• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best videogames of 2022 - New Yorker

Ragnarok will be absent from the most alternative list, my guess. It will be placed in good spots on the more mainstream gaming-centered media.

Even absent from honourable mentions.

Funny they put Cyberpunk in there.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
“Re-released” this year with a next-gen patch.
giphy.gif

Fredrik

I think it’s ok. The really boring ones will be coming from Gamespot, IGN, etc. But the best one will come from GAF. :D
GAF’s GOTY last year was Halo Infinite so forgive me for not agreeing with you there lol, I didn’t even have it on my top 10, Metroid Dread should’ve won.

Fredrik

Just started on GT7 and absolutely love it already. What a stylish and immersive game. I love when the passion of the devs for game subject just shines through.
Yeah, it’s not my favorite racer but it is a love letter for car enthusiasts like nothing before it, I need to jump back in.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
At first I went "the fuck is a Trombone Champ?", but apparently it has 98% of positive reviews on Steam with over 4000 reviews.

To my wishlist it goes!

This is the cool thing about those alternative lists, that you can discover many cool but lesser knowm games that otherwise could have been missed. Thanks for posting it OP!

Last edited:

tommib

GAF’s GOTY last year was Halo Infinite so forgive me for not agreeing with you there lol, I didn’t even have it on my top 10, Metroid Dread should’ve won.
For me it was a tie between Metroid Dread and Returnal. But Metroid would’ve been an absolutely worthy game of the title.

yurinka

• Elden Ring
  • Immortality
  • Norco
  • Trombone Champ
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • The Case of the Golden Idol
  • Vampire Survivors
  • Marvel Snap
  • Hardspace: Shipbreaker
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Kirby: The Forgotten Land
  • Wordle
What a joke of a list. Where are God of War Ragnarok and Horizon 2?

And Cyberpunk 2077 was released in 2020, shouldn't be in a list of 2022 if they released next gen patches now, ports or free dlcs aren't new games.

Last edited:

Fredrik

For me it was a tie between Metroid Dread and Returnal. But Metroid would’ve been an absolutely worthy game of the title.
I played Returnal this year, when it came to PS+ Premium, but it would’ve been up there near the top for sure. It’s one of my favorites this year, went from hating it to absolutely loving it after I found about you could save.
1. Dread
2. Ascent
3. Forgot the rest. Would need to check
Yup The Ascent was awesome, I had it as number 2 or 3, don’t remember, it was one of those games where I really don’t understand game critics. MS should hire the dev to do a Gears Action RPG with the same foundation.

I think I’m closing in on the end on Scorn now, it has rushed up my list, I love it, it’s gross and incredibly slow at times but no hand-holding is so refreshing and it feels like nothing else. And the art design is just incredible, never seen anything like it, could’ve been made by H.R. Giger. I’ll probably end up having it on my top 3 unless it stumbles at the end. Edit: Done! woah

Last edited:
I played Returnal this year, when it came to PS+ Premium, but it would’ve been up there near the top for sure. It’s one of my favorites this year, went from hating it to absolutely loving it after I found about you could save.

Yup The Ascent was awesome, I had it as number 2 or 3, don’t remember, it was one of those games where I really don’t understand game critics. MS should hire the dev to do a Gears Action RPG with the same foundation.

I think I’m closing in on the end on Scorn now, it has rushed up my list, I love it, it’s gross and incredibly slow at times but no hand-holding is so refreshing and it feels like nothing else. And the art design is just incredible, never seen anything like it, could’ve been made by H.R. Giger. I’ll probably end up having it on my top 3 unless it stumbles at the end. Edit: Done! woah
I have Scorn downloaded. I'll definitely try to work it in soon. Glad youre loving it!

Fredrik

I have Scorn downloaded. I'll definitely try to work it in soon. Glad youre loving it!
It’s super slow so be prepared for that, and there is lots of trial and error and zero hand-holding throughout the whole game. Tbh I was bored at first but gave it another go and got madly hooked, it’s a feast for the eyes if you like Alien.

proandrad

What a joke of a list. Where are God of War Ragnarok and Horizon 2?

And Cyberpunk 2077 was released in 2020, shouldn't be in a list of 2022 if they released next gen patches now, ports or free dlcs aren't new games.
There shouldn't even be a list yet, the year isn't over.

Top Bottom