• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Big' Xbox Announcements Rumored For This Week

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to Tom Henderson, there is some big news coming this week. He doesn’t elaborate as to what, but for those who don’t know, Henderson has a proven track record as a leaker. He’s been right on various things in the past, with Call of Duty and Battlefield being his typical wheelhouse. While this should still be taken with a grain of salt, Henderson is more reliable than many other sources.

Specifically, Henderson says he has heard that there will be some “big announcements” this week but refrains from elaborating on what it is. He does go on to say, separately, that he also heard that Halo Infinite’s campaign reveal is coming soon, but he seemingly suggests the two are not related. In other words, while the Halo news would certainly be welcome, the other announcement remains a mystery.

One person in Henderson’s comments says he has heard similar things, but indicated that it’s not “earth-shattering” and has nothing to do with acquisitions. Still, the user suggested that it would be pretty cool, and this information is less reliable than Henderson’s (generally speaking). Either way, since E3 earlier this year, there hasn’t been a whole lot of new reveals, so it’ll be interesting to see what this is.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
jurassic park dinosaur GIF

Oh and...

surprised big eyes GIF

Last edited:
Too early for that .. maybe 12 months before the new Fable to get people back into the series.

I posted that because their Twitter for third party relations were tweeting somewhere in the lines of "kicking off", "we wanted fabled anniversary but that was taken", "kick the chickens" etc, which were obvious hints at Fable, but from some third party studio as that's what the Twitter account is for.

Oh, and October 18th is the release date of Fable: The Lost Chapters edition of the first game with the dlc, in '05 one year later than the original game's debut ('04), in US and Canada.

ZehDon

I think “big” is going to be in the eye of the beholder here. The Xbox Publishing tweet had to cool the speculation fires after they made their hype tweet involving chickens. If you’re not happy with people running wild, you know it’s because you’re not delivering something to match the caliber of expectations.

I’m guessing Fable BC improvements - we don’t need paid remasters to get 4k60FPS games on Xbox.

Concern

Im hoping its them continuing to add to the bc list. That'll be just fine with me. Not everything needs to be overhyped. That's how you disappoint people.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Bring back fucking BC program, please MS. Those xbox pages are absolutely glorious :messenger_weary: :messenger_ok: Easier times...

fermcr

Just by curiosity, does anybody know the percentage of all the rumors in the gaming world that actually become true?

I'm guessing that percentage must be very low...

Kagey K

Banned
If there was anything coming you'd think they'd wait until the 20th anniversary stream on the 15th to announce it.

elliot5

This was Oct 18th y'all. This was probably referring to the Xbox campaign + surrounding info, GTA on game pass or maybe even Warhammer III on game pass. Who knows. But things have happened since this claim by Tom that are arguably "big" announcements.

Three

This was Oct 18th y'all. This was probably referring to the Xbox campaign + surrounding info, GTA on game pass or maybe even Warhammer III on game pass. Who knows. But things have happened since this claim by Tom that are arguably "big" announcements.
Arguably big indeed.

Top Bottom