• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont in GoT) Cast as Ellie in HBO's The Last of Us

Javthusiast

Banned
Don't know about Ramsey, since all I saw of her was the Mormont role, and she had some cool one liners and that's all, but Pedro is a good choice. Was great in GoT and Narcos.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Unfortunately Ellen Page doesn't exist anymore.

Maybe if Ellie becomes trans in TLoU3 Elliot would be available.
Not to mention Ellen Page has started to lose her very young looks some time before the sex change. Playing a teen while being a 33+ year old would be a big stretch.

Aggelos

'Last of Us': 'Game of Thrones' Breakout Bella Ramsey to Star as Ellie (Exclusive) | Hollywood Reporter

Rffb305df5c214ca000393b4714624300

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

skneogaf

Bad choice for her and the studio.

She was good in game of thrones but we all liked Ellie as she was a sweet 14 year old girl that had a bit of fight in her but I just don't see it this actress.

Its very difficult to cast from video games as we already know what the person looks and sounds like whereas a book is our imagination.

MrSec84

Bella Ramsey really doesn't seem right, for me Kaitlyn Dever is Ellie on the big or small screen.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is such a great likeness for Joel too.

Pedro Pascal also made some very controversial tweets, I don't think he would work in the role for Joel either, but this is pretty bad:

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Well, is there an easier project? The music and writing is all done and basically copying the VG environments is sort of dime a dozen today. If the actors can pull it off, kudos but they are the only X factor in this whole production.

Bogey

Banned
Oh boy.

I wish they had hired someone with with, y'know.. any form of discernable acting talent instead. I guess they weren't left with any budget after hiring Pedro Pascal anymore.

With her mouth closed...still off but with visible teeth she looks like a chipmunk, not even close to Ellie. This is one thing I hate about Hollywood. They always go for actors that are currently on a high for new roles instead of going for an actor that is not only good but actually looks the part. Pedro is good actor...kinda has some looks I guess but he is tiny, at least in all roles he cant get that mexican accent off. I highly doubt he will pull of an american farmer accent. Was it that difficult to hire someone like this that is A: an awesome actor and B: looks the part? :

Nikolaj Coster

nikolaj-coster-waldau-i-tusen-ganger-god-natt-e1414066407266.jpg

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Would've been great to have Ellen Paige when she was still young. She would've been perfect. Bella doesn't seem a bad choice. She was solid in the last 2 seasons of GoT. I only played the first game, and wasn't all that hyped on it (I know. I'm weird). I do know that the story could be compelling though. However, the post-apocalyptic zombie genre is so heavily-saturated right now, that I don't know if throwing another log in this fire is gonna do anything. However, having HBO involved does bode well. At the very least, it shouldn't suck, which feels like a win.

I love how some put pictures of actors that look like Ellie/Joel and say thats a much better fit. How the fck would you know, for you its only based on the looks.
I think they want new audience (not only gamers) and a lot of people (of that new HBO audience) wont even know who Joel/Ellie is. In the end its all about good acting, being able to deliver on that part.
Well if they aren't going to try and stay faithful to the source material, why bother??

Why not just make your own original fungus zombie HBO show? WTF is the point of trying to cynically cash in on the TLOU name?

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
interesting. what kind of excuses people will find to justify the bombing of this tv series?

what a totally shite cast for Ellie. it was not possible to cast worst than this.
I didnt know your from the future and already watched the show, btw who won the Stanley cup in 2023? Is Toronto still an embarrassment? Did Big Dick Dubois resign with the jets? Is Mcgregor still on cocaine?

Termite

I'm not concerned with this at all. Firstly, I think Pascal is decent casting, and I'd keep my mind open for Ramsey as Ellie.

But I won't be watching anyway. Why watch an interpretation of something I've already seen? Unlike most games, TLoU was already fully acted out. There are no "gaps" to fill in here like with other game adaptations. It was a full, well paced, well written, brilliantly acted story. I don't need to see another, non-interactive take on it.

Javthusiast

Banned
Bad choice for her and the studio.

She was good in game of thrones but we all liked Ellie as she was a sweet 14 year old girl that had a bit of fight in her but I just don't see it this actress.

Its very difficult to cast from video games as we already know what the person looks and sounds like whereas a book is our imagination.

Until we see footage you can't know whether she can pull it off or not. She must have done something right to be cast.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned
With her mouth closed...still off but with visible teeth she looks like a chipmunk, not even close to Ellie. This is one thing I hate about Hollywood. They always go for actors that are currently on a high for new roles instead of going for an actor that is not only good but actually looks the part. Pedro is good actor...kinda has some looks I guess but he is tiny, at least in all roles he cant get that mexican accent off. I highly doubt he will pull of an american farmer accent. Was it that difficult to hire someone like this that is A: an awesome actor and B: looks the part? :

Nikolaj Coster

nikolaj-coster-waldau-i-tusen-ganger-god-natt-e1414066407266.jpg
no cares for that when the Pedro guy comes in? did you knew that Pedro is best Duckman's boyfriend? Pedro is leftist, supports trans movement and community and supports progressive thinking and so on. no one will cancel even if you are making offensive tweet, not like Gina Carano.

Until we see footage you can't know whether she can pull it off or not. She must have done something right to be cast.
I see people freaking out for some casting choices before they get a chance to see how the role is handled at all... This is pretty bad (and not limited to video games movies)... and well, the girl is a kid, which is pretty much what you would want if they are to retell the first movie.

You can't get Kate Mara or Jennifer Lawrence to play all the female leads!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Bella Ramsey is a badass choice. She absolutely crushed it as a badass young lady in GoT. Ya'll are CRAZY for saying she is bad. She has the right attitude.

Top Bottom