• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonneta 3 | Review Thread

ssringo

Anyway.....thanks for convincing me to buy this game.

manly GIF
Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I do have problem, but with ethic. People should be warned from the start, before even clicking in the link, that the review contains A LOAD OF SPOILERS.

IMO, the Polygon reviewer hate the ending of this game, so he write spoiler after spoiler in bad faith. Just looking by his behavior on Twitter is the proof.

Honestly, I just skimmed the beginning and the end of the review so I didn't see any spoilers. But you are absolutely right. That's bullshit. It is obviously an attempt to spoil the game so people won't buy it as it doesn't fit their agenda. Just sad.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Did that self righteous thot spoil the ending for everyone because her regressive head cannon did not line up to her boujee victimhood's hopes and dreams?
Pretty much.

Luckily the story isn't really the focus of these games. There is more focus on stuff like the lore entries in the menus. Descriptions of heaven / hell and all enemies etc. Nobody really cares who she dates.

Saber

Gold Member
Did that self righteous thot spoil the ending for everyone because her regressive head cannon did not line up to her boujee victimhood's hopes and dreams?

Yup. He probably thinks he is above everyone else and has enought power to spoil without being crucify by that.
Which makes sense, judging that some just agree with him without even bother to be spoiled. This is the exact type of people who doesn't play games.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve heard there’s performance issues, so I’m interested in seeing what DF says.

My gut tells me this should’ve been saved for Switch 2.

Onironauta

This is not going to be a popular take here, but if Platinum had to be bought by someone, I would rather it be Nintendo. It's where they seem to be doing some of their best work, and I am not convinced that they have the resources to fully take advantage of state of the art hardware.
Nintendo is the only one who wouldn't ruin their games with woke shit, let's be honest

Majukun

On this game or botw2 hangs my decision to buy or not a switch.
Reviews look good but so did bayo 2"s ones, so I still don't know how much I can trust them... Maybe I'll try waiting for the opinion of soneone with a proven track record with the genre...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I LOVED both Bayonetta 1&2, it’s one of those games which I don’t exactly need reviews to tell if this game is worth playing or not.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
This is not going to be a popular take here, but if Platinum had to be bought by someone, I would rather it be Nintendo. It's where they seem to be doing some of their best work, and I am not convinced that they have the resources to fully take advantage of state of the art hardware.
They would be working on a lot, lot, lot more powerful hardware very soon even if what you want happens.

On topic, phenomenal reviews. The game looks so much fun and I love the visuals at 60fps to boot.

Topher

Gold Member
So.....about the dipshit at Polygon who is attributing the review scores to straight men....

Review: Bayonetta 3 is a Lovely Moonlight Serenade
Score: 9/10
YOiWKsh.png

Bayonetta 3 Review - Wouldst Thou Like To Live Deliciously?
Score: 8/10

tJ0rseg.png

Bayonetta 3 review: Magical Multiverse

eFaopo4.png

Bayonetta 3 Review - Real Hot Girls Hit

yhOdHqw.png

The two lowest scores on metacritic are from men. I know that really doesn't count since we don't know their sexual orientation (/s), but the non-males have spoken. I wonder how these women feel about Myer's absolutely dismissing their opinions as she did all the "straight males". This is what happens when shallow people speak in shallow generalized terms.

/rant

Power Pro

Jesus christ, I hate myself for having giving polygon a click, but the first SEVEN paragraphs of that review are basically that lunatic whinging that Bayonetta isnt a lesbian.
This shit is getting so far out of hand now.
I didn't read the review, only saw the outrage to the review on here, but I knew it had to be some bull shit like that. I'm glad the developers didn't go that route just to piss off those idiots.

I really think it is just these virtue signaling idiots that are pushing for this shift, and not the lgbt community as a whole. One of my longest and dearest friends is bisexual, and even she is getting fed up with their bull shit, and thinks it makes them look worse.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Jesus christ, I hate myself for having giving polygon a click, but the first SEVEN paragraphs of that review are basically that lunatic whinging that Bayonetta isnt a lesbian.
This shit is getting so far out of hand now.
Is this really true!? If it’s true then those people might as well complain about why Dante is not gay? It was pretty damn obvious from very first game she was not lesbian.

Also since when character being straight has become “negative”!?

I just read the Polygon review. Outside of it being a sad journal entry about how the reviewer's fan fiction is not canon, it shows a much larger issue with overly entitled reviewers: she thinks that she knows the character better than the writers and creators of the character.

This isn't just contained to Bayonetta. It's almost any game these days. People think that they know the character better than the writer, and they are genuinely upset when they obviously do not. Just look at the rabid SH peeps. Some of them legitimately think that one of the original designers of the game is WRONG about his own creation.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I just read the Polygon review. Outside of it being a sad journal entry about how the reviewer's fan fiction is not canon, it shows a much larger issue with overly entitled reviewers: she thinks that she knows the character better than the writers and creators of the character.

This isn't just contained to Bayonetta. It's almost any game these days. People think that they know the character better than the writer, and they are genuinely upset when they obviously do not. Just look at the rabid SH peeps. Some of them legitimately think that one of the original designers of the game is WRONG about his own creation.
Head canon syndrome is a real thing.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Fly me to the Moon.

Moon River.

What does Bayo 3 have? I've been waiting 8 years. Someone tell me it's Blue Moon. They BETTER not have dropped the Moon theme.

Top Bottom