• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda E3 press conference date and time announced

I have to admit that I truly have no idea what to expect from Bethesda for this E3. I will watch, but I am going to be pissed if all we get is a bunch of stuff we already know about. They need to have a legit surprises. If we all get is extended Wolfenstein and Doom Eternal footage and trying to polish the turd that is Fallout 76 then Bethesda shouldn't have bothered.

Surprises could include:
1. Remasters of Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas (I badly want this and don't apologize for it). This would make the show for me.
2. A fullblown singleplayer expansion for Fallout 76. I'd certainly be curious about this, but it aint gonna happen.
3. Quake returns in some form.
4. Prey 2 would be nice.
5. Re-release Morrowind and Oblivion.

I agree about a remaster of New Vegas and Fallout 3. Either one of those would be good news. I wonder if it would be just a graphics remaster, or if they'd try to improve the gameplay as well? It's probably not happening, either way, but it's nice to think about. I feel like Bethesda needs some good press, especially in regards to Fallout. That is a huge IP for them, and I can't imagine they want to let Fallout 76 be the torch-bearer until the next entry. No matter what Todd says, I think Fallout 76 and the surrounding kerfuffle caused some real damage to that brand. That being said, I can't see them making a single-player version of Fallout 76. Bethesda invested so much time and energy into the live service aspect of that game. It would almost be admitting absolute failure to release a single-player version. Honestly, I don't see them making a single-player Fallout ever again. I think Bethesda is going to double-down and try again for the next entry. At any rate, I don't know what Bethesda has in store, but this is going to be an important E3 for them.

Ixiah

Banned
This is the year we get Elder Scrolls VI.

I know it, I just know it...
On the same broken old creation engine that should have been replaced Years ago.
Even IF Elder Scrolls 6 comes out before 2030, its gonna be buggy and broken and only after Years of Fan Patching will most of its Problems be fixed.
Meanwhile ES6 will be announced for Nintendo Switch XL, PS5,Ps6, every other Mobile Phone and your Dad´s Radio.
Boy i cant wait to play in an Level Scaled World where nothing proves a challenge and you get treated like a little child by Todd Coward and his Writers, too dumb to follow the Story in your own way.

VertigoOA

Banned
I wonder how they actually update their engine. With all the patchwork gone into 76 I imagine a snapshot was taken from a point and a new game started from there. Doesn’t mean it was enough progress tho.

Stafford

Some Starfield gameplay would be nice.

It was last year that Howard said Starfield was playable from start to finish, I believe that's what he said. They can definitely show a trailer or hell, even teaser with brief gameplay parts. Yes it would fully go against their... thing... of revealing and releasing that game in the same year, but it would make a lot of fans happy.

Won't happen though.

I would like to see Starfield because I constantly piss and moan about there being a lack of RPGs set in the future and/or space. I'm excited for Cyberpunk but that's not as "future" or "space" as I am looking for.

I hope to see it at E3. Then I expect to see the game progressively look worse and worse until it launches a bug-ridden mess that will need community patches to be stable and community mod support to look decent. I also expect them to be aggressively anti-mod pushing a paid mod store and constant updates made to break existing non-store mods, the majority of which will be simple ports of mods created for Skyrim and Fallout 4. That's just me being optimistic though.

Riven326

Banned
It was last year that Howard said Starfield was playable from start to finish, I believe that's what he said. They can definitely show a trailer or hell, even teaser with brief gameplay parts. Yes it would fully go against their... thing... of revealing and releasing that game in the same year, but it would make a lot of fans happy.

Won't happen though.
Do you think they're crazy enough to show gameplay of Fallout 76? Like a new expansion or something?

Stafford

Do you think they're crazy enough to show gameplay of Fallout 76? Like a new expansion or something?

It's possible they want to reassure the players that new stuff is coming. They could show what players can expect from that Wastelanders dlc.

VertigoOA

Banned
It's possible they want to reassure the players that new stuff is coming. They could show what players can expect from that Wastelanders dlc.

They’re definitely going to show up both Nuclear Winter and Wastelandera. Nuclear winter because it probably launches alongside e3, and wastelanders because it’s the npc and quest “fix” dlc people are waiting on.

Last edited:
Bethesda is definitely going to show off more of Fallout 76, but I don’t think that’s going to do much positive for them. Unless it’s a single-player version, I doubt it’s going to convince people who’ve sat out, or given up, to go back and play the game.

Xenon

My "predictions"

Bethesda Cart Racing - featuring characters from Fallout, Doom, the Elder Scrolls, Etc

Elder Scroll tactics - battle through a campaign or online tournaments.

New IP

Oh, God. Shinji better be here to save the Resident Evil series, because if he doesn't, the YouTuber known as "Nemesis" will probably go on another tirade that involves him comparing the fans to baby effing seals again.

It's these fanboys that applaud this S-H-I-T. They're applauding Capcom, like a bunch of baby-effing-sequels. They go: Uh! Uh! Uh! Oh yeah, Capcom. Ooh yeah, I love that. Ha-ha. I think he needs to lay off the acid trips. But that would make a great shirt if you're genuinely mad at Capcom, I guess, because you won't give them your seal of approval. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

On a serious note, however, Shinji actually does need to save the franchise, as it has been going downhill for the longest amount of time, no matter what people say about their recent efforts. I'm certain that when it's all said and done, Mikami probably secretly hates Capcom for ruining his creation by making it into a generic as all hell shooter series. The Evil Within was definitely his response to that. But the thing with Mikami is that he's able to be a professional about it. But, yeah. I'm sure he is kind of fed up of what has been going on for over a decade, but he just doesn't say otherwise. Unfortunately, it's more likely that Shinji's showing up at E3 this year, is for a new The Evil Within game. :messenger_neutral:

Top Bottom