• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 is bleeding players as launch issues continue

TLvsyr5.jpg
xneLNtL.jpg

BattleBit is a low-poly 254 players Battlefield clone with fully destructible environments made by three guys. Has many brutal expectations features.

I always thought the focus on bigger, more is something they shouldn't do.
Focusing on simplicity and balance is the better way. Combining that with better physics is all you need to do a good game.
They lost focus on what a good game lives from.
And that's the reason why games like Halo be the better choice to have fun.
I hope they geht back to the scratchpad and building something new, unique, simple, and working game.

But that's a thing the whole industry is sick from.

Titanfall says hi.

In 3 years it sold 10 million.

It was a new franchise and multiplayer only. Also it was only available on pc and Xbox.

I'm so tired of entitled spoiled single player brats who cries over this every time
Same price but drastically less content and that makes us entitled? What does total sales even have to do with it? Titanfall 1 sold more than Titanfall 2, does that make it a better game?

People who call other gamers entitled for reasonable wants like this are far worse. You don't even have an argument to back you up.

ZywyPL

Banned
Titanfall 1 sold more than Titanfall 2, does that make it a better game?

Yest it does. Huge part why TF2 didn't sold as well as TF1 was the open-beta/demo which pushed away many people, because it just wasn't as good as the first one, too many bad/unnecessary changes. The SP campaign was brilliant tho.

Same story with BF2042 really - the beta single-handedly killed the game, 70$, no SP campaign, longer development time, multiple teams working on the project, and the end result isn't even average, so yeah, all the people who've been waiting for a proper BF for all those years have all the right to feel disappointed.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Same price but drastically less content and that makes us entitled? What does total sales even have to do with it? Titanfall 1 sold more than Titanfall 2, does that make it a better game?

People who call other gamers entitled for reasonable wants like this are far worse. You don't even have an argument to back you up.
Yes. Titanfall 1 was a way better game than the second.

I clocked 223 hours into Titanfall 1,and only 31 into Titanfall 2,only touching the online part.

Also, by Gaf standards the game selling better does mean its better as well.

winjer

Gold Member
Shocking. The game's almost dead, it needs more updates and free DLCs asap, but DICE's reputation has been ruined. EA as publisher already had a reputation that was in the toilet.

The game got lower numbers this week. Very close to 1000 players.
I was posting this image just because of the current player number being 2041. Very close to 2042..........

Gamerguy84

Wasted $60 on this game. Don't get me wrong I like it and it runs pretty good on PS5 with crossplay off but the community spoke.

BF4 was in worse shape I believe. They would have been better off dropping some map packs.

EDMIX

Titanfall 1 sold more than Titanfall 2, does that make it a better game?

Well I would actually say yes

Also some of you need to stop getting caught up in demanding for more "content" completely just blanket asking for more pixels or something at the end of the day I believe 2042 s biggest issue isn't even content I would argue its quality and the terrible design so I could never even argue against it not having a campaign because I never played the other ones anyway so I would say that's never really a major issue for me I would argue I was more upset that any money was spent on something I was simply never going to play for the majority of the community anyway.

And to further prove my point how many of you are telling me all the Assassin's Creed RPGs that came out where the best games of all time? One of the most normal things I see around here is people fucking complaining how "bloated" those games are but you're telling me if they did the same thing for Battlefield you are going to have a positive outcome?

So I've seen the Community Praise developers that have a lot of content like The Witcher only to then attack other Publishers for having more content only to then cry about other games that have very little content when in reality who knows how they would feel if that game came with a laundry list of maps and weapons they might argue it's just as fucking "bloated". So with the Gaming Community nowadays going back and forth pushing whatever fucking narratives they feel like it who knows generally how consumers feel about this stuff.

That being said I maintain my original point that quality is the biggest issue regarding 2042 and it's terrible design. I had no problem with the number of maps or even the number of weapons as much as I had an issue with how the weapons should have been throughout the entire game and not simply separated by mode, which brings me back to the games terrible design. I just don't see any scenario where simply giving someone more of 2042 in its exact state was magically going to correct this lol

Dear God that's like trying to say the only fucking issue was the amount of what we got, nahhhhh lol

Yes. Titanfall 1 was a way better game than the second.

Agreed. I have nothing against adding a SP, but that doesn't magically mean the past install base will return if other issues exist in the MP ie the main mode. I'm ok if TF3 doesn't have a SP mode, I'm ok if they add one too so long as it doesn't interfere with the MP mode.

Shocking. The game's almost dead, it needs more updates and free DLCs asap

I actually disagree.

1. I'm not sure EA cares that much regarding Steam, that has historically been a platform ignored by them to the point of most past BF titles not even coming to steam at launch. Look at Call Of Duty, low numbers on Steam to the point of them not even putting it out on there anymore. Its not saying the numbers are amazing else where and they are perfect where they are, its saying Steam isn't the best source to see where it might be dead, Steam has never been the place when the series was alive lol Look at BF1, BF4 etc.

2. I agree it needs updates like the free DLC they have planned, but even as a supporter of the game, I don't think they need to put it out right away, that is what got us in this fucking situation in the first place with rushed, broken content. Even the delayed Scoreboard I'm ok with as, get it to us when its done. Roll out the content when its actually ready. Plan those maps over again as I'm 99.9% sure the original plans were from the past designer that clearly shouldn't be used, so the fact that they are redesigning the maps tells me what ever content they planned before, need to be factored with feedback, redesigned and polished. I'd want DLC fast, I'd want all that to happen as i have well over 80 hours in the game and like a lot of what I play of it, but the quality needs work, the design needs work and I just can't argue for fast ,quick DLC "asap", as soon as that shit is of great quality, working and functional as that is how this game should have been rolled out in the first place. I don't even see it as a few months delay, I see this shit as even in 2022 I question if it would have made sense to put this game out seeing how they are literally redoing the maps now.

Gamerguy84 Gamerguy84 Consider those maps they had planned are of a design we already disagree with. How would it be better to continue that tone deaf behavior? As much as I want more maps, I want quality and for them to avoid those past mistakes and think it makes sense to hold off until they hear the feedback regarding those maps before making any new maps for DLC

Last edited:

EDMIX

lol

This is why I was against any type of roadmap like hard dates or something.

They are having issues with the game, they have no place right now to be telling us "Oh February, oh we mean early March, April.....wait a minute" lol They also told us it was it was "ahead of schedule", so with such a horrid launch, it means they have no place telling us WHEN something is going to happen if they've yet to correct that issue in the first place. I'd legit rather they take in feedback and stfu on those exact features until that shit is ready to roll out that week or something.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Agreed. I have nothing against adding a SP, but that doesn't magically mean the past install base will return if other issues exist in the MP ie the main mode. I'm ok if TF3 doesn't have a SP mode, I'm ok if they add one too so long as it doesn't interfere with the MP mode.
Yeah. But you could tell the single player campaign affected the online component, because it was barebone compared to Titanfall 1

EDMIX

Yeah. But you could tell the single player campaign affected the online component, because it was barebone compared to Titanfall 1

Thats what I think happened. To my understanding ReSpawn did the SP and MP so its clear it affected that online portion. I think after TF2, they should just focus on MP for TF3 if they alone will work on it or something. No sense to split those resources for a mode most likely won't play or care for.

Gamerguy84

Gamerguy84 Gamerguy84 Consider those maps they had planned are of a design we already disagree with. How would it be better to continue that tone deaf behavior? As much as I want more maps, I want quality and for them to avoid those past mistakes and think it makes sense to hold off until they hear the feedback regarding those maps before making any new maps for DLC
Hoestly i have no idea. Like I was saying I enjoyed the game overall but I heard it was really broke on PC so I understand their anger.

I ran into occasional bugs but that's every game I play and it was nothing game breaking to me. I hope somehow it makes a comeback.

I feel traditional shooters are stale, even Halo Infinite numbers are very bad on Steam charts.

This is probably the fastest game to die with crossplay , it's literally dead in middle east and south east Asia , u always get into empty servers and when u do get into a match it just stays at menu screen saying waiting for more players.
The only way to play is play from server browser in portal to eu with High ping.
I would've totally understood this if it didn't had cross play , but 3 platforms together and still no servers is just a new low for battle field

Shmunter

One idea to save bf2042. Quickly release a remaster of bf4 to owners of the game. Improved assets, resolution, loading…the stuff you’d expect today - everything else intact. Bf2042 just becomes the launcher to the remaster, watch the numbers climb.

Last edited:

EDMIX

One idea to save bf2042. Quickly release a remaster of bf4 to owners of the game. Improved assets, resolution, loading…the stuff you’d expect today - everything else intact. Bf2042 just becomes the launcher to the remaster, watch the numbers climb.

lol very unlikely. I say that as someone that loves BF4 and has well over 500 hours in it. I never let what I like get in the way of reality on this one, I like the game, but I don't see any evidence that such a thing will see those numbers climb just cause you and I like BF4 or something.

Where the fuck are those players for the actual BF4? We can see that data and its not in this deep millions or something. The next closest thing we have to really drive this home with real evidence would be Call Of Duty 4's remaster. A bigger IP of a game that moved more units then BF4. Was remastered, didn't just magically outsell the current COD.

I like old titles too man, I still have BF4 in my normal MP rotation along with BF2042, I however don't pretend what I do is the majority and that JUST remastering BF4 would fix this. I doubt that and don't see the evidence to support that, even with liking BF4. I try my best to remain objective on here and give a view based on factually what I feel on something vs a personal one. BF4 in portal is a day 1 for me don't get me wrong, I just don't see the data that such a thing would even turn any of this around as you can play BF4 now and that data is some massive figure.

Keep in mind, I fully expect in Portals updates that they put all the maps from BF4 and weapons in either this game or a separate Portal thing, but i doubt that alone would change this situation. Gamers as a majority like new games, as to why BF 2042 at its peak was like 100k vs COD4 remaster 6k.

Droxcy

Should just throw a Trello board up and call it a day. Fix 1-2 items a day until the whole team gets pulled to work on the next game. That's what CoD did.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After five months of continual updates and patching, Battlefield 2042 is making a comeback, as the player count has doubled in the last three days since the current patch (Update 4.0) was released.

Battlefield 2042 Playercount
Before and After 4.0 Update

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

SJRB

Gold Member

After five months of continual updates and patching, Battlefield 2042 is making a comeback, as the player count has doubled in the last three days since the current patch (Update 4.0) was released.

Battlefield 2042 Playercount
Before and After 4.0 Update

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Making a comeback, lmao.

O woooooow, 3,000 players. Insane numbers. DICE redeemed indeed.

EDMIX

Making a comeback, lmao.

O woooooow, 3,000 players. Insane numbers. DICE redeemed indeed.
lol When those numbers are so low, I'm thinking anything can make them double, triple etc. You'll probably see that with the free map stuff later

Top Bottom