• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Two Souls uses Denuvo, PC demo performance impressions, graphics settings, 4K/Max screenshots

CyberPanda

Banned
Quantic Dream has released the demo for Beyond: Two Souls and we can confirm that this new cinematic game uses the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Furthermore, and similarly to Heavy Rain, the PC version runs silky smooth in 4K/Max settings, without any major issues.

In order to capture the following 4K screenshots, we used an Intel i7 4930K (overclocked at 4.2Ghz) with 16GB of DDR3 RAM at 2133Mhz, NVIDIA’s RTX 2080Ti, AMD’s Radeon RX Vega 64, Windows 10 64-bit and the latest versions of the GeForce and the AMD Adrenalin drivers.

The PC demo of Beyond: Two Souls ran with constant 60fps on both of our AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. In fact, the RTX2080Ti was not stressed at all (the game can be either locked at 30fps or 60fps, and there is no way to remove this framerate cap), suggesting that even a GTX980Ti can run it in 4K/Max settings.

Quantic Dream has added a few graphics settings to tweak. PC gamers can adjust the quality of Textures, Models, Reflections, Shadows, Anti-Aliasing and Ambient Occlusion, and there are options to enable/disable Motion Blur and Depth of Field.

Graphically, the PC version of Beyond: Two Souls is the definitive version as it can run smoothly in 4K and runs with 60fps (the PS4 version runs at 30fps). However, most PC gamers will immediately notice some dated textures, and there was noticeable aliasing even in 4K (the game only supports FXAA and SMAA for its anti-aliasing solution). Some of the character animations also feel dated and some characters – like for example the 3D model for Willem Dafoe – feel weird, though we do have to say that Jodie Holmes (the main female protagonist who is based on Elen Page) looks absolutely stunning.

Below you can find some 4K screenshots from the PC demo of Beyond: Two Souls.

It won't let me copy the image URL to post the images here, so if you want to see the 4K screens you can do so here:

CyberPanda

Banned
looks smexyplexi

next,

Detroit become hooman
iu

My fave Quantic Dreams game, although i havent played Detroit. Never understood why so many dont like this one.

I only got so far before I stopped playing, so idk if it picks back up, but I felt the possession mechanic was under utilized and the non liner story progression turned me off.

Top Bottom