• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF 2042 CONFIRMED coming to EAPlay for Season 3.

Will you play it on Gamepass OR during the free periods?

• Total voters

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Doesn't eaplay come with game pass? Is there any advantage to playing on eaplay or is it just redundant?

My toilet is better than BFV.

EA play if 4.99, game pass costs 9.99.

Id say ea play is worth it with game pass, but the ea service alone is not worth it.

The_Mike

Pretty late. MW2 just came out. They should have done this months before. Stupid EA.
Agreed.

While I ain't buying mw2, I do find dmz fun. I'm not gonna play bf2042 thanks to dmz and insurgency sandstorm.

jaysius

Banned
Agreed.

While I ain't buying mw2, I do find dmz fun. I'm not gonna play bf2042 thanks to dmz and insurgency sandstorm.
DMZ is really fun, it's a shame people in that are still mentally delayed to the max, maybe when the "christmas noobs" leave soon the mode will be better.

Insurgency is coming to GamePass Nov 29th, that should boost it's numbers.

Last edited:

The_Mike

DMZ is really fun, it's a shame people in that are still mentally delayed to the max, maybe when the "christmas noobs" leave soon the mode will be better.

Insurgency is coming to GamePass Nov 29th, that should boost it's numbers.
I can easily see myself playing dmz (I hate BR), insurgency sandstorm and especially Darktide that comes november 30,i am really hyped about that one.

and a true successor to BF4. Love it
I'm sorry but what?

Spider Man Lol GIF

NickFire

they Missed the boat on launching this well before MW2. If they really want to bring people back they should give purchasers a free battle pass this season. Some reason to come back beyond others are playing now.

DeaDPo0L84

One thing BF2042 gets right that CoD MW2 doesn't is XP tokens only countdown in game versus immediately when you use it. It's shady as hell how it's currently working in MW2. Also nobody jumps around constantly in BF2042 like the map is made out of a giant bouncy castle, this shit is so dumb and annoying.

manfestival

I guess I had my fun and time with the game. Thing is, I would rather play MW2 now that that is out. Still have this game installed and I give it a go here and there but... the interest has really fizzled out in it.

EDMIX

From what I played recently, this is very much how the game should have launched as its very solid right now.

They just need to put out the update to return to traditional classes and I think they'll be ok. This is a great amount of work done in a years time. Hype to see what they do next year.

my pathetic BF 2042 experience after 5 mins of trying it on GamePass.

i set my server browser filters so that i can find just Bad Company 2 style games in Portal. I find 10 empty servers. I click one hoping maybe its a glitch and ppl are actually in the servers. Loading takes forever and games dead. I back out. And get a msg saying Thankyou for playing Season 3....and it unlocked a buncha rewards.

what a sad dead game. This shit should be populated today of all days.

Even with all the fixes and seasons, this crap still isn't worth it. Hopped on the other day for an hour and it was still dog shit.
i really don't understand this sentiment. dog shit. lol. what makes it that way? like, not trying to troll or feud. seriously want to know. i actually have enjoyed it. for a shooter, what else is better out there? COD? There's no comparison. COD is just the same old shit. And it's not particularly good looking either. How do people enjoy playing a shooter with an average lifespan of about 10 seconds? I don't understand why that game is so popular.

EDMIX

i really don't understand this sentiment. dog shit. lol. what makes it that way? like, not trying to troll or feud. seriously want to know. i actually have enjoyed it. for a shooter, what else is better out there? COD? There's no comparison. COD is just the same old shit. And it's not particularly good looking either. How do people enjoy playing a shooter with an average lifespan of about 10 seconds? I don't understand why that game is so popular.

I understand why many like COD with the TTK and accessibility, I don't understand the hyperbolic, exaggerative nature of the gamers. 2042 is miles ahead of where it was at launch and right now in a solid, stable place. It might not be everyone's cup of tea and still has a ways to go with more content and added back classes etc, but its far from "dog shit" and I feel this type of exaggerative reaction is why many have a hard time believing gamers as they tend to make everything sound like IT MUST BE GOTG or DOG SHIT.

For fans of BF, there is no close second.
For fans of COD, there is no close second.

Even the whole "ima play BF3, BF4, BF1 instead" etc, oh you mean the fucking games still up to be played? Yet upset at free DLC regarding 2042? How evil of them /s lol A dog shit move would be to get rid of those games years ago in place of new BF titles and then charge for seasons.

Overwatch 2 players would have loved the opinion to just play 1 too as they still paid for a game.
CP2077 players would have wanted that DLC to be free to at least apologize for so many removed features, changed genre, bad launch etc.

I've said this many, many times....there are worse publishers then EA folks. If the worst thing that came about this was a bad launch, then so be it. To have the maps fixed, bugs corrected, scoreboard return and classes return on top of all free DLC, on top of still having the older games able to be played, that really isn't that bad lol There are gamers out here that didn't get any of that fucking shit regarding other IP in a years time.

I understand why many like COD with the TTK and accessibility, I don't understand the hyperbolic, exaggerative nature of the gamers. 2042 is miles ahead of where it was at launch and right now in a solid, stable place. It might not be everyone's cup of tea and still has a ways to go with more content and added back classes etc, but its far from "dog shit" and I feel this type of exaggerative reaction is why many have a hard time believing gamers as they tend to make everything sound like IT MUST BE GOTG or DOG SHIT.

Even the whole "ima play BF3, BF4, BF1 instead" etc, oh you mean the fucking games still up to be played? Yet upset at free DLC regarding 2042? How evil of them /s lol A dog shit move would be to get rid of those games years ago in place of new BF titles and then charge for seasons.

Overwatch 2 players would have loved the opinion to just play 1 too as they still paid for a game.
CP2077 players would have wanted that DLC to be free to at least apologize for so many removed features, changed genre, bad launch etc.

I've said this many, many times....there are worse publishers then EA folks. If the worst thing that came about this was a bad launch, then so be it. To have the maps fixed, bugs corrected, scoreboard return and classes return on top of all free DLC, on top of still having the older games able to be played, that really isn't that bad lol There are gamers out here that didn't get any of that fucking shit regarding other IP in a years time.
100!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

With it hitting game pass today I gave it another go and they have done a lot for this game.

Only played a few rounds today but actually enjoying the sniping as I do not enjoy the quick scoping "sniping" of COD

Imtjnotu

Got on last night for the update. Selected rush. Couldn't find a single match. Went into conquest, was 1/2 filled with bots. Game is doa

EDMIX

Got on last night for the update. Selected rush. Couldn't find a single match. Went into conquest, was 1/2 filled with bots. Game is doa

yea it sounds like you are selecting something or have something deselected as to why its showing zero.

Of all the issues I've had with 2042, finding a game was never one of em.

edit. keep in mind, this is the hyperbolic exaggerative stuff I'm talking about. You easily could have figured out how you are selecting the match or a filter setting has to do with your issue, did you just fucking think those of us are playing right now are magically not or something?

I had an issue with MW2 in which I've never posted on here as it is fucking simple, its not some fucking earth shattering thing to pretend its the end of the world. I downloaded the game and couldn't get into the MP portion, I find out that it keeps looping for some reason, did a quick google search and it was fixed.

I didn't fucking come on here and tell people I couldn't get in a match, doa etc. You have a solution to this and choose to instead exaggerate what is happening to you for the hot takes.

Last edited:

Lupin25

Yeah I am going to give it a shot since its coming to Gamepass and will see how things have changed.

Really loving the new COD and have always loved Hell Let Loose just can't see myself welcoming another shooter atm

That really is the issue.

Between Overwatch 2, Warzone 2, Apex, I can’t say how much playtime 2042 will truly receive. It’s congested out here. I’m even playing Splatoon & Co-op Returnal.

Even The FINALS looks to be a banger early next year. I’ll be looking forward to some more mates for that soon as well.

No shortage of fun in my eyes though.

Edit: something is going on with my web browser, can’t see notifications. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

EDMIX

Between Overwatch 2, Warzone 2, Apex, I can’t say how much playtime 2042 will truly receive. It’s congested out here. I’m even playing Splatoon & Co-op Returnal.

Even The FINALS looks to be a banger early next year. I’ll be looking forward to some more mates for that soon as well.

I think I'm in the opposite situation. I'm playing less MP titles theses days and will likely just stick to BF and maybe 1 more MP title. I do like the 40 or so hours I put in COD MW2 as I just play the quick game old school playlist lol I'll check out The Finals, but I think I'll just end up sticking to BF and maybe The Finals if I end up liking it. Playing the new season of 2042, I'll just continue playing that for a bit.

I think the days of me rotating thru many many MP titles is pretty much done.

Last edited:
the only fun im able to have so far today, is in the Portal mode. But then i realize these games are all full of A.I bots and is a bummer.

Its just more fun because the old maps are better, and theres way more enemies around in the smaller maps. The current 2042 experience is less glitchy. and the maps are more linear. But its still not fun

TwinB242

1 new map and a few weapons just isn't enough. Doesn't help that the last 2 maps have focused on the same type of design (infantry focused gameplay in smaller environments). So there's a distinct lack of variety, especially when Conquest and Breakthrough are still the same 2 modes. BF4 at launch still had more content and variety than what BF2042 currently has.

gothmog

Gold Member

Agreed. I feel like we now have such a glut of live service games that expect you to play them like they were your job. I really miss the days where you would just play these games until you unlocked everything. Then you either came back to play with friends because the squad based combat was fun or moved on to something else. How can you get excited about these games or its grindy content when you know there's another battle pass around the corner.

I think this is why I have been spending most of my gaming hours lately playing smaller single player games and indies. Between GamePass and PS+ I have more than enough content without feeling the FOMO.

Lupin25

I think I'm in the opposite situation. I'm playing less MP titles theses days and will likely just stick to BF and maybe 1 more MP title. I do like the 40 or so hours I put in COD MW2 as I just play the quick game old school playlist lol I'll check out The Finals, but I think I'll just end up sticking to BF and maybe The Finals if I end up liking it. Playing the new season of 2042, I'll just continue playing that for a bit.

I think the days of me rotating thru many many MP titles is pretty much done.

That’s a problem I would LIKE to have honestly.

I haven’t gotten quite tired of them yet, mainly due to the CAMARADERIE at this point. I am quite tired of the iterative feel of live-service games, though.

And my guy we definitely gotta put in a few hrs for The Finals lol. It’s got a lot of promise. It looks like a true NG Battlefield in ways (made by a few of their devs too).

Callisto Protocol, RE4, Starfield, Forspoken, Hogwarts, FFXVI, Spider-Man 2, Star Wars Jedi Survivor, Stellar Blade, The Invincible, SF6, Assassin’s Creed Mirage…

There’s some heat coming for us and I gotta clear my plate.

Agreed. I feel like we now have such a glut of live service games that expect you to play them like they were your job. I really miss the days where you would just play these games until you unlocked everything. Then you either came back to play with friends because the squad based combat was fun or moved on to something else. How can you get excited about these games or its grindy content when you know there's another battle pass around the corner.

I think this is why I have been spending most of my gaming hours lately playing smaller single player games and indies. Between GamePass and PS+ I have more than enough content without feeling the FOMO.

And we wonder why file sizes are so bloated. Live-service games don’t respect your time whatsoever, in fact they’re all fighting for all of it.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t care for the grind, just for the fun. But obviously, that’s difficult with games that gateway unlockables. I go through a phase with releases, but games like Warzone 2 are easily dropped for games like Callisto Protocol once they arrive. You don’t get those well-crafted experiences often anymore. I agree, it’s sad.

Like I’ve said, between your backlog, the games you’re already playing (and won’t stop playing), the games you haven’t bought that you want to play and the ones that aren’t out yet…

🤔 You’ll really start to think realistically how often you can devote yourself to each one lol

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I honestly don't understand all those people saying bad things about BF now. Tried it last night and it looks amazing at 120 fps on xsx. Gunfeel is great, much better than in BFV and probably BF1 but that was long time ago for me to remember. Can't compare to BF3 or 4 as I didn't play those for long.

I just wish I had a squad to play with as BF isn't made for solo. Right now I'm in halo infinite mode but I'll give battlefield some time too.

TrebleShot

I honestly don't understand all those people saying bad things about BF now. Tried it last night and it looks amazing at 120 fps on xsx. Gunfeel is great, much better than in BFV and probably BF1 but that was long time ago for me to remember. Can't compare to BF3 or 4 as I didn't play those for long.

I just wish I had a squad to play with as BF isn't made for solo. Right now I'm in halo infinite mode but I'll give battlefield some time too.
120fps?

Top Bottom