• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better two year launch line up, PS4 or PS5?

Which have you preferred so far PS4 or PS5’s first two years?

• PS4

• PS5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Don't forget, portion of ps5 list that are ps3 remakes 2/6. PS4? 0/8. Also worth noting of the remaining 4 that are left for ps5 only 2/4 are AAA and 1/2 of that 2/4 is getting a pc port soon.
Let me complete the PS4 side.
1/8 was not even a game, another is a remake of a cancelled PS3 game, and one looks like a mid-tier PS3 game (and it's coming to PC any day, now... ANY DAY!).
Of the remaining 5, there's a driving game that noone played even when it was offered for free, a non-interactive movie, and the sequel-spinoff of the PS2 Halo Killer that still plays like a PS2 game.
So really - we just have Infamous SS left.

Let me complete the PS4 side.
1/8 was not even a game, another is a remake of a cancelled PS3 game, and one looks like a mid-tier PS3 game (and it's coming to PC any day, now... ANY DAY!).
Of the remaining 5, there's a driving game that noone played even when it was offered for free, a non-interactive movie, and the sequel-spinoff of the PS2 Halo Killer that still plays like a PS2 game.
So really - we just have Infamous SS left.
Are you having an alright day?

Are you having an alright day?

Could ask you the same my guy

Comforting Black And White GIF by Warner Archive

Mr Hyde

Outside of Bloodborne, which is the game of the generation for me, PS4 line up was very dire, so PS5 easily wins. Demon's Souls, Returnal, Horizon Forbidden West and Ghostwire Tokyo have been great games so far. And Ragnarok is around the corner. Sony really has been on a roll since 2020, the hits just won't stop coming, either if it's first part of third party exclusives.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
PS5 would be a winner if not for a fact that:

a) you can play most of it on PS4
b) 2 titles are remasters of PS3 games

I'm yet to have that "holly shit, this is next-gen" moment that Infamous Second Son gave me with PS4.

Reactions: Isa

Isa

Both are ok for me, a tie really that sways depending on preference. Since the PS3 Sony's buildup into a proper gen with continuous solid releases seems to take a good 2-3 years. Nothing will top PS2 for me though. Every game there was magical for me, I recall from the moment I finally found a system, the first two games I bought, scouring gaming mags every week for details on upcoming releases and finding new games I just had to have. It seemed like every game was leagues above the last gen and minds(friends and family) were constantly blown. I prefer the current gen due to speed of loading and ease of access, but features are still missing that should've been there day 1 and I haven't been wowed since Astro Bot. This is also the first gen in ages where a PS is not my current main which speaks volumes for me. Thankfully there is stuff releasing eventually but the wait is more brutal for me than PS4 for good new titles that appeal to my tastes.

Sadly Sony FP has started to fall off my must have radar these past few years. Its only the higher quality multiplatform games that I buy there(when I can't get them elsewhere or at better quality) or signed exclusives. A great system that needs new games, I can't wait for the current gen to finally get firing on all cylinders.

It's PS4 just because of Bloodborne.
These list are between the ps4 and ps5 launch titles, late ports and 3rd party exclusives are excluded. Bolded are cross-gen releases.

PS4 First two Years
  • The Playroom
  • Killzone Shadowfall
  • Resogun
  • Infamous Second Son + First Light
  • Knack
  • MLB The Show 14’
  • Entwined
  • Driveclub
  • Little Big Planet 3
  • Helldivers
  • Tearaway
  • Until Dawn
  • The Order 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • MLB The Show 15’

PS5 First two Years

• Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Astro’s Playroom
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure
  • Destruction All-Stars
  • MLB The Show 21’
  • Returnal + Acension
  • Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • MLB The Show 22’
  • God of War Ragnarok
You put TLOU1 remastered on PS5 but you forgot TLOU1 remastered on PS4?

Top Bottom