• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beautiful Desolation - Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch the launch trailer for a look at what to expect in this upcoming sci-fi adventure game, Beautiful Desolation, available on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 on May 28, 2021. The game is also available now on PC.

In Beautiful Desolation, you are flung into a futuristic, alternate-reality South Africa landscape dominated by advanced alien technology that's both revered and reviled. Explore, solve puzzles, make key dialogue choices and be prepared to face tough decisions in a sci-fi setting featuring locations from thriving African sci-fi villages to crumbling tropical cities, mutated forests, and bone-dry ocean beds.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I wanna support this. A two man team from South Africa put their heart and soul into a RTWP-style game, very detailed, culturally distinct... yeah they deserve some real love

Last edited:

Stuart360

I wanna support this. A two man team from South Africa put their heart and soul into a RTWP-style game, very detailed, culturally distinct... yeah they deserve some real love
They also kiiled their own game on Steam by lying about piracy being the cause for low launch sales with '50k illegal torret downloads', but people checked the public trackers and found less than 1000 people had torrented the game.
The devs then had to retract what they said, and apologize for lying. They never recoverd on Steam.

Tschumi

They also kiiled their own game on Steam by lying about piracy being the cause for low launch sales with '50k illegal torret downloads', but people checked the public trackers and found less than 1000 people had torrented the game.
The devs then had to retract what they said, and apologize for lying. They never recoverd on Steam.
I dunno about all that.. it's still an amazing body of work for two people, and it rather seems to me that this game will also have to fight tooth and nail to net customers, so yeah i just wish them all the best this time around

Stuart360

I dunno about all that.. it's still an amazing body of work for two people, and it rather seems to me that this game will also have to fight tooth and nail to net customers, so yeah i just wish them all the best this time around
The game looks alright, and Stasis was really good, but you dont start lying about stuff like piracy, especially when your game was paid for in full on Kickstarter in the first place!.

Freeman76

Not to mention the looseness of accusations regarding the number of torrents, there is no way they can accurately pinpoint how many were downloaded on either side. People just believe whatever they want to these days.

Stuart360

Not to mention the looseness of accusations regarding the number of torrents, there is no way they can accurately pinpoint how many were downloaded on either side. People just believe whatever they want to these days.
Actually torrents can be tracked. Thats why they say to always use a VPN if you are going to torrent. And the most popular public trackers can track downloads to the tee.
The point is the devs retracted what they said and apologized for lying when people challenged them over the 50k thing. That tells you all you need to know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom