• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Offering Nvidia 30xx GPU's In Store 07/20/2021

GraphicsCard_V1-scaled-thegem-blog-default.jpg
552x368.jpg

NVIDIA’s latest graphics cards, GeForce RTX 30 Series, are here, and they’re bringing PC gamers the ultimate performance.

The new flagship lineup has the power to take gaming to the next level with features like ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS performance-boosting AI, and much more.

With this launch, we want you to have the best experience possible, so here’s everything you need to know about the GeForce RTX 30 Series ― available only in select stores.

How to get your graphics card:​

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards will have limited quantities available on Tuesday, July 20, only in select stores.

Blue Shirts at participating stores will start handing out tickets at 7:30 a.m. local time* that morning. We’ll hand out one ticket per customer in line. If you get a ticket, you will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase a graphics card inside the store beginning at 8 a.m. local time.

Graphics cards are limited to one per customer.*

I would post the store list, but it's 115 entries and would stretch the hell out of the thread.

Check the Link for a list of stores offering the units tomorrow and good luck + BE SAFE:

If it's the 3080 Ti, I would suggest passing. Stupid Nvidia charging an arm and leg for barely any improvement over the 3080.

3070 Ti isn't too bad if you can get the FE at $599.99.
Looking at their websites listings it appears they're one of the few retailers selling them for the suggested retail prices which would be a huge win for anyone that snatches one up. I got my 3090 for $1499 at launch luckily, but I was in the Microcenter close to my house a few weeks ago and they had one for more than double the price in store...Hell they had an AMD 6800 for like $2899 lol

But Best Buy seems to be sticking to the suggested pricing, like this one:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia...rd-titanium-and-black/6429440.p?skuId=6429440 $699 for the 3080 and it specifically lists it as Limited and In Store Only.

Gone be crazy at some of their stores in the morning, but atleast they're regular price

kiphalfton

Looking at their websites listings it appears they're one of the few retailers selling them for the suggested retail prices which would be a huge win for anyone that snatches one up. I got my 3090 for $1499 at launch luckily, but I was in the Microcenter close to my house a few weeks ago and they had one for more than double the price in store...Hell they had an AMD 6800 for like $2899 lol

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia...rd-titanium-and-black/6429440.p?skuId=6429440 $699 for the 3080 and it specifically lists it as Limited and In Store Only.

Gone be crazy at some of their stores in the morning, but atleast they're regular price

I was at chipotle last week or the week before, when they had b1g1, and the scene was tense whenever somebody cut in line. I can only imagine somebody would die if they cut in line to get a graphics card.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
they had some recently and the line started at 11PM the night before lol.

iirc, they had 50 per store and they had run out by 1AM.

If it's the 3080 Ti, I would suggest passing. Stupid Nvidia charging an arm and leg for barely any improvement over the 3080.

You know what just 2 days ago a prebuilt gaming PC came up for sale with a Ryzen 9 and 3080Ti and I was like FUCK If I waited 2 more days I could have had that spec.
Then went to google and youtube and found the 3080Ti to not be that far ahead in terms of games so I'm happy with my 3080.
Helps that I'm gaming in 1440p @ 144Hz instead of 4K.

Though I do think the Ryzen 9 would've been a decent upgrade over the i7 that I currently have. So I do still somewhat feel buyers remorse 😂

I'm still pissed I overpaid by 300 for my 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra. I could have the 3090... wtf.. I couldn't believe so many people were in line for 3090 the first time and even 2nd time I tried... FML. I wanted that extreme Vram... I hope I can get the top 4xxx next round.

I mean, I can't complain too much. But I wanted the full fucking Suit.

SlimySnake

50 people at my store already.

Apparently they have around 300 GPUs. I am guessing 3080s and 3080 Tis will go first.

I don't think Nvidia allows retailers they partner with to sell their GPUs above MSRP.

supernova8

Banned
I can imagine a load of ticket-tout type dudes around the corner hassling people to get them to sell their GPU to them ("my daughter really wants it for her birthday")

no way whatever GIF

Night Of The Living Dead Horror GIF by filmeditor

Graciaus

Two near me 30 miles and 100 miles away. Probably already a line and sold out. I just want to build a new PC not even sell the damn thing.

SlimySnake

Apparently bestbuy employees kept some 3080s for themselves. All the other cards were even numbers like 50 or 40 but their 3080 stock was just 33....

kiphalfton

You know what just 2 days ago a prebuilt gaming PC came up for sale with a Ryzen 9 and 3080Ti and I was like FUCK If I waited 2 more days I could have had that spec.
Then went to google and youtube and found the 3080Ti to not be that far ahead in terms of games so I'm happy with my 3080.
Helps that I'm gaming in 1440p @ 144Hz instead of 4K.

Though I do think the Ryzen 9 would've been a decent upgrade over the i7 that I currently have. So I do still somewhat feel buyers remorse 😂
Paying a huge premium for 2GB of VRAM essentially. At least with the 3090, it has a substantial amount more VRAM so for the price difference it doesn't feel like you're getting railed quite as hard.

AJUMP23

I have a guy at my church that works for Nvidia and I asked him if he could get me a 1080, we both just laughed.

Sgt.Asher

I got a 3090 "reserved". The semi hasn't arrived with stock yet. thankfully i was in one of the smaller locations, and i arrived before work.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I probably would have tried this if there was a Best Buy within 100 miles of me. Hopefully this means that more stock is coming... eventually.

I've still got an AMD RX580 from 2017. It's a bit long in the tooth these days when I try to run games with half-decent settings at 3440x1440 ultrawide. Occasionally some games work great (Scarlet Nexus has run extremely well on my PC) but others just choke.

GloveSlap

I wanted to wait for one, but it would have been a 45 min drive just to check out the line and the same drive back on next to no sleep.

I'll keep trying the Newegg shuffle, but Nvidia needs to crack down on those BS bundles. Nvidia might as well scalp them themselves if they are going to let retailers do it.

Most of the partner card prices are a joke as well. Most are way more expensive while barely being any better than the FE cards.

Sgt.Asher

I wanted to wait for one, but it would have been a 45 min drive just to check out the line and the same drive back on next to no sleep.

I'll keep trying the Newegg shuffle, but Nvidia needs to crack down on those BS bundles. Nvidia might as well scalp them themselves if they are going to let retailers do it.

Most of the partner card prices are a joke as well. Most are way more expensive while barely being any better than the FE cards.
Whaaat? You're tellimg me you don't want a new motherboard in a chipset you don't have

Buggy Loop

Update: The guy right in front of me got the last 3080, but it's all good. I came home with a 3080 Ti. My search is over.

It’s an amazing card. Playing Metro Exodus EE at ultrawide 1440p at 120 fps on ultra settings with all RTs was so good for the eyes. I don’t care the MSRP « premium » over a 3080 when 1) 3080 don’t fucking releases in Canada, so MSRP comparison is not valid, 2) it’s 11~14% faster, as of now. Should increase even more in future when games start to stress them. 3) you get whatever you can get your hands on basically..

GloveSlap

Whaaat? You're tellimg me you don't want a new motherboard in a chipset you don't have
Hah. I actually "won" one last week that included a $200 board that i could use but didn't need. $920 total for a mediocre Gigabyte 3070....

Decided against it. If i'm paying that kinda money i'm getting a 3080.

HoofHearted

I might would've tried for one if they hadn't picked the two weirdest locations in my state - and neither within 60+ miles of my location..

Phase

It’s an amazing card. Playing Metro Exodus EE at ultrawide 1440p at 120 fps on ultra settings with all RTs was so good for the eyes. I don’t care the MSRP « premium » over a 3080 when 1) 3080 don’t fucking releases in Canada, so MSRP comparison is not valid, 2) it’s 11~14% faster, as of now. Should increase even more in future when games start to stress them. 3) you get whatever you can get your hands on basically..
I've tried a few games today and it's wonderful so far, a great upgrade from my 1070. I figured it was worth the price as I just didn't want to spend any more time on getting one. I, too, have an UW so I can't wait until I play more releases in the future to really push the card. Can't wait for Stalker 2.

Last edited:

twilo99

I wouldn't go for the 3070ti.. had it for a few weeks and not impressed at all. 3060ti, 3080, or 6800xt

Sentenza

Quick question. I found a (follow copy past)

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G TRI FROZR 2​

on sale at its nominal price.

Does this model have any notorious issue or some bullshit of that sort?

Also, given that when I built my PC in autumn I was planning to get just a 3080 and my Power Supply is a modest 750w (but platinum-rating BeQuiet) I'm shit out of luck or could I sustain it?
The CPU is a Ryzen 5800X for reference.

I'm tempted to make the insane jump.

Top Bottom