• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 3 Has An Optional Censorship Mode

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah. It still feels weird though. It has a wide spectrum of games.
Maybe you missed these games back then....
51I-FIps-iL._AC_.jpg
51PFJRbXI5L._AC_.jpg
815Mqcb7eML._AC_SY445_.jpg

And more recent games on Switch.
productimg
91cJllN9Y4S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I will have to dust off the WiiU and play the first 2.
Also first two games already on Switch.
EA_227

Last edited:

Vaelka

I just hate how onesided of an issue this is.
Why is it always people who have a problem with it who get taken into consideration and get toggles?
Same with violence too, why don't people who like gore/ blood or sexualized content get toggles added then to games too?
It's always prudes that get catered to...

I also have to question people who are upset by the skin showing here, if that's your biggest worry then I dunno wtf game you're playing.
The voice lines and animations are going to be the same as far as I know at least, that's far more sexual than the actual skin.
So you'd be okay playing it in front of other people with moans and sexual poses and comments etc but not when there is skin?

Krathoon

Maybe you misses this these games back then....
51I-FIps-iL._AC_.jpg
51PFJRbXI5L._AC_.jpg
815Mqcb7eML._AC_SY445_.jpg

And more recent games on Switch.
productimg
91cJllN9Y4S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also first two games already on Switch.
EA_227

I have all of those games except for NMH 3 and the Bayonettas.
It just feels odd that they are right along with Mario, Zelda, and Yoshi. It is a broad library.
Bayonetta is even in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It just feels odd that they are right along with Mario, Zelda, and Yoshi. It is a broad library.
Bayonetta is even in Smash Bros.
So you are telling me it’s weird a system have both “E” and “M” rated games?….I mean you do know both Playstation and Xbox also have both “M” and “E” rated games on their systems.

Krathoon

So you are telling me it’s weird a system have both “E” and “M” rated games?….I mean you do know both Playstation and Xbox also have both “M” and “E” rated games on their systems.
Yeah. I know. Times have changed. I remember back in the old days when Nintendo of America censored NES games. So, I still find it funny when you have really mature games on their consoles. I will always find it funny. Till the day I die.

Yeah. I know. Times have changed. I remember back in the old days when Nintendo of America censored NES games. So, I still find it funny when you have really mature games on their consoles. I will always find it funny. Till the day I die.
I got used to it during N64. Conker was the last "this is Nintendo?" moment for me.

What I find amusing is that Sony switched with Nintendo in terms of who is the puritan
I still remember the BMX XXX thing, only Sony baby raged over titties, was funny at the time..... Mortal Kombat was a big wakeup call for Nintendo back in the day.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I just hate how onesided of an issue this is.
Why is it always people who have a problem with it who get taken into consideration and get toggles?
Same with violence too, why don't people who like gore/ blood or sexualized content get toggles added then to games too?
Yeah we need more options. If devs aren’t allowed to do what they want anymore, because they fear the Twitter mob will ruin the PR or whatever, then let people choose and enjoy the games anyway they want.

There is no middle way where everyone is satisfied. Some like gore, some like erotism, some like both and some like nothing.

I would play with gore off if I could and I would have erotism and tease on. But games just get more gory and characters just get more boring. 😕

BlackTron

I actually think this is a good idea. Some people might be wanting to show up for the top tier action game, but not want to have to swipe the family game console from the living room and only play it while alone. Especially true as a Switch-only game.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
it's about them controlling what people like and find appealing. It's about control and limiting your enjoyment along with subverting society.

Very well said, they are taking whatever playbook and reasonable “how you could be against that” and taking advantage of a society where tribalism is rampant and fuelled by social media platforms every day. It is about exhorting control and shaping society and culture.

It is about the rigid hate and desire to supporrà everything you do not agree with / like and this idea that going from compromise, tolerance, and discourse to allow a diverse society to function and progress albeit slowly to rushing with force to their ideal of a good society where everything is universal (and progressively more and more soulless as it is afraid of taking any stance which may not cater to someone so caters to nobody allows people to project themselves with less effort or empathy).

Ladioss

Good (and clever) approach from Nintendo and Platinium just when I thought intelligence had definitly disappeared from the business suits.
Yes, they don't like freethinking over there.
I especially love the few ones who hate the idea of giving the choice to the user. Tells a lot about their ideology.

Krathoon

Most games in the franchise are first party Nintendo titles, would be weird if Nintendo wasn't fine with it!
It is just a weird move. I think Eternal Darkness was also first party. I guess they are kinda like Disney now. They will back some mature stuff.
They hire other studios to do it, though.

Krathoon

Platinum has people from Clover, no wonder they are good. They probably got people that worked on God Hand and Okami.

Woopah

It is just a weird move. I think Eternal Darkness was also first party. I guess they are kinda like Disney now. They will back some mature stuff.
They hire other studios to do it, though.
They had Perfect Dark and Conkers Bad Fur Day on the N64 as well. It's rare but not unheard of.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
🤮the industry goes over to that other place because they’re heavily regulated and strictly moderated🤮 They can hide their business practices underneath their parental practices.

Can’t enjoy Bayonetta? What happen to expressing sexuality. She’s expressing herself using sex appeal, but there’s no actual sex involved. This fight was already fought when they implemented the ratings board and when video games became protected by the first amendment. You can buy Mortal Kombat and Night Trap on the Switch. The only real concern was people didn’t know what to buy because there wasn’t anything on the box to tell them the type of content, so parents just bought whatever. It also shut down people who just wanted content banned.

Shifty

Because in order for something to get a toggle it has to exist in the design to begin with. HAL aren't going to add a Blood and Titties heading to their next Kirby planning document for the sake of satisfying what I suppose we'll call the 'anti-prude' demographic.

PC mods are the best you're going to get if you want to tack on explicit content for the sake of it.

Top Bottom