• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 PC specs leaked

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Excited Lets Go GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Been playing Battlefield 4 for the past couple of days. Why is everything a clusterfuck in this game? Vehicles seem too powerful. It takes too many rockets to kill a tank, which can be repaired in seconds. Stingers are no match for helicopters nowadays. Pilots are just too good to get hit or have unlocked so many counter measures where as the Stinger gets no upgrades to match it? I don't know if Battlefield 1 or 5 had similar issues, haven't played in a while but since we are going to near-future times I would hope they give infantry more tools or this is gonna be a short lived game for me.

I really really hope they figured out a way to balance out the vehicle vs infantry combat because it's literally impossible in that game right now.

Been playing Battlefield 4 for the past couple of days. Why is everything a clusterfuck in this game? Vehicles seem too powerful. It takes too many rockets to kill a tank, which can be repaired in seconds. Stingers are no match for helicopters nowadays. Pilots are just too good to get hit or have unlocked so many counter measures where as the Stinger gets no upgrades to match it? I don't know if Battlefield 1 or 5 had similar issues, haven't played in a while but since we are going to near-future times I would hope they give infantry more tools or this is gonna be a short lived game for me.

I really really hope they figured out a way to balance out the vehicle vs infantry combat because it's literally impossible in that game right now.
In Battlefield 5 u can destroy a tank in seconds all by yourself if u know what u r doing. I'm a tank player and I stopped using tanks. It's not fun anymore.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

I play engineer.
Other than jets which I just never bother with because they are too busy fighting each other or looking for vehicles.............if I see a vehicle my mouth waters.
I pretty much Solo anything.

P.S Dont use the Stinger, why would you warn the person you are about to shoot that you are about to shoot them?

Mattyp

Gold Member

It’s because they haven’t done any balancing for a decade or whatever the fuck it’s been at this point, I’ve maxed leveled on 3 platforms on BF4 but the balancing of some vehicles and weapons is completely fucked and near godlike or weak as a twig. I’m sure they’re aware of those issues for a modern shooter but.

Portugeezer

I don't think you're supposed to take out tanks single handedly, but yes, the vehicle unlocks/perks have been an issue since BF3 (when I started playing the main series besides Bad Company).

ZywyPL

Banned
More or less the same as for BF5, so no RT and not for 4K. But still suspiciously low given twice the player count, which will result in so much nore action on screen.

R6Rider

Gold Member

Your problem is trying to take down vehicles alone. In BFV it's stupidly easy, while in BF4 it's not going to end well unless the player in the vehicle is total garbage. There are really good players, but there's very few that can survive a squad concentrating on them (unless of course they have their squad helping them out).

tr1p1ex

it sounds like you've never played Battlefield before.

You can't expect to hop on and beat players who might have been playing the game for the past 8 years. :)

And if your team sucks compared to the other team then good luck. Main issue in BF is team balance.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
it sounds like you've never played Battlefield before.

Also like with any fps, if your team sucks compared to the other team then good luck.

Main issue in BF is team balance.
I've played every battlefield except the bad company ones. It's always the same problem. You get a few guys going 84 and 3 on Conquest because nobody can shoot them down. Team balance is also an issue but it just exaggerates other problems. Just yesterday I had a full squad of friends all on engineer trying to take out 2 helicopters on Hanger 21. We staggered our missiles, took cover when appropriate and even had guys rotating out while others were watching for infantry trying to interrupt our mission to take down these 2 choppers just hovering outside B. It all 5 of us, plus a rando in our own helicopter to take this guy down. The manueverability of the helicopters, the fact the they can ding solid concrete and still fly, using flares and seeming out running both locked on and laser guides missiles just makes it too difficult to the point that in most instances people just try to ignore and avoid these kind of fights.

I've been on the business end of this as well. Spawned in a helicopter. This rando was able to fly a helicopter into a fucking cave that couln't have been more than 25 feet high. Hit the ceiling a couple of times while we lay machine gun fire on the sad saps in the fucking cave and got out, landed on a nearby island, took 6 seconds to repair to full and just kept going. WTF?

Fake

I've played every battlefield except the bad company ones. It's always the same problem. You get a few guys going 84 and 3 on Conquest because nobody can shoot them down. Team balance is also an issue but it just exaggerates other problems. Just yesterday I had a full squad of friends all on engineer trying to take out 2 helicopters on Hanger 21. We staggered our missiles, took cover when appropriate and even had guys rotating out while others were watching for infantry trying to interrupt our mission to take down these 2 choppers just hovering outside B. It all 5 of us, plus a rando in our own helicopter to take this guy down. The manueverability of the helicopters, the fact the they can ding solid concrete and still fly, using flares and seeming out running both locked on and laser guides missiles just makes it too difficult to the point that in most instances people just try to ignore and avoid these kind of fights.

I've been on the business end of this as well. Spawned in a helicopter. This rando was able to fly a helicopter into a fucking cave that couln't have been more than 25 feet high. Hit the ceiling a couple of times while we lay machine gun fire on the sad saps in the fucking cave and got out, landed on a nearby island, took 6 seconds to repair to full and just kept going. WTF?

I've been playing Battlefield so much time and I totally agree with you. Last topic about BF I end up being acused of someone who never played BF.
Tanks are very powerful with engineers repairing every time. I remember saying one of my favorite maps from Battlefiled of all times would be operation Metró and because of that people question if I was a BF player after all.
My problem with games like this are, every early games life people play fair because there are something new to work on and thats take time, and late games life would be a bunch of veterans and cheaters ruining whats left from the game. IMO thats 'why' BF suffer more from the rest of the others FPS games. If you put veterans/cheaters using tanks/helicopters all around and not to mention the premade battles, this ruins every single match up.
Others FPS, unless cheaters are using something to avoid take damage, they're still at the mercy of the player usualy lower health system, while in BF games they usualy countermeasure that by use vehicles.

In the end, EA/Dice requested a vote for the playerbase favorites maps and Operation Metro is there. Wonder why.

Derktron

Banned
If is a Directx 12 only game don't matter. Stick with Windows 7 or either upgrade both OS and GPU.
Nah I rather get updates that matter like security updates, even businesses use Windows 10 like health insurance companies

Fake

Nah I rather get updates that matter like security updates, even businesses use Windows 10 like health insurance companies

Don't care what you want or like about updates, I talking about the Battlefield 2042 specs. If the guy you quoted don't have a Directx 12 GPU will be useless update to Windows 10 if he can't play BF 2042.

Md Ray

Not too concerned about PC system requirements. This game is being made to run on a fuking 2012 OG Xbox One hardware.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

the problem is team balance.

What you describe sounds like the other team had better pilots and were coordinated to some degree.

Their 2 helis, not sure if they were scout helis or attack helis or both, could have had as many 8 players in them as well making the number of players on each side of the battle more even than you describe.

Scout helis are fairly easy to keep at bay with 1 Stinger - everything else being equal.

Helis take good damage hitting the sides of buildings but if you learn to fly well you learn to minimize that damage and what you can get away with. You learn to have a feather touch.

IF your pilot sucked compared to their pilot(s) then that's going to be a big handicap. Not to mention again that your heli might have only 1 guy in it and their helis could have been loaded.

A lot of variables there.

And then the rest of the eyeballs on each team make a huge difference as well. For example, the ability to keep a heli at bay with a Stinger is greatly affected by the quality of the enemy ground troops compared to the ones on your team.

The guys who put up huge numbers like a 84-3 are rare and again it's a team balance thing. It always starts with your team not having an equivalent pilot or your pilot not going after their pilot. And those numbers almost always are against inferior competition.

I see plenty of guys on the ground put up really good numbers as well. So it makes sense if a really good guy in a jet for example puts up even better numbers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom