• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonneta 3 | Review Thread

Ceadeus

Looks great.

Don't forget to boycott!
I didn't forget, I've got the ultimate boycott version
NbNOZTV.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lol! People are mad that Bayonetta is straight?!😂
I more surprised of people who thought she was suppose to gay, because there was no indication of that.
Can we acknowledge both? I mean I bought the game Day One and I'm enjoying it quite a bit but the image quality and framerate issues are a bummer.
To me bugs and glitches bothers me much more than image quality. I mean I really enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 but even to this day with all the patches and on more powerful system with big budget still buggy as fuck and some those bugs really can ruin your experience especially the ones that happen in cutscenes.

Seems to just be the opening sextions. The frame rate stays pretty decent from then on, dipping only in high environment taxing areas. It's definetly not a deal breaker but also not quite as smooth as bayo 2 maybe.
I'll let digital foundry do the talking.

I think one of the best looking switch games though, image quality is great and running at 60. Other devs should be ashamed.

It's not a blur fest which is rare for a switch games.
This post is an epic fail

I never played bayonetta 2 and 3, but looking at the gameplay videos on youtube, is it me or the fighting mechanics for bayonetta 3 all over the place? I am coming from playing bayonetta 1. Here is what I noticed:

-Hardly anyone uses witch time, or it is very hard to execute
-witch time doesn't last very long
-The demon slave summoning is over used and gets in the way. Its like "oh ma gawd, lets just smash and kill all the enemies at once"
-no one uses juggles in mid air to execute combos
-no one uses tortures to finish
-godzilla type fights with painfully limited movements and attacks: looks boring as fuck. I mean what the fuck with madama butterfly blowing bubbles with this one boss fight?
-Where are the fucking weapons from bayonetta 1 and 2? Such as the whiplash, katana, durga, etc?!
-Jeanne looks like a hideous drag queen clown with seizure inducing outfit. Not classy and sassy.
-Viola is just stupid. No back story except little hints.

The lumen sages, and father balder (except for this weird alter luka) are missing?! The right eye couldn't be used to kick the homunculus's ass?! Their clan was not affected by any of the events in this game?

The story is just... wtf?!

looks like frustrating game with annoyances coming from veterans who played bayonetta 1

g64u2A2.jpg
Fiv4w0l.jpg
Your spot on about the gameplay. Fighting mechanics feel dumbed down and the demon summoning is just bad game design. There's no skill required to using the Demon, just each of the 4 face buttons does a different, OP attack. I'm pretty disappointed so far.

Keihart

rBSlALC.png

for the drama.

Also, lmao, people complaining about 3 to be "dumbed down" while praising 2 as the coming of christ.
3 leaves 2 on the dust, but 1 was already superior to 2's combat.
3 is an evolution of 1, following the same core mechanics instead of dumbing it down, amazing design job at platinum.

Let me post my own gif and video for the "dumbed down" crowd:
giphy.gif

small sample combo

Last edited:
While I admit I do get a bit disappointed with Nintendo hardware and wish it was more capable, it hasn’t stopped me enjoying the game at all . It’s a proper action game and has reminded me of why I’m such a fan of Platinum Games in the first place. Bayonetta is awesome..

With all the talk of acquisitions these days, if Nintendo was to take part then I think Platinum would be a great addition for them. Imo they could even do some cool spin offs for a Metroid or even a spiritual successor to the Hyrule games.

Hot5pur

Thread is slowly convincing me to get it...
Might drop by walmart tomorrow...they usually have like $10 off new games, makes it a little easier as I'm still not fully on board with the changes.

Can you do this in bayonetta 3? Rather than summoning Godzilla to shit all over the place?

Bayonetta looks like (in bayonetta 3) she is having trouble multi-tasking: dancing to control the beast, giving beast commands to attack with huge lag time (attack commands literally being in a que), dodging enemy attacks and avoiding getting hit, activating witch time.

Last edited:

Can you do this in bayonetta 3? Rather than summoning Godzilla to shit all over the place?

Bayonetta looks like (in bayonetta 3) she is having trouble multi-tasking: dancing to control the beast, giving beast commands to attack with huge lag time (attack commands literally being in a que), dodging enemy attacks and avoiding getting hit, activating witch time.

“Godzilla to shit all over the place “

😂😂😂

Keihart

what-s your argument? you can do that and more with small enemies, the real differences is on the big enemies and you can juggle them to hell and back on 3
I don't know how can you spin queueing summon orders into something bad.

Hayabusa83

Banned
I tried playing this last night. The visuals are so blurry you cannot see anything on the screen. Tell me this plays significantly better in docked mode?

Keihart

I tried playing this last night. The visuals are so blurry you cannot see anything on the screen. Tell me this plays significantly better in docked mode?
i've only played docked, while res and texture res is low most of the time i dont find it blurry.
If your problem is resulotion or the textures i think you are screwed.

Top Bottom