• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont in GoT) Cast as Ellie in HBO's The Last of Us

AREYOUOKAY?

I want to laugh, but then I realize I'd be laughing along idiot soyboys who ban anyone who imply their idiot leaf-collecting minigame for furries is somehow superior.
What is with this site and posters never learning from their previous ban lessons?

tumblr_mqihy4NA9z1s5cf9lo4_1280.png

Last edited:
It’s like someone put ellie in a microwave let it crisp.
And this new actress is what you get.

she better be extra gay or i will go to twitters
What is this?
Horrible casting so far for both Joel and Elie. Lol
How so exactly? Who do you think should be cast? It's all about the acting abilities of these two and given they both had to audition for the roles, I say they'll do just fine.

AREYOUOKAY?

Most gamers have no clue about casting or acting or anything like that. This just reminds me when kids was like "derrr we funa have Leo play trunks doe cuh!"

7403de2ddb609d4a096f4a38e65b561de7c7cb7c_hq.jpg

It all just sounds very fucking fanfiction..... I'm fine with who they casted as their acting ability comes first, not fanfiction wishes.
I mean fans just want their favorite characters to look and act accurate as possible to the property they come from. If they can achieve both of those at the same time then great.

EDqu-ujW4AA1y_c.jpg

When a game commercial does a better job than a movie at portraying a character you know they messed up.

However I don't think anyone or anything could have saved the KOF movie so I can't put the blame on the Deadpool 2 director for his role as Terry.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I haven't seen Game of Thrones or other shows she has been in so I can't comment on her acting.
she is a great actress. i wasn't shitting on that lol. my comment was just a joke anyway so whatever.

the more i think of it i think she will be great. sure she isn't what we expected but i'll wait and see how the show is before judging it.

yurinka

Shocking considering Ana is a hot woman. I thought they were going to cast Ice-T or Ru Paul as Tess.

Neil Druckmann is a game developer: his background is being a game designer and director. He knows how to make games.
Reggie is an executive: his background is being a salesman and marketing. He knows how to do PR stunts and marketing to sell products.

Last edited:

Adam_802

Does anyone actually want this? Not the casting, but I mean the entire idea. Who actually wants a live action LOU movie/show? Its gonna suck like all the other VG movies lol.

Last edited:

chaseroni

This is a very odd display of some kind of bitterness lol what the fuck are you even talking about?
Thats the only person I've ever muted on this site..he just shows up and talks like that in any thread where there isn't VR talk.
100% the most bitter person I've seen on a gaming forum lmao

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Shocking considering Ana is a hot woman. I thought they were going to cast Ice-T or Ru Paul as Tess.

Neil Druckmann is a game developer: his background is being a game designer and director. He knows how to make games.
Reggie is an executive: his background is being a salesman and marketing. He knows how to do PR stunts and marketing to sell products.
Reggie is a pretty good guy. Druckmann is a piece of shit.

checkcola

She had a pretty easy role in Game of Thrones, but did well in it, an definitely made an impression. I can take or leave the Joel casting and I hate everything Abby stands for, but if I were to watch this, I'd be interested in seeing the Ellie adaption.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Did they just hire this kid because she had a cool cameo on GoT? yeah, this show is not gonna be very good.
she's been in more than GoT. it's the biggest show she's been in yeah but cmon. i liked her in His Dark Materials even if it was a small roll. she has been in a couple other tv shows which are good.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Its an HBO show. It will be watched on HBO.

again...yes HBO are involved but it's a Sony production. which means they are the ones making it.

If casting reactions on the internet have taught me anything over the years, nerds don't understand casting. Willing to see how it goes.

checkcola

Does anyone actually want this? Not the casting, but I mean the entire idea. Who actually wants a live action LOU movie/show? Its gonna suck like all the other VG movies lol.

Movies/tv shows/cartoons adapted to video games... video games adapted to movies/tv shows. Its a wheel. Trying to find ways to grow a brand. And remembering how Witcher on Netflix helped the sells of Witcher 3. HBO is also known for its quality in production. I am sure the show will look amazing.

Gediminas

Banned
interesting. what kind of excuses people will find to justify the bombing of this tv series?

what a totally shite cast for Ellie. it was not possible to cast worst than this.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Honey pot for idiots and racists. Probably saving GAF from themselves by locking it and moving on.
C'mon, both threads have a fair share of low effort / meme / racial posts. And only one of them gets locked (not to mention without any warnings). So either close both or merge them into one about the casting announcements.

Top Bottom