• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best hidden gem of 2022 so far?

Neo_GAF

Banned
For what it's worth, I enjoyed HFW more than ER as a whole, but there is no way in fuck that the top Sony exclusive is hidden. Also it is a gem that needed more polishing. It was buggy at launch and still buggy after the first 2 or 3 patches.
i remember zero dawn back then also not catching any bigger audience. i admit, i played HZD in 2020 and was absolutely floored. i played through the maingame+DLC in 100 hours and almost platinum'd it.
best game on ps4.

Y0ssarian

Banned
The hidden gem is Digimon Survive considering there is no gameplay footage yet and it releases in 2 months time

Reactions: Isa

Labadal

One of my favorite western rpgs in recent years was released late in 2021. It is on par with Gothic 1 and 2. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must play. If this isn't overlooked, I don't know what is. It doesn't have English voice acting, but the Polish voice acting is well made, or you can play without any VA at all.

Another great game is Knights of the Chalice 2. It might not have good Steam reviews, but the turn-based combat is great. Really challenging, but also a great deal of fun. Turn-based, party-based, and handcrafted encounters. The game uses the OGL 3.5, the set of rules at the root of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, a role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast.

TheMan

Triangle Strategy, no doubt.

Citizen Sleeper is going to be skipped by 99.99% of people but it's really pretty great. A very well made time management / choice / visual novel sci-fi game. I haven't been able to put it down.

I've had my eye on ANNO: Mutationem, but waiting for a sale. Can't say if it's good or not but it looks cool.
I’m seriously considering getting my switch fixed so I can play TS and Metroid

amigastar

One of my favorite western rpgs in recent years was released late in 2021. It is on par with Gothic 1 and 2. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must play. If this isn't overlooked, I don't know what is. It doesn't have English voice acting, but the Polish voice acting is well made, or you can play without any VA at all.

Another great game is Knights of the Chalice 2. It might not have good Steam reviews, but the turn-based combat is great. Really challenging, but also a great deal of fun. Turn-based, party-based, and handcrafted encounters. The game uses the OGL 3.5, the set of rules at the root of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5, a role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast.
Yes, my vote also goes to The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos.

CitizenZ

Banned
Highly, highly recommend both though wait for sale on Hellslave its over priced IMO

Last edited:
evil-dead-the-game-evil-dead.gif

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm having a blast playing this budget JRPG right now, the combat is grindy but surprinsingly fun, and there's a cute doggo as a party member, you can equip the doggo with guns xD

Honestly this looks more interesting than most games I've seen this year.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Any fantasy adventure games that people are aware of that invoke the feelings of yesteryear like Kena, Spyro etc?

Top Bottom