• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 |OT| - Squad Up, Gear Up, and Join the Fight.

Imtjnotu

Starting to get more and more pissed with this shit.

Lately players seem to freeze in place only for them to pop up out of no where and kill you

Last edited:
They arent. They just had no time left. Business things. These things that are missing arent in because a br game doesnt need it. Its just idiotic teenagers parroting the next best thing they read without thinking just once for themselves.

They arent. They just had no time left. Business things. These things that are missing arent in because a br game doesnt need it. Its just idiotic teenagers parroting the next best thing they read without thinking just once for themselves.
Yup i honestly believe that they think that scoreboards and chat are old skool thinking. They made this title with the younger audience in mind and they think this is progressive multiplayer gaming 🤷🏼

The hate for this game is a trend. People do it because others do it no real thought involved. The hive mind have went into full effect. Just like what they did to TLOU II… most trolls never even played the game…I’ll continue to enjoy the game on my 3080…
Or maybe because it's a dogshit Battlefield game. You enjoy it but don't accuse people of shitting on it because of "hive mind" or "trolls". Pure laziness on your part. There's plenty of arguments against the game, both design and bugs. I had seen enough problems from playing the Beta to convince me to stay away from buying the game.

Flag B1 on hourglass is bananas. Me and a few other people took the flag and I then proceeded to hold the flag for over a half hour. At times there were dozens of teammates fighting wave after wave of infantry and vehicles trying to take the flag. Absolute chaos.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
So about that horseshit "Battlefield is always near on entirely unplayable garbage for months after release" narrative certain astroturfers are constantly trying to peddle around here

"there are bugs in the game but they don't take away from the experience enough to be critical of"

Or maybe because it's a dogshit Battlefield game. You enjoy it but don't accuse people of shitting on it because of "hive mind" or "trolls". Pure laziness on your part. There's plenty of arguments against the game, both design and bugs. I had seen enough problems from playing the Beta to convince me to stay away from buying the game.
It's at troll, mate.

Neofire

It's pretty evident that has a bunch of short comings but to say it's dog shit is a bad shot for anyone outside of your own opinion.

I enjoy it, but it’s not what I want from a battlefield game. It’s my least favorite mainline battlefield game, easily.

This is where I'm at. It's easily the "worst" Battlefield yet I still find myself enjoying the game when I play. It must be surprising to people here but there can totally be nuance with the game. If you were to listen to people here if you say you enjoy yourself despite the flaws you're an "astroturfer" (what lol). The only ktber positikn to take is you have such a rabid hatred for the game that you feel the need to come into the OT daily to remind everyone how much you hate it with Steam graphs and youtube videos.

Some people take videogams way too seriously, meanwhile I'm participating in some epic 128 player battles with no in bame scoreboards or voice chat and have a good time with it.

This is where I'm at. It's easily the "worst" Battlefield yet I still find myself enjoying the game when I play. It must be surprising to people here but there can totally be nuance with the game. If you were to listen to people here if you say you enjoy yourself despite the flaws you're an "astroturfer" (what lol). The only ktber positikn to take is you have such a rabid hatred for the game that you feel the need to come into the OT daily to remind everyone how much you hate it with Steam graphs and youtube videos.

PplSome people take videogams way too seriously, meanwhile I'm participating in some epic 128 player battles with no in bame scoreboards or voice chat and have a good time with it.
No offense...no one is calling anyone an astroturfer because they ENJOY the game. Thats YOUR bad taste and wasted time. Are people exaggerating and being hyperbolic? Yes. But are people also In denial about this series decline and direction? YES!!! If you enjoy the direction they heading then have fun but without a real community Battlefield is dead. And that wont be up for debate.

Alpha Male

For reference, I LOVE Battlefield and have played thousands of hours through the years...

I am having an absolute blast with 2042 - both All Out War and Portal

I really think 64 player Breakthrough is the optimal amount of people and works much better than 128 players... however I also think 128 player Conquest is awesome. I would really like to see Breakthrough changed to 64 permanently.

My only real issue currently is the performance problem that manifests itself rarely during 128 player matches on Series X - frame rate tanks and turns into a slide show for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. I know this will be fixed soon so I'm not too worried about it right now.

Last edited:
No offense...no one is calling anyone an astroturfer because they ENJOY the game. Thats YOUR bad taste and wasted time. Are people exaggerating and being hyperbolic? Yes. But are people also In denial about this series decline and direction? YES!!! If you enjoy the direction they heading then have fun but without a real community Battlefield is dead. And that wont be up for debate.

If I'm managing to eek out some enjoyment from the game then I'm not entirely sure I would call that "wasted time". Saying I have bad taste because I'm liking something you're not is a childish argument so I'm not sure how to even reply to that.

If you've read anything I've said about the game thus far (including getting eviscerated in another thread for my opinions on the game) I'm certainly not in denial over the boneheaded decisions that have led to this bizarre direction Dice has taken the series. I don't enjoy the direction they're going and I hope they course correct for the next one (lol yeah right) but the "hyperbolic" reactions are cringe inducingly over the top. Settle down people, it's a videogame, the reactions coming from (what I assume to be) adults is nothing short of embarrassing.

But uh, keep fighting the good fight I guess.

Last edited:

Jebron

So about that horseshit "Battlefield is always near on entirely unplayable garbage for months after release" narrative certain astroturfers are constantly trying to peddle around here

"there are bugs in the game but they don't take away from the experience enough to be critical of"

Really? You're going to use YouTube's biggest Battlefield/EA shill as a metric for feedback on the game?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Really? You're going to use YouTube's biggest Battlefield/EA shill as a metric for feedback on the game?
Is angry joe also a battlefield/EA shill? Just watched his BF1 review and again, no never ending game breaking bugs. Just balance and community issues.

2042 is exceptionally hot garbage, even for a b-tier developer like Dice.

If I'm managing to eek out some enjoyment from the game then I'm not entirely sure I would call that "wasted time".
Im sorry but that dosent sound like fun. Eeking out some enjoyment sounds more like a chore than actually enjoying a great product. But go ahead and fight the "real" good fight. Keeping this game alive and not feeling like you wasted some funds towards a title that EA will dump. I dont think youre astroturfing. I genuinely believe you had some good experiences and want to see them progress. After having this since early acess launch...ive lost alot of hope and respect for EA/DIce and the franchise itself. But hey diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. Happy gaming and have fun.

Last edited:

Outlier

Just let it die. Maybe EA will take notice, and do better next time.

egoXH459S38rxPJP64hVq7HKSa-TKgOGRjTk_pS3dh4.jpg
:messenger_open_mouth: At that price I kind of want to get it!
But I don't want to play it, at any price. :^\

NickFire

I bought this on sale because I guessed it would be a great game after six months or so. Still haven't played it though since the beta. Feels bad.

Still no auto-squad leader change when leader doesn't give objective ....

When I first got 2042 I started my usual schtick of spamming request order so I can be promoted to squad leader and actually lead the squad. Didn't take long to realize that was cut....

Then when I actually happened to be squad leader it didn't take long to realize they cut out all the sweet xp bonuses you get for setting objectives and having squadmates follow through...

Feels bad man

Just because its a shit BF game doesnt mean there isnt any fun to be had. It can be pretty enjoyable but its such a step back from what came before is why its gotten so much deserved flak.

This game is basically BF4 without squads, good maps, level destructibility, crazy weapon selection. What they've added is higher player count and specialized gadgets.

DeaDPo0L84

Thats YOUR bad taste and wasted time.
So not only is it enough that their are multiple threads discussing all the various issues surrounding the game for people like you to jump in but now you're in the OT telling someone that they have bad taste and are wasting their time, go fuck yourself.

You are a waste of time just like you're wasting your own time even discussing this any further. Nobody is hurting you by playing something they enjoy, move on with your life that you apparently don't have.

Damn, saw the thread pop up and thought it may be time to take the plunge. Ex neh on that idea, may have to pick up Extraction instead at this point

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Damn, saw the thread pop up and thought it may be time to take the plunge. Ex neh on that idea, may have to pick up Extraction instead at this point
You would be much much better off picking up Battlefield 1 and all of its DLC on the cheap instead of jumping into this pile anytime soon.

Heck Battlefield 5 would be better than this at the moment and that is depressing.

manfestival

I do have fun playing BF2042 despite it's plentiful bugs. In fact, one bug that I encountered that is common for me since the last patch is this weird thing where the game freezes a few times per match. Freezing in the sense of like everything suddenly stopping like you are experiencing lag and there is that pause before the action kicks in. This has led to quite a few deaths since it is as far as I know completely random. So I can be in the middle of any action and bam... freeze. Not sure why my buddies want to play Hazard Zone. That mode is so dull and uninteresting.

As far as BF1. I do view it as the best BF game of this/last gen. Especially love that bolt rifles are actually meta in that game(as they should be).

Just because its a shit BF game doesnt mean there isnt any fun to be had. It can be pretty enjoyable but its such a step back from what came before is why its gotten so much deserved flak.

This game is basically BF4 without squads, good maps, level destructibility, crazy weapon selection. What they've added is higher player count and specialized gadgets.

Hence my "eek out enjoyment" comment. It's very obvious that people out there take videogames very seriously, and whatever that's fine do what you feel, but I just can't. I enjoy gaming, and have since the mid 80s, but I can't be bothered to put this much effort into hating something and to put out this much vitriolic hyperbole over a videogame.

I've thought about this before and I'm certain this meh attitude allows me to enjoy games I see other people spending days on end tearing down.

Is this Battlefield the way I want it to be? No. Are there design decisions that irritate the hell out of me at times? Yes. But in the end, when I'm in the thick of it capping flags and causing chaos amongst 128 other players I can't help but find myself having a good time. That sounds like a much more efficient usage of my time than frothing at the mouth anytime someone brings up Battlefield 2042 or when I see the OT get bumped. So meh, I'll enjoy it for what it is and when I'm done with it I'll do the same thing I do with any other game I'm finished with...move on to the next one.

I can bet my asshole , 4k boost battlefield 4 and battlefield 3 on next gen consoles and they will have more players then this.
Bottom line the game is not fun
More players doesn't equal fun
The maps are lifeless
There is no flow
The gunplay didn't evolved atall
Battlefield 5 , 4 ,1 are better games than this launched with campaign and much more content than this trash

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is this Battlefield the way I want it to be? No. Are there design decisions that irritate the hell out of me at times? Yes. But in the end, when I'm in the thick of it capping flags and causing chaos amongst 128 other players I can't help but find myself having a good time. That sounds like a much more efficient usage of my time than frothing at the mouth anytime someone brings up Battlefield 2042 or when I see the OT get bumped.
Michael Rainey Jr Yes GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Hence my "eek out enjoyment" comment. It's very obvious that people out there take videogames very seriously, and whatever that's fine do what you feel, but I just can't. I enjoy gaming, and have since the mid 80s, but I can't be bothered to put this much effort into hating something and to put out this much vitriolic hyperbole over a videogame.

I've thought about this before and I'm certain this meh attitude allows me to enjoy games I see other people spending days on end tearing down.

Is this Battlefield the way I want it to be? No. Are there design decisions that irritate the hell out of me at times? Yes. But in the end, when I'm in the thick of it capping flags and causing chaos amongst 128 other players I can't help but find myself having a good time. That sounds like a much more efficient usage of my time than frothing at the mouth anytime someone brings up Battlefield 2042 or when I see the OT get bumped. So meh, I'll enjoy it for what it is and when I'm done with it I'll do the same thing I do with any other game I'm finished with...move on to the next one.

That's fine and more power to you. However, I cant fault people who expected the latest entry in a long running franchise to actually be better or at least on par with previous entries.

I'm not calling for heads to roll or anything crazy but I think this game is quite a step back for the series. Its hard for me to think of a previous Battlefield game that is not better than 2042 (maybe Bad Company 1?). It is still fun to shoot other people in the face and that is definitely one thing that 2042 does pretty well (gunplay I mean)

Last edited:
That's fine and more power to you. However, I cant fault people who expected the latest entry in a long running franchise to actually be better or at least on par with previous entries.

I'm not calling for heads to roll or anything crazy but I think this game is quite a step back for the series. Its hard for me to think of a previous Battlefield game that is not better than 2042 (maybe Bad Company 1?). It is still fun to shoot other people in the face and that is definitely one thing that 2042 does pretty well (gunplay I mean)

Know what the worst part about all this is? It's probably going to be years before we see another Battlefield game and even then it'll be a crapshoot whether they will revert back to a more classic Battlefield experience or not.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Know what the worst part about all this is? It's probably going to be years before we see another Battlefield game and even then it'll be a crapshoot whether they will revert back to a more classic Battlefield experience or not.
I'm wondering if EA is having Ripple Effect (formerly DICE LA which included some Danger Close devs) reboot the Medal of Honor series again or if they'll stick them on an entirely new IP.

For Battlefield I can't see another one before 2025, unless they already had another one in the works.

EDMIX

I can bet my asshole , 4k boost battlefield 4 and battlefield 3 on next gen consoles and they will have more players then this.

Doubtful. I've heard that shit before btw, its usually people fucking obsessed with like 1 or 2 games of a IP and always have the same shit to say ie "if they do this, more players would xyz" i don't see anything supporting that bud.

I don't even see a single fucking figure that supports either title would have more as you can play them now and they are not charting, oh but in 4k they would? lol Unlikely.

yea sooooooo much would play it brooozzzzz /s

Dear god, BF1 is more successful then BOTH titles and even putting that shit in 4K is not fucking outselling 2042, I call horseshit on that one lol This has nothing to do with liking 1 title more then any other, its simply factually we've NEVER seen some remaster of a MP title move more units then the latest game in the series. People simply do NOT play old games like that to the extent of moving more units then the current.

No amount of hardcore fanfiction shit is going to change that and its simply cringe shit. COD4 remaster didn't move more units then the current Call Of Duty that year, why? Cause it doesn't fucking matter how massive COD4 was at its prime, its still a old game, with old maps and no fresh coat of paint is magically going to make 100% of that install base return AGAINST the new COD and thats a bigger IP then Battlefield.

So you'd have a loosing bet big time lol

EDMIX

Is it not fair to say "it's a dogshit Battlefield game"? I think that's very fair. It's really bad, bugs aside.

Yet you wonder why it still moved millions making it one of the fastest selling BFs in history? I don't think a lot of the community takes seriously this type of hyperbole and some times it can back fire. Folks spent all this energy telling us how bad this Assassins Creed is or this Call Of Duty is or stay way from this Far Cry and many times we've seen those titles STILL fucking go on to move record units. After a while, I think they just start ignoring that whole screaming Youtube neckbeard shit as it gets annoying.

You can't force everyone to hate everything sometimes man lol

Everything is either THE BEST or "dogshit" with little real measured response, so why the fuck are some you shocked that people stopped listening? I'm more willing to listen if its a real measured response, not this knee jerk neck beard shit of "THE BEST 100x better then BFV" and or "DOGSHIT, stay awayz" etc. The gaming communities obsession with that shit is why many don't take them seriously. They are unable to even properly quantify what the fuck they are talking about to even hold any real discussion to take their recommendation seriously. So I can't tell you to buy a game based on me telling you "derrr its da BEST 100x better then bfv", but I also can't tell you to avoid game and only tell you its "dogshit". Do you not see how strange that might sound? Its not only unfair, its so chock full of fucking bias, there is not point if my reply is either the best or dogshit. Not everything falls in that area and the more the community keeps trying to force that concept, expect games like this to keep selling.

How can those gamers even tell its a bad game if we've been thru this entire thing before with every fucking major release where the sky is suppose to be falling?

So not only is it enough that their are multiple threads discussing all the various issues surrounding the game for people like you to jump in but now you're in the OT telling someone that they have bad taste and are wasting their time, go fuck yourself.

You are a waste of time just like you're wasting your own time even discussing this any further. Nobody is hurting you by playing something they enjoy, move on with your life that you apparently don't have.
Bro fuck off...youre not chatting about anything in this OT but doing damage control. No one is engaging in any discussion about the game because there is none to be had. Its as shallow as a street puddle. Stop looking for safe spaces. This aint reddit and you aint locking this thread. You don't like it..then dont read. Just another opinion on the internet you dont like.

DeaDPo0L84

Bro fuck off...youre not chatting about anything in this OT but doing damage control. No one is engaging in any discussion about the game because there is none to be had. Its as shallow as a street puddle. Stop looking for safe spaces. This aint reddit and you aint locking this thread. You don't like it..then dont read. Just another opinion on the internet you dont like.
"Bro" you should educate yourself and read my previous post, you come across like a screaming immature child. Again you're in a OT for people actively playing a game telling people they have bad taste and are wasting their time, you're in no position to pass judgment.

I've been active in this thread from the jump, funny how you randomly pop up and it's only of course purely to shit talk and judge everyone else who might be enjoying the game, maybe try being a better person and adding something positive to the site.

Last edited:
I want to improve my heli game but rarely does someone hop in the gunner seat and that means you're royally fucked. I dunno if I'm just bad or it's the netcode but I'm getting oneshotted? left and right. Sometimes from across the map by a single guy. And don't let me start with all the level 5000 " I have no life" people flying jets and fucking u up 10 seconds after lift off. When I'm running Soflam no one is actually taking down the helis, tank and jets. It's really beyond frustrating by now.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Yet you wonder why it still moved millions making it one of the fastest selling BFs in history? I don't think a lot of the community takes seriously this type of hyperbole and some times it can back fire.
It's lost over 90% of its playerbase on steam in two months. Not even BFV fell off that hard that fast. Not only that it has sent people running back to older Battlefield games. BFV had double the number of players on steam than 2042 did these past couple of weeks.

The game is ass and Dice needs to fix it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom