• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Behaviour removes Dead by Daylight cosmetics following racist harassment

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
There was probably a grand total of 2 reports about this. But the kinds of people that bitch about this are the people that don't shut up until they get their way.
Or maybe it was a lot of complaints?

Or maybe even if it was a few complaints, the developer still wanted to remove it, it's their game... they can modify it if they want, if they didn't like what was happening and thought this could help.

Life moves on... did anyone in this thread even play the game w/ these masks? Why do people care so much?

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
So the solution is only to have white characters in games? Gotcha.

I'm surprised these people didn't complain about the black merchant in BOTW...

Why do people care so much?
This can be asked of both sides of the argument, rendering discussion useless. These problems seem to be sprouting more as years go by. It’s going to be important for everyone to find a way to come together and talk about it constructively without devolving into an “Us vs Them” style debate. It would be nice, from the consumer side, to see the data on the complaints instead of being told that “there were enough.” Everyone also needs to realize how ridiculous the discussion of harassment is considering the game is about murdering innocents.

Personally, I don’t think content should be taking away because of a few assholes. Punish the player, not the community. This example also allows even bigger assholes to determine what can and can’t be in a game. I don’t think that’s okay.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Personally, I don’t think content should be taking away because of a few assholes. Punish the player, not the community. This example also allows even bigger assholes to determine what can and can’t be in a game. I don’t think that’s okay.

The people determining what's in the game are the developer though; you are making an assumption here that people even specifically asked for the removal of the item. They said people shared experiences; maybe they asked for it's removal, maybe they didn't? Either way it's the dev's choice.. not the players.

It's the removal of a small amount of content, and anyone who earned / bought that content is being reimbursed. I also think calling that a "punishment" is a bit much.

I can't really relate to filing such a complaint, or caring that much about the removal. I'm not here to bash either side either; I just find it kind of ironic to make such a big deal about people complaining.

Chiggs

I will never not laugh at this fucking absurdity. China will mop the floor with this utterly idiotic country.

MiladyConfetti is a Black streamer and a member of the Dead By Daylight partner program. She described the skin as “horrific” and originally thought the game was glitching as she didn’t believe a skin like that — one that involved a white man wearing the skin of a Black woman in a literal case of blackface — could exist.

Last edited:
The people determining what's in the game are the developer though; you are making an assumption here that people even specifically asked for the removal of the item. They said people shared experiences; maybe they asked for it's removal, maybe they didn't? Either way it's the dev's choice.. not the players.

It's the removal of a small amount of content, and anyone who earned / bought that content is being reimbursed. I also think calling that a "punishment" is a bit much.

I can't really relate to filing such a complaint, or caring that much about the removal. I'm not here to bash either side either; I just find it kind of ironic to make such a big deal about people complaining.
The developers put the skin in the game in the first place. That was what they wanted. They removed it after complaints. Saying that the developers wanted it gone isn’t true in this instance.

It’s a big deal because if they removed it because of complaints, other things could also be removed because select people want it to be that way. It’s not a new concept. It’s one that’s been abused before in video games and other mediums. Hence, why I said that the dead by daylight community should see the data on the complaints so we can all get the whole picture.

BigBooper

What's hard to understand about people mocking bad decisions?

Top Bottom