• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Softworks is truly a powerhouse in gaming and Arkane is just another reason why

elliot5

Lirik "The reviews are bullshit, not 10/10" never change bro

Either way, excited to play it - love dishonored. Looking forward to Arkanes next proj.
yeah I'm subbed to Lirik and respect his opinion, but he's also kind of a pepega

Concern

I saw videos of Death Loops. I looks like a 5/10 game. Going to wait for it to be free on PS+.

Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

pratyush

It was the best studio out of what zeninax owned. There wasn't a debate on that.

Calling 3rd biggest publisher before it joined Microsoft big is just stating the obvious.

Gediminas

Banned
yes yes, powerhouse, that is why xbox dudes forgot everything about bethesda and m$ 7,5 billions purchase and crying and begging all over internet for sony exclusives.

games and studios has nothing to do with xbox dudes and gaming, those people just trying to get some bragging rights, brownie points. that is pitiful.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Too bad Elder Scrolls is the shittiest and most boring RPG I ever played. Modern Fallout is a trash collecting simulator.
This kind of post is ridiculous. Even if you think that's true, it still reads like the words of a child, desperate to complain or downplay.

"Bethesda is a great acquisition for Microsoft and their latest release underlines that"

Choices:

Don't care: ignore and move on.

Acknowledge the facts of the situation

Attempt to nitpick and diminish.

Do you think people were waiting for your verdict on Fallout and Elder Scrolls? I don't think the majority were.

This kind of posting is what makes neogaf a joke.

Play the game, not the giant corporation.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why would a MS first party game be offered on a competitors service as a perk? Makes zero sense. If Sony was the publisher, I may believe there was a chance. But that's not the case.

The difference is that Sony would never release any games on the competitors platform.

I know this deal was before the acquisition, but Microsoft has no reason not to make it ps+ one day.
Sony pays for the plus games, and Microsoft can be bought like anyone else.

When the game stops selling there's no reason for Microsoft not to get the last money for the game from that offer

Id software alone is already a tremendous acquisition, but when you factor all the other studios that are included in the zenimax bundle it gets really game changing for MS

If it wasn't real or clear to people before, it should be clear now with Deathloop. Their first major new game on next gen, and it's a gem like this. Microsoft based on twitter are clearly loving this right now. People playing this on Playstation 5, enjoy what appears to be a masterpiece of a videogame. I'm waiting to play it on my Series X, and it's just crazy that all these games from Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda will all be day one launches on Game Pass, and will live there permanently.

The difference is that Sony would never release any games on the competitors platform.

I know this deal was before the acquisition, but Microsoft has no reason not to make it ps+ one day.

When the game stops selling there's no reason for Microsoft not to get the last money for the game from that offer

Nah, once the deal is up, it will only be on one game subscription service, and that's Game Pass. Sony after that won't be able to buy its presence on their subscription service because nothing is more valuable to Microsoft than someone subscribing to Game Pass to play their first party titles. If it's ever going to end up on PS+ it will be because the deal was already set and Microsoft chose to honor it, and not because they somehow made Microsoft an offer.

Tmac

With Deathloop dropping you realise the power that this publisher wields and exactly why MS were so keen on purchasing them. After all, there was a time people laughed off their Minecraft aquisition and it paid dividends. It's nice to see Arkane hit another one of the park with Deathloop. Dishonoured remains one of my favourite franchises in gaming and this looks to be Arkane in peak form.

Arkane, ID Software, Machine Games and Bethesda game studios are responsible for a breadth of the deepest AAA games on the market. I probably would have preferred if they remained multi plat so that more gamer's could continue to enjoy their games, but I'm glad at least Deathloop slipped through the cracks before all of these games become Xbox/PC. Anyway, great score for Microsoft, it has instantly turned their first party into serious contender after what I would consider to be a relatively weak first party offering last generation.

With gaming market growing so much, acquisition that seemed to be overpriced are a bargain now.

Bethesda is a much more complex beast but microsoft will probably get away with it with a profit.

elliot5

the only reason MLB was on game pass is bc the MLB published the Xbox side. I wouldn't imagine some other Sony game coming to game pass or GWG (lol) ever. Sony will have plenty of titles to throw onto PS+ anyway. I'm sure it's rather coveted to get a spot there, but even then Sony will have titles like Sackboy and Returnal to eventually give away if they want some headliners.

You won't see games like Minecraft Dungeons hitting PS+ either.

yes yes, powerhouse, that is why xbox dudes forgot everything about bethesda and m$ 7,5 billions purchase and crying and begging all over internet for sony exclusives.

games and studios has nothing to do with xbox dudes and gaming, those people just trying to get some bragging rights, brownie points. that is pitiful.

Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Redfall, the next gen Doom and Wolfenstein are all Sony exclusives?

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

VAVA Mk2

Saved this post for future reference.
Why would it? Sony loses it as a timed exclusive after a year and it will go on GamePass at that point. All future installments will be exclusive to XBox and PC. That is the reality of the situation. Only reason PS5 gets this is there was an agreement with Bethesda/Arkane before Microsoft bought Bethesda. No chance Sony gets this free on PS+ as Microsoft will want it to drive GP subs.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Nah, once the deal is up, it will only be on one game subscription service, and that's Game Pass.

Isn't it pc and ps exclusive? Is it only timed exclusive?

the only reason MLB was on game pass is bc the MLB published the Xbox side. I wouldn't imagine some other Sony game coming to game pass or GWG (lol) ever. Sony will have plenty of titles to throw onto PS+ anyway. I'm sure it's rather coveted to get a spot there, but even then Sony will have titles like Sackboy and Returnal to eventually give away if they want some headliners.

You won't see games like Minecraft Dungeons hitting PS+ either.

The problem is you see this as a fanboy war.

Microsoft and Sony doesn't give a shit about that. They are competitors, yes, but they've shown good karma bout both.

Sony doesn't want to ignore this game just because its released by Microsoft. Sonys ps chief won't be sleepless over night because of it.

Congrats on sonys first party games. Why aren't ps plus filled with exclusives every month if they'd rather want to focus on their own games.

Oh yeah, that's right. Because Sony doesn't give a fuck about who released them and Microsoft wont be small bitches about it if it makes sense to get it on plus.

Gediminas

Banned
Why would it? Sony loses it as a timed exclusive after a year and it will go on GamePass at that point. All future installments will be exclusive to XBox and PC. That is the reality of the situation. Only reason PS5 gets this is there was an agreement with Bethesda/Arkane before Microsoft bought Bethesda. No chance Sony gets this free on PS+ as Microsoft will want it to drive GP subs.
It's in the contract, or at least it has been leaked from the epic case, that Sony has first refusal on putting it on a subscription service once exclusivity period ends.

CitizenZ

Banned
When that deal was done, the biggest get IMO was everyone except BGS. They have created some awesome worlds to explore but in terms of RPG gameplay and story, not even in the top 10.

Last edited:

elliot5

Isn't it pc and ps exclusive? Is it only timed exclusive?

The problem is you see this as a fanboy war.

Microsoft and Sony doesn't give a shit about that. They are competitors, yes, but they've shown good karma bout both.

Sony doesn't want to ignore this game just because its released by Microsoft. Sonys ps chief won't be sleepless over night because of it.

Congrats on sonys first party games. Why aren't ps plus filled with exclusives every month if they'd rather want to focus on their own games.

Oh yeah, that's right. Because Sony doesn't give a fuck about who released them and Microsoft wont be small bitches about it if it makes sense to get it on plus.
I'm not looking at it from a "fanboy war" perspective, just the historical trends. I know MS and Sony don't 'care' or things like PS+ may be small peanuts monetarily. I'm sure Sony would be glad to include it in PS+, I just don't think that's part of Microsoft's plan to grow their own business and incentives of their platform/services.

If you look back at PS3, Vita, and PS4 and even now PS5's PS+ lineup the start of the generation is always indies and then some 3rd party titles creeping in with a few big labels. However, after two years or so they start to release their own marquee line up to PS+. Games like InFamous, LBP, DriveClub, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, R&C, etc. By the time Deathloop would even possibly go onto PS+ (which it won't), Sony will already be at the point where they can start trickling in their backlog of games.

VAVA Mk2

It's in the contract, or at least it has been leaked from the epic case, that Sony has first refusal on putting it on a subscription service once exclusivity period ends.
Pretty easy work around. MS just makes a "definitive edition" or director's cut version of the game and that gets put on GP.

coffinbirth

MLB The Show says hello.
Also, "Microsoft has no reason not to make it ps+ one day" Yes, they do. It's called GamePass. This is exceedingly obvious, friend.

It would be hilarious if they NEVER allowed it to go on sale either. Naw, I kid, that would suck for those that can only play it on PS5.

Marty-McFly

Banned
It was the best studio out of what zeninax owned. There wasn't a debate on that.

Calling 3rd biggest publisher before it joined Microsoft big is just stating the obvious.
I'm not just talking about the size of the Publisher.

The games they offer are incredibly diverse and have a lot of character. Not the standard Ubi formula fare we are used to in the industry.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Powerhouse is a big exaggeration.

Another thing you need to consider, is that the game NEEDS TO SELL, which we will see.

I like dishonored and i preordered deathloop, but i think arcane games dont sell alot

Last edited:

Tschumi

Death Loop got short shrift by opposing warriors on annoucement at the PS5 games reveal last year, funny that it's now a lynchpin in the reconstruction of fallen auteurs Bethesda.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Interesting that I basically love every developer under Bethesda except for Bethesda their own studio.

Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonor, and The Evil Within, all my cups of tea. I just couldn't get into either TES V or FO4 for 2 hours at all, despite I am a big fan of RPG...

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
They should let Arkane make the next numbered installment of Fallout with a veteran team from Beth to co dev while Bethsoft big Dick Head Todd Howard creative consultant.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not my cup of tea games, but Arkane games get good reviews. A combo of niche gameplay, setting and marketing sets their games back in terms of sales and recognition.

Even if Redfall reviews mediocre, that game will probably be it's best seller simply due to the party mode shooter genre it is.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's never going to be free on PS+...
Going by the contracts we know for sure that Sony will have the first right to refusal for the game going on subscription services. That's the reason it's not on PC Gamepass either.

I think before September 2022 (when it releases on Xbox and PC Gamepass) Sony will put this game on PS+. I think a month or two before that for good measures.

It depends how the Deal Sony made with Bethesda. Maybe Sony‘s deal with them doesnt allow them to be on gamepass. Or that Sony has first dibs in streaming. Or sony has the opinion of putting the game on PS + after two years. Or all sequels need to be on Playstation. It depends on the contract.

Depends how much they protected themselves. Take Two didnt protect themselves at all it seems.

MistBreeze

although Im not a Bethesda fan but there is no denying they are a big get for Microsoft

but For me I do not feel the need to get an Xbox now

If they released a must have exclusive game that justify a series x purchase I will buy their console no matter what studio developed it

I bought 360 for lost odyssey back in the day and for Bayonetta ( cause ps3 bad port )
I bought wii u for bayonetta 2

I buy whichever console has the game I want

Top Bottom