• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Biden's 15 Day One Executive Orders

j0hnnix

Mar 15, 2014
Popeyes chicken
I'm so happy to be "Latino". Here comes the easy money. No need to do hard work , just say "Is it because I'm Latino?" when questioned.

bill hader popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Shaqazooloo

GeorgPrime

Bonus Member
Jan 9, 2020
The President should be ashamed of himself for intending to re-join the Paris Agreement.

God, it’s not even been a day and I’m already depressed.

Wait until americans have to pay the co2 emission tax that we pay here now too.

Gasoline went up 30 cents per liter. The US is way worse with all their filthy gasoline cars

Last edited:

Udham

Mar 3, 2011

This is done on Day-1. But was immediately caught the eyes and reverted back.
These lefties think about this all time and when they get in power, they don't even waste a min.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparhavoc

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Confession I enjoy bouncing between CNN and FOX.

CNN Banner: Biden Overturns Trump’s Executive Orders.

FOX Banner: Biden Erases Trump’s Accomplishments.

I said it about Obama and I say it about Trump if you have to do it via executive order you didn’t accomplish shit.

The one thing I’m somewhat excited about with Biden is that he actually understands the legislative process.

Udham

Mar 3, 2011
The one thing I’m somewhat excited about with Biden is that he actually understands the legislative process.

Going back on Abraham accords or resurrecting Iran Nuke deal, things which won’t happen through exec order or legislative process, they will just happen.

the war industry has4-yr itch in nether areas. Biden will gladly help.

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
Going back on Abraham accords or resurrecting Iran Nuke deal, things which won’t happen through exec order or legislative process, they will just happen.

the war industry has4-yr itch in nether areas. Biden will gladly help.
All I’m saying is executive orders should be illegal. Our founders didn’t envision a strong executive branch it’s supposed to be a trifecta. W and Clinton were way better at this than Obama and Trump.

• Thoughtful

FireFistAce

Sep 2, 2020
Well he got the most votes of any president ever and has both chambers of congress so...

Kamala Harris GIF by NBC
And? I mean Trump got more votes than Obama ever had but I don’t see how that’s got to do with what I said.

In any case, it’s not like he’s going to be president for the full term.

Chankoras

Apr 3, 2020
There are some of the "usual people" lobbying to revert back to "normal" which likely fuel for conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
"voking, revising, or replacing additional Executive Orders, Presidential Proclamations, Memoranda, and Permits signed over the past 4 years that do not serve the U.S. national interest, including revoking the Presidential permit granted to the Keystone XL pipeline"

"and revoke President Trump’s damaging executive order which limited critical diversity and inclusion training in the workplace."

And so it begins.
The beginning of the end for america. Equality doesn't include white people because black people are much more marginalized according to democrats. Equality can mean whatever they want therein lies the issue.

Reactions: ManofOne

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013

Rat Rage

Aug 13, 2019
When will Biden sign the executive order that will finally elevate the USA to a first world country by providing universial-health care for its citizens?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Boss Mog

Ballthyrm

Jun 21, 2013
Montpellier
Its really no different than farmer subsidies. Local farmers can't get costs under control, whereas foreigners can supply good quality products at lower costs (even fucking shipping it halfway across the world going through shipping and double port fees), then government steps in and sets production quotas and payouts so they can keep up. Then there are times you hear about excess and the government or someone still gets paid and the excess is tossed in the garbage so it doesn't affect market prices.

That's not what Farmer subsidies are for. They are for national food security , look at what happen with mask when China didn't play ball , now imagine if they were holding back food.
You want to keep Farmers happy and working (it's a difficult job already that doesn't pay that much) so they keep producing stuff inside your own country.
Look at what happened in Venezuela, they kept importing massive amount of food bought with petro-dollars, lot of people there stopped farming and you got a giant famine and out of control food price on your hand as soon as the price of oil went down.

The second part farmer subsidies accomplish is that they are used to hide the true cost of producing things and keep the majority of the population happy with lost cost of food.
You aren't paying the true price of beef or milk. All that stuff is subsidized all around the world, with free land burning the rain forest in brazil or with direct money in Europe.

There isn't a free market for staple foods, not even close.
They are huge bargaining chips for States to play with the same as Oil and other resources.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
At a glance sounds great. He seems to be undoing a portion of Trump's damage. Where do I sign?

Verify China Company - 9 Useful Documents | China Checkup

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

Too bad that this type of crap is anti-equality, then.

When will Biden sign the executive order that will finally elevate the USA to a first world country by providing universial-health care for its citizens?

Sorry comrade, Universal implies that all citizens can have equal access. New equity rules mean you must be cancelled for suggesting such a thing.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016

Udham

Mar 3, 2011
All I’m saying is executive orders should be illegal. Our founders didn’t envision a strong executive branch it’s supposed to be a trifecta. W and Clinton were way better at this than Obama and Trump.

Well, legislative is dead, almost.

This is not just in the US, its happening everywhere in the world, politicians are playing for the gallery.
Policies which involves refugees, migrants, abortion rights... can never find nonpartisan consensus.

Think about issues like giving citizenship to aliens,
do you think Republican would allow it to pass on the floor, only to allow Dems get millions of voters?

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Well he got the most votes of any president ever and has both chambers of congress so...

...that says the election was about Trump, not Biden. When somebody says they think Biden will be a weak President they're talking about the man, not the potential.

It's hilarious that people are using record voter turnout in the presidential election---which happened for both parties---as a sign of a historic mandate. And once again that turnout, for both parties, was driven by Trump, not Biden.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
...that says the election was about Trump, not Biden. When somebody says they think Biden will be a weak President they're talking about the man, not the potential.

It's hilarious that people are using record voter turnout in the presidential election---which happened for both parties---as a sign of a historic mandate. And once again that turnout, for both parties, was driven by Trump, not Biden.
Georgia just elected two democrats after Trump lost and was off the ticket. A red state gave the senate over even as Republicans made the case they could be a check on Biden if they kept it.

• LOL

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Georgia just elected two democrats after Trump lost and was off the ticket. A red state gave the senate over even as Republicans made the case they could be a check on Biden if they kept it.

And Trump was responsible for that too with his stolen election bullshit. None of this was enthusiasm for Biden. The rural Republican vote was LESS than during the election because of Trump minions telling people it was a waste of time to vote because the Dems would steal it anyway.

And hey, I'm not the one saying Biden will be a weak President. I'm the one saying that nothing that has happened during the primaries or the election itself should convince anybody that he'll be a strong President. Biden basically hid in a basement and watched Trump hang himself.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
And Trump was responsible for that too with his stolen election bullshit. None of this was enthusiasm for Biden. The rural Republican vote was LESS than during the election because of Trump minions telling people it was a waste of time to vote because the Dems would steal it anyway.

And hey, I'm not the one saying Biden will be a weak President. I'm the one saying that nothing that has happened during the primaries or the election itself should convince anybody that he'll be a strong President. Biden basically hid in a basement and watched Trump hang himself.
Well I’m not sure how you think it just boils down to Trump. If Trump goes around shittalking elections in perpetuity and Democrats continue to clean up is it always going to just be about him?

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Well I’m not sure how you think it just boils down to Trump. If Trump goes around shittalking elections in perpetuity and Democrats continue to clean up is it always going to just be about him?

So you think you might be right sometime in the future? ;) OK.

Just look at the various polls that tracked enthusiasm among registered voters. Biden always trailed Trump, significantly.

Just look at the election Trump won. He clearly had a mandate coming out of that election, record numbers, etc., did that make him a strong President? Nope.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019

Cruz with the dumbest tweet of the year only 20 days in.

Figures Cruz would think that the Paris Agreement deals with the climate in Paris :messenger_grinning_sweat:

He also has some nerve referencing Pittsburg, considering it wasn't long ago he tried to disenfranchise the voters of Pennsylvania based on the absurd election conspiracy theories of 45 and overthrow our democracy.

Thaedolus

Banned
Jun 9, 2004
So you think you might be right sometime in the future? ;) OK.

Just look at the various polls that tracked enthusiasm among registered voters. Biden always trailed Trump, significantly.

Just look at the election Trump won. He clearly had a mandate coming out of that election, record numbers, etc., did that make him a strong President? Nope.

I’m not saying I’ll be right eventually, I’m asking: how long you think elections will be about Trump when he’s not on the ballot? Will the 2022 midterms be about him still if he’s injecting himself into it? Will it only be about him if Democrats win again? Or is it about him if Republicans do? Or did we cut it off in 2020 when he lost and was off the ballot and two Democrats won a blue state against two incumbents (admittedly one appointed)?

As far as mandates, no you don’t really have a mandate when you lost the popular vote and are historically unpopular and John McCain can single handedly torpedo your plan to repeal the ACA. Trump’s weakness started there and continued with being a caustic piece of shit bully that nobody liked and couldn’t negotiate with because his mania made him impossible to count on for consistency. Just look at the last stimulus debacle where he changed his mind at the last minute. That’s not an exception, it was the rule for the entirety of his presidency and why McConnell hated him.

Biden doesn’t have any of these going against him. His entire campaign has been remarkably consistent and disciplined. His victory was actually quite large with a clear majority instead of a plurality voting for him. He has both chambers of congress, and spent approximately 4 eons in the senate previously and knows the processes and people there extremely well. He’s been underestimated since before the primaries and keeps beating expectations.

Last edited:

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
no it's not

yes it does

according to facts/stats

us whiteys will be fine, time to chill a bit
Where are those facts exactly? They all seem easily debunked.

I think we need this anyway. We need to go through 4 years of democrats just for everyone to see how badly they mess it up and divide people.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
etc.

I think we need this anyway. We need to go through 4 years of democrats just for everyone to see how badly they mess it up and divide people.
where the fuck were you for the last 4 years if you think trump was a unifier

Reactions: Guilhermegrg

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
The Keystone XL cancellation hurts.

Not only does Alberta instantly lose a billion dollars in taxpayer money but also the billions in future return on investment and thoisands jobs.

The United States actually benefits most from this pipeline and actually loses more jobs and investment since the American portions are the ones that still need most work.

Like Thanos, Biden has snapped thousands of good paying union jobs out of existence.

my poor suncor stock got hammered twice because of that, lol.

still a good buy until dividend announcement, easy 10%+ bump post feb02. #followberkshire

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019

It won't be Democrats attempting to divide people. Biden reached out an olive branch asking for unity and conservative media, well, they did what they always do (and what Republican politicians will most certainly emulate to score points with their base):

Business as usual from the right, but at least the Democrats have Congress for at least two years so the Republican echochamber / hugboxes can have it while the Dems go about actually trying to fix and build back things.

Sparhavoc

Sep 4, 2020
etc.

where the fuck were you for the last 4 years if you think trump was a unifier
Watching the democrats cry and destroy everything to get their way. But I'm not exactly a supporter of Trump. Im against the agenda of the left.

And yeah again those facts easily altered and biased. Imagine thinking covid only dramatically affects black and brown minorities. You know like biden does lol