• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Will Return in an "Entirely New Way", Says CEO

supernova8

Banned
I wonder if it was all a big ploy to have a reason to stop making Battlefield games.

Step 1: make a succession of shit Battlefield games
Step 2: watch playerbase evaporate
Step 3: oh no look nobody wants to play Battlefield! Shucks!
Step 4: divert capital originally devoted to Battlefield to some bland pvp only battle royal rogue-like arena live service GAAS experience (gotta get all the buzz words in) shooter that will be will be wildly successful but will not be what any of us (on GAF) wanted.

supernova8

Banned
Please, no more hero's
ZftHRdi.jpg

Kupfer

Hell Let Loose, Squad and DayZ are my vibe.
I don't know what a BF could give me that would make it worth not playing one of the two better games mentioned above.
Since the audience is still casuals & kiddos, a new BF will probably not be too complex, everyone can do everything and actually team play is secondary. Since it comes from EA, there will be an in-game store, battle and premium passes and "cool" cosmetics.

Nope thanks

Last edited:
Hell Let Loose, Squad and DayZ are my vibe.
I don't know what a BF could give me that would make it worth not playing one of the two better games mentioned above.
Since the audience is still casuals & kiddos, a new BF will probably not be too complex, everyone can do everything and actually team play is secondary. Since it comes from EA, there will be an in-game store, battle and premium passes and "cool" cosmetics.

Nope thanks
HLL and Squad are good games in their own right but they can be incredibly slow and end up feeling like walking simulators unless you’re playing with a group who know what to do.

With that in mind, do we have a Squad or HLL group on Gaf? I really enjoy those games but usually get caught in a squad who have no idea what they’re doing.

NickFire

This would get demolished in the modern market. EA is trying to make money, not run a charity.
I kind of suspect that has been their mindset for years. I also suspect that the hubris of those who felt that way will lead them straight to F2P, if for no other reason than to avoid saying they were wrong. But I do believe that the Battlefield 4 model is the way to go, with microtransactions to modernize the revenue potential and avoid paid map packs.

HoldTheAir

I think going F2P would be the worst decision they could make. The F2P arena is just too congested at the moment to be profitable imo.

Tarin02543

Hey, EA, bring back 1942. Dont add stupid fucking shit like Call of Duty and dont make it for the ADHD crowd

Just make it simple.

Thats it.

Also, fuck off.

If the map isn't square it's not battlefield.

YOU ARE LEAVING THE BATTLEZONE

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How would that be demolished? People would buy it and it would make money
You can't look at modern successful multiplayer games of today and actually believe Battlefield 4 with pretty graphics would be able to compete. That design philosophy wilted on the market for a reason.

I kind of suspect that has been their mindset for years. I also suspect that the hubris of those who felt that way will lead them straight to F2P, if for no other reason than to avoid saying they were wrong. But I do believe that the Battlefield 4 model is the way to go, with microtransactions to modernize the revenue potential and avoid paid map packs.

Why did EA move on from BF4 design? Because it didn't pay the bills. If it didn't pay the bills in 2014 - 2018, why do you think it would today?

Chronos24

Battlefield 3 and 4 were perfect. Just make an updated 60fps build on these already amazing games and boom. Don't need to reinvent the wheel here

NickFire

Why did EA move on from BF4 design? Because it didn't pay the bills. If it didn't pay the bills in 2014 - 2018, why do you think it would today?
I don't agree with that premise. WW1 was just too far back. After that they insulted their customers time and time again.

Top Bottom