• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Switch Games of 2020 and 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Since its launch, the Switch has settled into a very clear pattern- one where it alternates between having jampacked and relatively quiet years. And after a 2019 that was brimming with one excellent release after another, in 2020, Nintendo's hybrid took a bit of a breather.

But even in this relatively quiet year, the Switch still managed to deliver a number of excellent games- from long awaited sequels to indie gems, from solid remasters to ports of beloved games, from first party hits to third party surprises. Here, we'll be talking about the best Switch games of 2020, starting with the nominees, before declaring GamingBolt's winner of this honour.

Thanks mods for the title change

Have A Nice Day Thank You GIF by Todd Rocheford

Last edited:

S73v3

Banned
The only game for switch that ever resonated with me is mario maker 2.

My sub has expired so the game is severely gimped.

I don't think switch will get a game that will keep me from trashbagging the platform at EoL

Disappointment IMO. Animal Crossing was doodoo, Paper Mario was fun but went a bit too long, Rune Factory 4 was great, as was Xenoblade Chronicles Remake. Will not purchase Pikmin 3 until it’s at an acceptable price. Ugh. Will wait on Hades for now.

Buggy Loop

Yea, my Switch stats this year are abysmal. I think i have 65 hours total. 90% of that for sure is Slay the Spire, and a bit of Hades.

Really a bad year if you don't care about animal crossing.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pretty meh year.

Also very disappointed with CrossCode. How a 2d game can have frame dips on a modern console is something that baffles me. Fuck that, learn to code properly before asking for money.

Last edited:
It certainly isn't as good as I expected, so far.
Honestly, what I find baffling is the lack of progress in the series. You have Stardew Valley, Rune Factory, etc come out, and Animal Crossing is still this shallow? Boggles the mind.

Pretty meh year.

Also very disappointed with CrossCode. How a 2d game can have frame dips on a modern console is something that baffles me. Fuck that, learn to code properly before asking for money.
Fuck me I wish I hadn’t read this post. I ordered the physical version of CrossCode less than two months ago😢

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Fuck me I wish I hadn’t read this post. I ordered the physical version of CrossCode less than two months ago😢
Only tried it in handheld, maybe it's better in docked.

Also, searching for this issue makes some reddits posts from July stating that a patch is or was coming. Maybe it's better now.

Good luck bro.

HF2014

Didnt watch the video, but beside Animal Crossing which is a cut version of New Leaf so far ( really hoping an update will add all the missing stuff ), there is not much this year that got my attention. Hoping next year will be better.

Woopah

Doesn't seem like they knew Miitopia was a port and for some reason they think BOTW2 is scheduled for 2021. Should have stuck to non-ports and games that have confirmed 2021 releases.

Switch has a pretty good line up for the first 8 months of 2021. I'm.hoping the last 4 months are just as good if not better.

SinDelta

Xenoblade DE
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
Monster Hunter Rise

This is a pretty damn nice trio of games right there, for me at least. I've heard good stuff about Bowers Fury and Luigi's Mansion 3 (Not into Mario like I am into Zelda or Xenoblade.)

And probably getting Bravely Default 2 and the No More Heroes Trilogy at some point down the line.

Still, I would like more for Zeldas 35th Anniversary then Skyward Sword HD.

nerdface

Banned
Maybe I’m just making your point, but I played 400+ hours of Borderlands2, then 150 of Hades in 2020. I had a backlog of indies to catch up on like Dead Cells and Isaac, plus some great new releases like cybershadow.

2021 Capcom has already thrown me a baller GnG that I’ve only beaten the first three levels on legend. Weeks later I’m getting tea-bagged by a new monster hunter.

I literally can’t play videogames fast enough to catch up, and the Switch is my only console.

I think some people are waiting for the next average zelda or some shit. Ironically, first party software is the LAST reason to own the platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom