• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beautiful Desolation 2020 Trailer - New isometric adventure game from STASIS dev.

BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION is a 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future. Explore a post-apocalyptic landscape, solve puzzles, meet new friends and make powerful enemies, mediate conflicts and fight for your life as you unravel the secrets of the world around you.

FEATURING
  • A story-driven adventure set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future.
  • A unique tribal punk aesthetic and 2D isometric rendered environments.
  • Puzzles and classic adventure gameplay.
  • Bizarre creatures, animals and vibrant characters await.

Awesome new trailer from The Brotherhood for their upcoming game: Beautiful Desolation. The amount of thought and attention to detail they put into crafting this world jumps out immediately. Check out this story trailer if you're curious about the game's premise. The game is in the final phase of testing, where KS backers are getting their codes to play, so it should be out soon. They're aiming for late February.
These extra two months grace from our planned release date has resulted in a huge amount of additional content and polish. We know it will be well worth it! Thank you for your patience.

We are aiming for an end of February launch (isn't that exciting?!), although this entirely depends on any show-stopping bugs that may pop up. Rest assured though, we've already had our internal testers complete the game - and are personally testing it to the limits in studio.

Here's hoping the game comes out and is as good as it looks.

Last edited:
It looks super cool. Still haven't played Stasis, though - I should fix that.

Definitely do it. Should be pretty cheap nowadays. Got my copy off GOG years ago. In terms of puzzle complexity it's not gonna go toe-to-toe with say the more challenging Sierra or LucasArts point'n'clicks from the golden era, but there are a couple of pretty taxing puzzles (one in particular in the last third of the game).

Really though it's fun simply because it nails the scifi/horror vibe. Tons of Event Horizon vibes in particular. I literally just remembered about this other game of theirs thanks to stumbling on the thread lol; picking up BD Day 1 on GOG (y)

Stasis might be the most darkest and depressing video games I've ever seen. It is really fucked up.

Yep, don't want to spoil anything for people new to it but by the end you feel SUUUPPER bad for the main character. Actually kinda surprised me they took the route they did with some of those big events. Hoping BD can deliver just as much type of stuff (even if it's not scifi/horror) if not even more.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Definitely do it. Should be pretty cheap nowadays. Got my copy off GOG years ago. In terms of puzzle complexity it's not gonna go toe-to-toe with say the more challenging Sierra or LucasArts point'n'clicks from the golden era, but there are a couple of pretty taxing puzzles (one in particular in the last third of the game).

Really though it's fun simply because it nails the scifi/horror vibe. Tons of Event Horizon vibes in particular. I literally just remembered about this other game of theirs thanks to stumbling on the thread lol; picking up BD Day 1 on GOG (y)

Yep, don't want to spoil anything for people new to it but by the end you feel SUUUPPER bad for the main character. Actually kinda surprised me they took the route they did with some of those big events. Hoping BD can deliver just as much type of stuff (even if it's not scifi/horror) if not even more.

Yep, I bought it years ago on GOG - just never got around to playing it. Aesthetically, though, it looks awesome. I hope it's not as obtuse as old-school PnC games tend to be, but I suspect I'll be fine.

Yep, I bought it years ago on GOG - just never got around to playing it. Aesthetically, though, it looks awesome. I hope it's not as obtuse as old-school PnC games tend to be, but I suspect I'll be fine.

No need to worry about that; the puzzles are pretty streamlined, your inventory doesn't bloat up with a bunch of unimportant items, and generally all puzzle solutions are either within the same room or just an adjacent screen or two.

They also give a decent amount of cues (visual, audio, text) that guide you along.

The Brotherhood Confirms Beautiful Desolation for February 26 release - PCInvasion.
The Brotherhood announcement
Beautiful Desolation is a non-linear 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future. Its gameplay will see players solve puzzles, build up a team consisting of various allies, and explore a long-destroyed, post-apocalyptic world. Also, Beautiful Desolation is a narrative-driven game with a unique “tribal punk” aesthetic design. The perspective and design are both primarily inspired by the classic Fallout titles released in the late 1990s.

When you consider that The Brotherhood consists of just two developers, producing a game of Beautiful Desolation’s scale is seriously impressive. Outside of necessary contracting, only Chris and his brother Nic are responsible for the end product’s gameplay.

Even so, don’t go thinking that no big names were involved in this project. The Brotherhood managed to get Mick Gordon on board to compose Beautiful Desolation’s soundtrack. Mick Gordon is a well-established composer who has been involved with titles like Killer Instinct, Need for Speed, and DOOM. He has won many awards for DOOM specifically, including Best Music/Sound Design at The Game Awards 2016.

Right now you still can’t pre-order Beautiful Desolation, but you can add it to either your Steam or GOG wishlist. While the pricing isn’t viewable on either platform right now, Chris Bischoff has confirmed the adventure game will be available on launch for $19.99.

Top Bottom