• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Be honest, would you buy a new Simpsons game?

Would you buy a new Simpsons(EA) game?

• Yes even if its generic like the Simpsons Game

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Yeah I am a sucker for the simpsons

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Only if its more like the Simpsons Hit and Run

Votes: 27 18.9%
  • Nopers

Votes: 66 46.2%
  • Depends...

Votes: 23 16.1%

• Total voters
Moving The Simpsons GIF

SCB3

I enjoyed the EA one on 360/PS3, still have it and thought it was really well done

Then again hit and Run is also really good, I would take another one of them or even a good remake/remaster of it

Saber

Gold Member
Err...I feel like the OP didn't explain much or give reasons for discussion.

Well, for me I did played little of Simpsons games. The only one that I played and really liked was the Arcade beat-up. If its a good and fun game, sure. Simpsons has a lot of characters people remembers, so it shouldn't be difficult to take advantage of this. Problem would the writers though.

Hire some of the people who did the South Park games to make this happen and I’ll even preorder it.

That would be an interesting idea. South Park did look excellent that way and made use of it's characters.

LordOfChaos

The Simpsons have been dead for a long time, another show with the same characters and name has been running for almost as long though. What would there even be to buy, the good writers are gone.

I mean, I guess if Conan has some free time now...

abcdrstuv

Banned
A good one.. it and Futurama have a ton of potential if done well.. a strong tone, a ton of characters, locations, whatever. The South Park games are a good model, although they’re very modest in size and depth but big in detail and polish.

carlosrox

Banned
Definitely depends.

Simpsons Arcade, Hit and Run, and a couple others are cool.

I would like Bart and Homer in Smash Bros, not even kidding.

Vagswarm

I could see it working as an RPG -- there's a lot of familar characters. Of course it would have to be good. I imagine Bart would be the main character, since everyone hates him.

Griffon

The Simpsons never made good sense for game adaptations. If anything, it would be a detriment to whatever game you'd think off.

engstra

The Simpsons is the greatest TV show ever made so I'll never give up on it. I'm still watching the show and while it has gotten really bad it's still the Simpsons. With that logic I don't see why they couldn't make a great game with the right people and writing.

jigglet

Banned
Yes without hesitation as long as the gameplay was good and based on Seasons 1-9.

I would like:
  • Cel shading. I still can't believe Hit and Run wasn't cel shaded.
  • Either open world like Hit and Run or a story driven RPG like the South Park games.
Not interested in a beat-em-up like the originals or a Telltale-style click and play game.

Also don't attempt to create new stories. Just retell the stories from Season 1-9 in interactive form. I'm not interested in the bad writing we know of today, and I'm also not interested in a Simpsons game based in a modern day 2021 context. Keep it 90's, keep it pure.

Last edited:

Gloomnivore

It’s weird that I don’t even feel any nostalgia for The Simpson’s today. It was such a huge part of life but they carried on with it until it became something to resent the existence of.

Whenever I see Homer now I’m just reminded of being bored.

PensivePangolin

Neo Member
I would definitly buy a modernized "Hit and Run" sequel/remake. One of my first PC games, though I never beat it (I was really bad at games). A single big map of Springfield and more minigames spread around using all the kooky characters, sorta like GTA V, it could be a lot of fun.

Actually that reminds me, I think I saw where someone modded "Hit and Run" to connect all the maps. I wonder if I would need to go find the old CDs at folks house to play it, or if EA has let it be put on abandonware sites.

Top Bottom