• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Between PGR3 and RR6, which one plays the smoothest online so far?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I haven't got my 360 yet but let's talk about the online aspect of both racers.

I'm curious as to which one has the least amount of lag, and has been the smoothest against opponents over LIve?

Does the 14 player number of RR6 result in any car hopping, warping or blinking that you've noticed so far? What about in PGR3? What about the car collision? Pretty smooth?

Which one has been the most popular online so far, with the highest number of people playing?

I tried RR6 last night, it was very laggy. However, I think it was because the host of the game had a crappy connection. The Gamespot review said the online play was smooth.

Since no one was really playing RR6 tonight, I just started downloading ghosts off the leaderboard and trying to beat them.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
UncleScr00ge said:
I tried RR6 last night, it was very laggy. However, I think it was because the host of the game had a crappy connection. The Gamespot review said the online play was smooth.

Since no one was really playing RR6 tonight, I just started downloading ghosts off the leaderboard and trying to beat them.

That's not too encouraging :(

I don't have Ridge Racer 6 but I can say that PGR3 has been virtually flawless in the two dozen or so races I've played. Every now and then a match on startup may hang for 30-60 seconds. Though the fact that you can voice chat during that period kind of passes the time.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Both games are smooth online from what I've experienced.

Hey Isamu, what's the name of that dude who shoots himself in the head in your avatar?

KingJ2002

truth be told... ive been playing offline trying to beat world xplorer... the game is all I could ever want in a racer.

but pgr is pretty smooth online... it all depends on the connection.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
Totally off topic but Isamu you really need to listen to Filters "Hey man nice shot" while watching that video.

Ryudo said:
Totally off topic but Isamu you really need to listen to Filters "Hey man nice shot" while watching that video.

they had the guy in mind when they wrote the song right? it's a direct reference i believe...

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
monchi-kun said:
they had the guy in mind when they wrote the song right? it's a direct reference i believe...

Yep, Bud wasnt exactly an honest man and hence Richard Patrick writing the song. Bud's family didnt exactly take kindly to it either.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Off Topic: I just read an article as to why so much blood spewed out of Bud Dwyer's nose. Ugh its bad. Basically, since your heart continues to beat after the brain is dead (gunshot in the mouth into the head) Bud's heart continued to pump blood for a few mintues thus forcing the blood out of his head like a faucet....

Note: That video (when I first saw it) caught me off guard and has plagued my mind for months (when I first watched it). Truely horrific.

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
BlueTsunami said:
Off Topic: I just read an article as to why so much blood spewed out of Bud Dwyer's nose. Ugh its bad. Basically, since your heart continues to beat after the brain is dead (gunshot in the mouth into the head) Bud's heart continued to pump blood for a few mintues thus forcing the blood out of his head like a faucet....

Note: That video (when I first saw it) caught me off guard and has plagued my mind for months (when I first watched it). Truely horrific.

It was like someone just forgot to turn off the tap.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
BlueTsunami said:

Is this really necessary? They can ban avatars with boobs but not this?

isamu

Please derail the thread guys.

Any new impressions on the differences is lag/smoothness between the two games?

Beergut

I, for one, would ask that you consider changing the avatar. This is a gaming site that is viewed by adults as well as younger folk. To suddenly come across a video of a guy committing suicide is a bit much. JUst my opinion...

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
I will say, Isamu, that I played one game of PGR3 and it was perfectly smooth to me, o warping cars or anything. I even have broadband "lite" which is slower than typical cable.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Damn, after seeing Isamu's avatar, I also googled Budd Dwyer and got the whole sordid story about his suicide on TV. Which lead me to other on-air suicides... this was all while I was writing my PDZ review the other night. Ugh. Thanks a lot, Isamu!

isamu

Mercury Land Snake made me do it :)

Anyway I am hearing that RR6's lag is actually making the game's framerate slowdown. Is this true? I wonder if Namco can release a patch for this if it continues to be an issue?

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
isamu said:
Mercury Land Snake made me do it :)

Anyway I am hearing that RR6's lag is actually making the game's framerate slowdown. Is this true? I wonder if Namco can release a patch for this if it continues to be an issue?

That's kind of what happened in DOA: Ultimate, so it is possible.

Top Bottom