• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda boss Todd Howard: It's hard to imagine Elder Scrolls 6 being Xbox exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Actual interview
Despite the many entry points to the Xbox ecosystem, there are still concerns that all future Bethesda titles will be restricted to channels the Microsoft controls. Xbox boss Phil Spencer said at the time that Bethesda's games continuing to be multiformat will be judged "on a case-by-case basis" -- and Howard reiterates that the details of the deal are still being finalised. When it comes to such releases, he says, "We haven't gone through all of that, to be honest."

"We do view it, and always have by ourselves, on a case-by-case basis," he says. "We'll do that as part of Microsoft as well. They've been pretty open on other platforms and not just within Xbox. This is an outside perspective, but if you go back ten years at Microsoft, you wouldn't expect them to have a full Office suite on an iPhone either.

"I can't really project where things will be except to say we've done those sort of exercises ourselves as an independent. If you look at every Elder Scrolls game, there has been some exclusivity on Xbox or with Microsoft. We've partnered with every game. Morrowind was basically a console exclusive, Oblivion was a long timed exclusive, Skyrim's DLC was exclusive for a long period of time. We'll decide what makes the best sense for our audience when the time comes, and I can't really project today what that looks like."

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
tough shit todd it ain't up to you any more. you'll do what Phil tell's ya and ye'll like it.

ms should just make Elder Scrolls an xbox exclusive title. release it on PC too if they want but it shouldn't be coming to Playstation. MS paid $7.5b so they can do what they want with it.

Fbh

It's Todd and they are now owned by MS.
Now more than ever, what he says is irrelevant.

dotnotbot

He said yes I agree its hard to imagine, not "yeah its not happening" I can picture the same smirk on his face they all had in the Larry hyrb interview. Guys just stop it isnt going to happen. Just buy a series S if you don't want to buy an X.

No thanks, I will happily play it on my PS5 Pro in 4k@60 :messenger_blowing_kiss:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
yup a PC is basically a build your own Xbox.

I agree, no way it doesn’t come to PC!

it definitely will come to PC.

Elder Scrolls wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for PC. MS would be STUPID to not put it out on PC. there's just no reason to release it on Playstation because A) MS doesn't get any money from Playstation sales + B) MS doesn't make any money from the Playstation OS. It makes money from selling Xbox hardware and licensing Windows.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I know how hard xbox fanboys want it to be a full exclusive but it just isn't happening. This game sells way too much.
that'll be good for Xbox then....

MS didn't just spend $7,500,000,000 just to let it be released on Playstation lol.

and before you call me an "xbox fanboy" i've owned every Playstation since '95 and have a PS5 preordered.

face the truth, kid.

Damigos

It will probably be released in 2022, where there would be 50 million PS5 possible buyers.
I dont think they would want exclusivity then

dotnotbot

that'll be good for Xbox then....

MS didn't just spend $7,500,000,000 just to let it be released on Playstation lol.

and before you call me an "xbox fanboy" i've owned every Playstation since '95 and have a PS5 preordered.

face the truth, kid.

It will be "the truth" when the game finally comes out. Now it's just wishful thinking on your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom