• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Tech Youtuber [Mrwhosetheboss] Exposes SCAM tactics in Mobile games

Pop

You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
i said this a while ago and ill say it again.

if you know anybody who consistently spends their money on ingame purchases like this or is even considering the idea, try to the best of your ability to keep them away from this shit, harass them if need be until they finally learn to get help with their addiction and learn to play games that don't have these practices in them. By turning a blind eye to people you know who actually does this shit, you're harming them and gaming in the long run. If you want change you're going to have to start contributing yourself

Maybe it's because I'm old and grew up from the beginning of the medium, but the idea of having a game in-hand and playing it means the transaction is complete to my inflexible mind. Why would I be paying for anything ***after*** I already have the game?

I'm immune to any of this crap because of my rigid gray matter. :p

Edit: And to be fair, I do *not* play mobile games though.

Last edited:

Pelta88

It amazes me that this doesn't have more traction here. Gaf will argue endlessly about how a woman, most recently Bella Ramsey, looks. Or go thousands of posts over the most meanignless PR from a gaming exec.

But when it comes to actual development scams that intentionally weaken this hobby of ours, attitudes be like.

ntntrstd1.gif

As a gamer with family members, both old and young, that game... This is some egregious shit that's being built into the fabric of games. But I guess which publisher is gobbling up some studio or another publisher is more important to some.

Last edited:

Thabass

Obvious channel promotion is obvious.

Anyone knows how mobile games scam you if you pay attention. You don't need a video for this. I'm sure it's a good video, but the obviousness of this ad is making me not click on it. Sorry.

How much you got paid to promote his channel?

Obvious channel promotion is obvious.

Anyone knows how mobile games scam you if you pay attention. You don't need a video for this. I'm sure it's a good video, but the obviousness of this ad is making me not click on it. Sorry.

I wasn't going to acknowledge these but you'll end up getting me banned for comments like this if a mod really thought I was actually trying to promote on here. Plainly, I'm not.

But I understand the skepticism since that is a common atmosphere on the internet.

If a mod does feel this way please lock thread.

Last edited:

Thabass

I wasn't going to acknowledge these but you'll end up getting me banned for comments like this if a mod really thought I was actually trying to promote on here. Plainly, I'm not.

But I understand the skepticism since that is a common atmosphere on the internet.

If a mod does feel this way please lock thread.
Maybe put it in your OP that you're not involved with the channel and are just sharing the video. Couldn't hurt.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
If you need a youtuber to explain to you that mobile games are a scam, then I'd suggest you pick another hobby.

Top Bottom