• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Be grateful for GAF's gaming discussion because the amount of trash gaming communities in other sites like Reddit is appalling.

The Fartist

Gold Member
bird up GIF by The Eric Andre Show

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Reddit is a nest for attention whores.

I mostly lurk on reddit. The place is not that good as having a different opinion ends up getting you downvoted to oblivion.
Totally. It's impossible to have a discussion when the hivemind can downvote you and send your post right into hell.

ps: I still check from time to time the megaten subreddit. Those people are nice. :')

Last edited:
Just look at this trash post on the r/PS5 subreddit and it's literally on the front page with "thread awards" given to it:

Be grateful we still have GAF as a forum instead of being forced to participate with these other trashbin communities out there on the internet.

Season 5 Yes GIF by CBS All Access

(though I do think "thread quality" has declined somewhat recently, this is still way better than reddit. By far.)

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
(though I do think "thread quality" has declined somewhat recently, this is still way better than reddit. By far.)
No games coming out, Cyberpunk launch sucked and people can't even get their hands on new consoles or pc parts.

Better times will come my fella, we are all gonna make it.

junguler

Banned
retards are on every forum and gaf is no exception, but the thing with reddit and ree is they get attention/rewarded for their stupid takes and here we usually ignore them if we can help it.
reddit has it's uses tho, i have had many computer related question asked there and got amazing answers that fixed my problems, the point is not going where the majority of the users are kids and/or stupid.

This place is better than resetera full of its tankie men in dresses and reddits social justice bullshit with its mods who cull the queue of anything not posted by their friends or from sites that politically align with them. Who cares if there are bad things about this place? It's better than being caught in a purity spiral like resetera or somethingawful or being flooded with NPCs who only read top comments for updoots.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
You're usually doing your best to turn GAF into reddit so it's nice to see you post this, maybe a new year's resolution for you to be better. Fingers crossed. Hugs :)

Edit: btw, doesn't reddit tailor content based on whatever crap you do and isn't it up to you to show stuff by upvotes or chronologically?

If I go to reddit.com it shows literally nothing to me, says I don't follow any topics or whatever and if I want a topic I add /new in the url.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Grateful? Go to the Gun Gal thread and look at all the users calling people who enjoy anime or the insane anime games fucking pedophiles. I've never thought so little of so many people judging others the way they are in there. It's gross, and probably time to lock that thread.

Grateful? Go to the Gun Gal thread and look at all the users calling people who enjoy anime or the insane anime games fucking pedophiles. I've never thought so little of so many people judging others the way they are in there. It's gross, and probably time to lock that thread.
That's genuinely disappointing to hear.

Lots of boomers on GAF, unfortunately.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Reddit has its uses, especially more specific subreddits. Not a fan of how some of the bigger subs are moderated and in bed with big corporate, though. GAF is golden for general gaming news and discussion since you'll get feedback in a melting pot of many perspectives. We're independent and neutral.

tillbot8

Banned
Meh, the internet has always been a den of cunts. The instant gratification and attention seeking just has a quicker pay off online. You just wade through the shit to find the gems. It's forever been like this.

This site is just as bad. If anything, anything at all gets down attention or love for MS either console or games, it becomes Sony pony show. Harder to come here these days just to even check gaming news.

Maybe it's because you want Gaf to be like this?

I mean if Xbox fans don't contribute here then the forum becomes one sided. It's up to them to balance things out by participating.

Hiding from the other forum members won't accomplish anything here. And you shouldn't be afraid of other members since it's up to the admins to decide how people are dealt with here.

Now if you just don't like people who have different preferences than you do then that's an issue that you have.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I found that Reddit declined so much that I find it horrible to use without filtering out a lot of things. Big subs in general are rarely worth your time, but luckily there's often replacements for bigger ones that favour quality over quantity. An example being /r/pics being a mess of sob stories and pets, but there's /r/pic and /r/nocontextpics that don't allow the bullshit.

I never found a good gaming replacement sub that isn't just memes, gifs, and other shit and I don't need to look for one with GAF being better than anything because of the mix of news and discussion. There's also the broken up/downvote system. Has its uses, but also many drawbacks.

Maybe it's better than Reddit (deleted the app this year) but imo the Gaming section has gotten worse. Still so many immature people keeping the console wars alive here that will die by the console sword. Let's not also forget the 100's of repetitive threads on Halo Infinite, TLOU2, and Cyberpunk all trying to beat a dead horse. I do like the idea of "worst of gaming reddit" thread through lol

PhoenixTank

Reddit has its uses, especially more specific subreddits. Not a fan of how some of the bigger subs are moderated and in bed with big corporate, though. GAF is golden for general gaming news and discussion since you'll get feedback in a melting pot of many perspectives. We're independent and neutral.
Definitely a correlation between how big a subreddit is and the usually diminishing quality of posts/discussion. Not to mention how likely the mods will go on a power trip.

Try some smaller subs MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima - /r/GirlsGoneKojima perhaps.

Top Bottom