• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEST Xbox Games of 2020 So Far...

kretos

Banned
SpectacularSadAddax-max-1mb.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm super hyped for Xbox Series X but the Xbox One generation has been dead and buried since 2017. Once Microsoft announced those 5 development studios at E3 2018, it was and still is all about next generation.

ANIMAL1975

It sadness me to say this, but this list makes me feel happy that i have to hear that other console instead of its games....

gow3isben

Good God. I bought an Xbox because I'm a Gears Junkie (both new ones were solid) and I really liked Sunset Overdrive. Other than that...hate to say it but worst exclusive library of any console I can think of.

I'm not worried for the future though. I think they hired this one real cool and chill guy - spencer or something - who is totally all about the gamers and he'll pump out those exclusives pretty soon.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
and that is a huge issue when someone is considering an Xbox.... IMO.

Personally, im not considering Xbox Series X as I already decided to make it my primary gaming console for next generation. Exclusives wise, I already have Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Gears Tactics, The Ascent and The Medium which already matches the 5 exclusives I had for Xbox One. Plus, im expecting to add a few more after their July showcase.

If I was to go by the lack of exclusives for me in regards to Xbox One, then I would have never switched from Xbox 360 to PlayStation 4 because I only had 5 exclusives for PlayStation 3 and 4 of them were from Naughty Dog. For PlayStation 4, Sony has given me 20 exclusives. A few excellent games, some great, a few good and a few less than good.

I see Xbox Series X giving me the exclusives that Sony gave me with PlayStation 4. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever because that makes no sense to me as I always go with what I believe to be the better overall gaming console. Have done this since SNES (followed by PS, PS2, Xbox 360, PS4 and next up Xbox Series X) and six generations later, I still haven't chosen wrong and I can guarantee that I never will.

But im always a multi-console owner. Have always owned 2-4 consoles every generation since SNES and next gen will be no exception. The only difference is that im switching brands in regards to which console will be my primary gaming console and which will be for exclusives only.

In general, im buying both consoles day one and looking forward to both but im way more hyped for Xbox Series X for various reasons.

Bryank75

Banned
Personally, im not considering Xbox Series X as I already decided to make it my primary gaming console for next generation. Exclusives wise, I already have Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Gears Tactics, The Ascent and The Medium which already matches the 5 exclusives I had for Xbox One. Plus, im expecting to add a few more after their July showcase.

If I was to go by the lack of exclusives for me in regards to Xbox One, then I would have never switched from Xbox 360 to PlayStation 4 because I only had 5 exclusives for PlayStation 3 and 4 of them were from Naughty Dog. For PlayStation 4, Sony has given me 20 exclusives. A few excellent games, some great, a few good and a few less than good.

I see Xbox Series X giving me the exclusives that Sony gave me with PlayStation 4. I have no brand loyalty whatsoever because that makes no sense to me as I always go with what I believe to be the better overall gaming console. Have done this since SNES (followed by PS, PS2, Xbox 360, PS4 and next up Xbox Series X) and six generations later, I still haven't chosen wrong and I can guarantee that I never will.

But im always a multi-console owner. Have always owned 2-4 consoles every generation since SNES and next gen will be no exception. The only difference is that im switching brands in regards to which console will be my primary gaming console and which will be for exclusives only.

In general, im buying both consoles day one and looking forward to both but im way more hyped for Xbox Series X for various reasons.
Fair enough, that sounds reasonable. I'm just a PlayStation gamer mostly but I do have a Switch... nothing on other systems has caught my eye in a long time.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough, that sounds reasonable. I'm just a PlayStation gamer mostly but I do have a Switch... nothing on other systems has caught my eye in a long time.

I had a Switch. Played 5 exclusives (Kingdom Battle, Link's Awakening, DKC TF, NSMBUD and Ultimate Alliance 3) and then traded it in. Don't see anything else that I want to play through. Only Kingdom Battle 2 and/or Super Mario 3D World would get me to buy a Switch again.

Bryank75

Banned
I had a Switch. Played 5 exclusives (Kingdom Battle, Link's Awakening, DKC TF, NSMBUD and Ultimate Alliance 3) and then traded it in. Don't see anything else that I want to play through. Only Kingdom Battle 2 and/or Super Mario 3D World would get me to buy a Switch again.
I rarely play mine atm. But who knows when they will release some stuff I like...

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I rarely play mine atm. But who knows when they will release some stuff I like...

Yeah, after Link's Awakening, there wasn't a single game announced that I wanted to play for it so I said, it's time for it to go. lol.

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah, after Link's Awakening, there wasn't a single game announced that I wanted to play for it so I said, it's time for it to go. lol.
Yeah, I was considering selling mine cause it was unused and they were selling for nearly 500 bucks... but I just didn't bother in the end.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I was considering selling mine cause it was unused and they were selling for nearly 500 bucks... but I just didn't bother in the end.

For almost $500, Switch would have been gone 100%.

ZywyPL

Banned
The COVID lockdown surely screwed up my sense of time, I thought Ori, Doom, CoD Warzone and MW2R were released at the end of last year lol.

Top Bottom