• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bigben Interactive announces officially licensed Revolution Pro Controller for PS4

chadskin

No pictures of it yet, before you ask.

30459545812_951214ccc9_h.jpg

30459544502_9c7e867e60_h.jpg

Lesquin (France), October 20, 2016 - Independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of peripherals, Bigben Interactive, is proud to announce its latest launch; the officially licensed Revolution Pro-Controller.

Coming to market as the result of a newly formed licensing partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Ltd., the Revolution Pro Controller has been optimised in order to be fully compatible with the best-selling PlayStation®4 (PS4(TM)) platform.

Developed with the eSport player in mind, Bigben Interactive's team of industrial designers and engineers collaborated with pro-gamers to ensure the final Revolution Pro Controller would meet a range of gameplay needs.

Commenting on the partnership and launch is Alain Falc CEO of Bigben Interactive, who said: "We are incredibly proud of our collaboration with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe and are very pleased to be able to introduce the Revolution Pro-Controller to PS4 players.

The controller's easy-to-use capabilities give fantastic control, as well as a slick experience. We are confident that the Revolution Pro Controller will enable players to enjoy seamless integration with the games they love. We look forward to talking more about the product and features soon"

Available this holiday season, The Revolution Pro Controller will be sold under the NACON(TM) peripherals brand.

Rune Corp

Neo Member
Hopefully this won't break the bank like the Elite does (for us casual gamers). Sony's involvement ensures the lightbar's inclusion but maybe we'll finally be able to turn it off.

Also, what are the chances of there being asymmetric stick placement?

SgtCobra

Definitely using my imagination as we speak since there is no photographic evidence of this product's existence.

bombshell

Hopefully this won't break the bank like the Elite does (for us casual gamers). Sony's involvement ensures the lightbar's inclusion but maybe we'll finally be able to turn it off.

Hopefully 0%.

Stike

It's Bigben's press release and yes, it is weird.

Maybe they fired the press release a bit early and the image department wasn't ready to go? LOL

Anyway, looking forward to that product. But why does a user assume here that it also has the light bar? I mean, I hope so, but there is no evidence...

I doubt it will be cheap, bare minimum $100, but I bet they'll keep it the same at $150.

I think casual gamers will just have to stick with stock Microsoft/Sony controllers. These Elite/Pro controllers are made for the enthusiast crowd.

I was thinking this was flight stick. PS4 desperately needs a flight stick for PSVR.

As for the controller; let's hope it's not some over designed monster like so many third party peripherals.

[Agent]ZeroNine;220924518 said:
I was thinking this was flight stick. PS4 desperately needs a flight stick for PSVR.

As for the controller; let's hope it's not some over designed monster like so many third party peripherals.

I did a double take while browsing Best Buy two days ago-- their PSVR table had the usual games and accessories stacked up, including tons of Move bundles and steering wheels, but they also had a pile of flight sticks.

I have a feeling they were just for PS3/PC use and some Best Buy employee was ignorant (or purposefully deceitful, like my two friends buying core bundles who were told they had to buy the new PS4 camera for VR to work at all), but I didn't take a closer look to check for confirmed compatibility with PS4.

[Agent]ZeroNine;220924518 said:
PS4 desperately needs a flight stick for PSVR.
There's already the Thrustmaster HOTAS 4. I don't know how big the PS4 flight stick market is, but you're probably not going to see multiple companies duking it out in that space.

Here it is:
I never thought I'd say this, but I do not like the asymmetrical analog stick configuration here. Which is odd, since I think it's the superior layout. It might also have to do with my impression that this isn't a controller exclusively designed for the PS4. Just, as another poster said, a rebrand of an already existing product.

5taquitos

Hmmmm...

I never buy third-party controllers, not since N64 at least.

But I need a controller with paddles, and there's no way I'd get a scuf...

I wish there was an easy way to test drive these (this and that Razer) before dropping my money.

thelastword

Banned
I kinda like the look of this to be honest, I may want to try that dpad, not sure about the right analog stick, it looks weird.....

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
wow the only way i remember bigben is shitty nintendo waggle plastic stuff.
this looks ok.

Hikami

I like the look of this. Looks way better than the Razer one. I prefer asymmetrical sticks so I might get this.

Also does this not have a light bar? Can't really tell since the images don't show the top.

Seventy5

I like the look of this. Looks way better than the Razer one. I prefer asymmetrical sticks so I might get this.

Also does this not have a light bar? Can't really tell since the images don't show the top.
Is that a light ring around the right stick?

baconcow

I hope this is, or the upcoming PC version, becomes available in Canada. Has there been a price announced, anywhere?

Top Bottom