• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield is in Rough Shape

R6Rider

Gold Member
There's nothing to fix. Game is rotten in its core.

It's ain't no BF4 man. Bugs and mediocre graphics is not a big deal. Game is a bad Battlefield game, that's it. BF4 was great even with missing textures on PS3 during closed beta.

No amount of bug fixing can fix the game's core. Polished turd is still a turd no matter how shiny it is.

If you want BF4 like experience play BF4, if you want something similar but new, look elsewhere, there is nothing to see in the New BF.
Disagree.

Game feels and plays like a BF game. I'll take "mediocre" graphics if that means 128 players.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Ah, if only people knew how many bugs are in the database when an average Beta gets declared they'd shit themselves!

BlackM1st

Banned
Disagree.

Game feels and plays like a BF game. I'll take "mediocre" graphics if that means 128 players.
To each his own, after a 1000s of hours in BF2, 3 and 4 I saw nothing even remotely close to them in BF2042.

128 players is wasted on terrible maps, I was feeling like I played 32 v 32 on an empty map. And with 0 team or squad play it felt more like a FFA BR CoD. I wasn't revived once. Spotting is dead too. So... yeah, enjoy if you liked it but to me it's ain't no worthy sequel.

A.Romero

There is nothing shady about what they are doing. They opened the game for everyone to try on every platform. Whoever decides to jump in has the elements to make an informed decision.

There are obviously people willing to play it as it is so why delay? People not willing to jump in right now can do it in a few months with a discount. What's not to like?

The only way this would be inconvenient is if Dice/EA hid the state of things before release which is not the case.

I didn't get to play the beta because my GPU is out of commission and I only have last gen consoles but I so my brother play for a while and I didn't find it unplayable.

Yoda

I had planned on playing this, but the open-beta changed my mind. Will wait for post-launch fixes (overhauls?) before picking it up.

I don't understand why they want to make the game like CoD. If I wanted to play CoD... I'll play CoD?

Top Bottom