any of it.

In short, that's a dipshit, not unlike yourself for defending it, Einstein! You literally went on the defensive for someone else's dipshit move, because I'm defending taking accountability, when you thought I was defending the brand. Great job! Smh... Jfc!

Well done! You're like the hero we need, but not the one we deserve right now.... Only, not really....

Okay, asshole, I'll lay this out for you.

I want to know what Xbox has in store. I care about Xbox and I care about games for Xbox. I've been to many Xbox press conferences, and they've generally been pretty good in later years because they're snappy and tell me what I want to know quickly.

The Inside Xbox is a format that can work, but for me it doesn't because the way it is presented is, in my opinion, shit.

So to summarize. I want to see what they're showing, but I don't like how they're showing it. Is that simple enough for you to understand? I'll rephrase, I want to enjoy this show, but I don't. I want to enjoy it, because I have for years enjoyed watching shit get announced.

Of all the things to implode over. Someone not liking the hosts of a show.

Gavon West

Okay, asshole, I'll lay this out for you.

I want to know what Xbox has in store. I care about Xbox and I care about games for Xbox. I've been to many Xbox press conferences, and they've generally been pretty good in later years because they're snappy and tell me what I want to know quickly.

The Inside Xbox is a format that can work, but for me it doesn't because the way it is presented is, in my opinion, shit.

So to summarize. I want to see what they're showing, but I don't like how they're showing it. Is that simple enough for you to understand? I'll rephrase, I want to enjoy this show, but I don't. I want to enjoy it, because I have for years enjoyed watching shit get announced.

Of all the things to implode over. Someone not liking the hosts of a show.
Hmmm.. You like the brand, want to know what's in store but hate the show because of the format? Lemme think... 😕

I mean, like, if you aren't the content creator or producer or director of the show, you got another choice to make. Enjoy the show for what it is because you like the brand and will get the information you want (despite the format) and stop feeling so god damn entitled that you feel they need to cater to your minuscule, arm chair producer position. Or........ Don't watch it and move on.

I mean, like, seriously??? WTF else are you gonna do?

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm.. You like the brand, want to know what's in store but hate the show because of the format? Lemme think... 😕

I mean, like, if you aren't the content creator or producer or director of the show, you got another choice to make. Enjoy the show for what it is because you like the brand and will get the information you want (despite the format) and stop feeling so god damn entitled that you feel they need to cater to your minuscule, arm chair producer position. Or........ Don't watch it and move on.

I mean, like, seriously??? WTF else are you gonna do?

I'm gonna say what I don't like about it. Just like I did. Hey!! Microsoft? If you can hear me? I dig a lot of the stuff you're doing lately, but please do something about your Inside Xbox hosts, they're pulling the whole thing down with their fake cool.

There I did it again. What are you gonna do about it?

Get angry and act tough, again?

SleepDoctor

Banned
Yea im good. Not wasting 2 hours on this garbage ever again. I'll read about it if anything worthwhile is announced... which I highly doubt.

Gavon West

I'm gonna say what I don't like about it. Just like I did. Hey!! Microsoft? If you can hear me? I dig a lot of the stuff you're doing lately, but please do something about your Inside Xbox hosts, they're pulling the whole thing down with their fake cool.

There I did it again. What are you gonna do about it?

Get angry and act tough, again?
I'm direct. Not trying to be tough. Definitely not angry. I enjoy the show. Its entertaining. Your opinion doesn't affect that. Don't get it twisted bruv.

I'll be legit tho; I'm not acting tough. And I can still guarantee you're out of your league. Lighten up.... I completely disagree with your take. I work for a production studio. You guys throw words around like "formatting" as if you know how this stuff works. You don't. The entire show is just to sell you on shit. Think of it like an infomercial only high production value and far more entertaining due to its content. Nothing more.

If I don't like something, I just steer clear, not bitch on a gaming forum.

Last edited:

Anki

Banned
I will be home at that time so I will watch it, hopefully something interesting will be announced.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I'm direct. Not trying to be tough. Definitely not angry. I enjoy the show. Its entertaining. Your opinion doesn't affect that. Don't get it twisted bruv.

I'll be legit tho; I'm not acting tough. And I can still guarantee you're out of your league. Lighten up.... I completely disagree with your take. I work for a production studio. You guys throw words around like "formatting" as if you know how this stuff works. You don't. The entire show is just to sell you on shit. Think of it like an infomercial only high production value and far more entertaining due to its content. Nothing more.

If I don't like something, I just steer clear, not bitch on a gaming forum.

I've worked in this industry for 20 years, but thanks for explaining to me how it works.

Take your own advice. See some opinion you don't like, steer clear, and don't bitch about it.

Gavon West

I've worked in this industry for 20 years, but thanks for explaining to me how it works.

Take your own advice. See some opinion you don't like, steer clear, and don't bitch about it.
Ive worked in movie and television production for twenty years. If you know how it works, then actually DO something about it instead of bitching on a gaming forum, ffs.

Pot meet kettle...

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Ive worked in movie and television production for twenty years. If you know how it works, then actually DO something about it instead of bitching on a gaming forum, ffs.

Pot meet kettle...

What the hell is wrong with you man? I said what I think about how their show usually is, and you act like I killed your dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • LOL
Reactions: TLZ
I will always associate X0 with the greatest scam ever:

I will probably never understand why Rare specifically teased classic Banjo collectibles and platforming, when they already knew they were making a completely different game.

This game ended up being amazing. The hate for it surprises me and I feel like a lot of people that never played it criticize it the most. You still had to collect things as well.

Last edited:

Gavon West

What the hell is wrong with you man? I said what I think about how their show usually is, and you act like I killed your dog.
You didn't kill my dog. Have you seen John Wick? We wouldn't even be having this discussion if you killed my dog.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This game ended up being amazing. The hate for it surprises me and I feel like a lot of people that never played it criticize it the most. You still had to collect things as well.
I completed the game right when it came out in 2008. It is a good game, but it is not a good Banjo game or even a platformer at all (so not even the same genre as Banjo always was). Out of the collectibles shown in the trailer, only one exists in the final game as a collectible, the notes, whereas the jiggies are only given as trophies and honey combs plainly do not exist. This is a trailer that teases a collectathon 3d platformer for a starved fan who has waited (at the time) six years for the promised third entry. What they then got, was a creativity-focussed, building-and-driving game. And no Banjo platformer even another 11 years later. This was a shit move by Microsoft / Rare and I cannot understand why they would do that.

Butz

Banned
Hoping for at least one acquisition as big as the Obsidian one but no idea who they could pick up. Still think Frictional would be a good pickup but knowing MS they'd rather buy the Goat Sim devs.
Also hope Ninja Theory have more to talk about than Bleeding Edge because I can't see that game being a success.

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
You don't comprehend well do you?

I comprehend well enough. You're high on yourself and get very confused when others don't feel the same way.

I think I've wasted enough time on this, and we've derailed the thread enough, so if you have more to say about me or my opinions, feel free to send me a pm, and I'll make sure to ignore it.

Now, back on topic. I wasn't really expecting much scarlet, so not surprised. Hopefully we'll get something good out of the RPG studios, and hopefully some Fable.

Reactions: Isa
I completed the game right when it came out in 2008. It is a good game, but it is not a good Banjo game or even a platformer at all (so not even the same genre as Banjo always was). Out of the collectibles shown in the trailer, only one exists in the final game as a collectible, the notes, whereas the jiggies are only given as trophies and honey combs plainly do not exist. This is a trailer that teases a collectathon 3d platformer for a starved fan who has waited (at the time) six years for the promised third entry. What they then got, was a creativity-focussed, building-and-driving game. And no Banjo platformer even another 11 years later. This was a shit move by Microsoft / Rare and I cannot understand why they would do that.
That's fair. I still loved the damn game and it was fairly innovative for the time it was released. I think a sequel should be made for both K&B as well as make a Banjo Threeie. One thing Microsoft could learn from Nintendo is that mascots can be used in a multitude of ways.

Reactions: Isa

Gamernyc78

Banned
Oh it's this time of year again? Fool me once, fool me twice but no more. But maybeeee some surprises come our way (yes I say tht every year).

CyberPanda

Banned
There lies the problem. It isn't entertaining at all. It's very cringy. I'd prefer the format be done differently. Basically cut off all the cringe.
Cringe will always exist amongst all corporations. As gaming is getting more popular, the more cringe that will come.

Fahdis

Actually he is wrong. No one is making him watch the damn thing but himself; unless you're suggesting someone is holding a gun to his head. So let me ask; if you don't like what X019 brings to the table, why partake? That's like choosing a car, a career, a life and a wife you can't stand from the onset, then taking no accountability for choosing that shit.

What's your point? Those that will watch it will watch it. That whole thing was a shitshow anyway (after watching it) and the poster was right on the money about fake fucks coming up acting like they knew anything about gaming. It was all so fake, as usual.

Also about your post: Oh look, I'm trying to be sarcastic and funny (because someone disagreed with me) at the same time while defending my brand but actually make it to be about accountability (because it's personal).

Here's one for you too. You're like the fart that just keeps lingering when everyone has had a doze of it already.

Top Bottom