• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 is bleeding players as launch issues continue

Concern

I remember how hyped everyone and their grandmother was for BF3, it was heralded as the second coming of Jesus Christ. The trailers were fantastic and the graphics were incredible, they still look good to this day. Then it launched and everyone was disappointed. It's kind of puzzling how i see it way up high in top best Battlefield games these days wen i seriously remember it being a big dud. Apart from the original, Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, i can't recall a BF title that wasn't slammed by fans at release.

I'm not a fan because i don't play multiplayer anymore, but i'm seeing a pattern.

Disagree.

Battlefield 3 was great, i don't even remember its launch issues. Whereas Battlefield 4 was a broken pos at launch. Battlefield 1 and V were just bad games all around.

People are most likely referring to the current state of V vs 2042.

EDMIX

This is close to as bad as anthem and andromeda, could be a while before we see another BF game

lol just stop man, game community is like the CW of drama for forums lol, this hyperbolic, dramatic shit is unnecessary and doesn't even make sense. I see nothing here as bad as Anthem or Andromeda or anything that argue you won't see a BF title.

Andromeda had tech issues and poor sales, they are working on Mass Effect 5.

BFV launched with extremely low sales for the IP, like 3x lower then normal, still moved 9 million,. you still got another fucking BF title.

BF4 launched with less then half of the sales of the last BF despite being on MORE platforms then BF3, had server issues for over a year.....still got another BF title.

BF 2042's launch week is almost 2x that of BF4, sir....just stop. You literally have a blueprint, you have a map to tell you what EA likes or doesn't and what would cause the IP to end. Using your logic, it should have ended several times as this isn't the worst launch for sales, this isn't the worst launch for issues ie can't enter a server for a year or some shit and using Steam data would argue all BF titles have failed with this logic.

So I can't just go off of "a guy likes BF and is sad about dis BF, omg" i need to go on something factual, tangible and less dramatic for sensationalist clickbait shit.

What objective evidence tells you we won't see a BF for a while any longer then we normally do? BF 2042 needs patches, it needs updates, it needs content, no debate. All BFs get that though...

Concern Concern That simply isn't true.... I never use solely my memory to get stuff like this, I go back and remind myself what was going on instead of JUST remembering what I like or something.

BF3 had many launch issues, BF4 simply had worse launch issues and longer. BF3 was missing in game voice chat, had a server brower issue that lasted a few months, had performance issues in general with servers

I don't mean to be rude, we need to stop with this "I don't remember" we have google and this needs to be based on what factually happened vs what we "recall" or "remember" as shit I need to catch myself some times as I forget how some of those titles launch until I look back and slowly start to recall those issues as it has been 10 plus years.

BF1 and BFV might be some of the smoothest launches for the IP, 2042 has lots of issues I agree, but I'd argue they are fixing them faster then any other BF and have the ability to remove features in real time, not the smoothest, but I'd say thus far the best response we've seen to a BF launch with this many patches, updates and over 300 fixes. So they seem to have something planned to address issues knowing it would launch rocky like past BF titltes.

BFV didn't launch with too many issues and more so debated the whole TTK changes that happened around launch and minor things, its biggest controversy was the whole PR nightmare of "don't like it don't buy it" and from what we've seen, that is a difference of BFV doing 1 million or so a week and 2042 doing 4.2 million a week.

I'm sure EA is very much ok with that difference btw. So even with the issues being more so on 2042 vs BFV, with the sales and speedy response, I'm not too worried about it. If anything the whole exaggerated outrage will just get them to change and update certain things we don't like anyway lol

Last edited:

Concern

lol just stop man, game community is like the CW of drama for forums lol, this hyperbolic, dramatic shit is unnecessary and doesn't even make sense. I see nothing here as bad as Anthem or Andromeda or anything that argue you won't see a BF title.

Andromeda had tech issues and poor sales, they are working on Mass Effect 5.

BFV launched with extremely low sales for the IP, like 3x lower then normal, still moved 9 million,. you still got another fucking BF title.

BF4 launched with less then half of the sales of the last BF despite being on MORE platforms then BF3, had server issues for over a year.....still got another BF title.

BF 2042's launch week is almost 2x that of BF4, sir....just stop. You literally have a blueprint, you have a map to tell you what EA likes or doesn't and what would cause the IP to end. Using your logic, it should have ended several times as this isn't the worst launch for sales, this isn't the worst launch for issues ie can't enter a server for a year or some shit and using Steam data would argue all BF titles have failed with this logic.

So I can't just go off of "a guy likes BF and is sad about dis BF, omg" i need to go on something factual, tangible and less dramatic for sensationalist clickbait shit.

What objective evidence tells you we won't see a BF for a while any longer then we normally do? BF 2042 needs patches, it needs updates, it needs content, no debate. All BFs get that though...

Concern Concern That simply isn't true.... I never use solely my memory to get stuff like this, I go back and remind myself what was going on instead of JUST remembering what I like or something.

BF3 had many launch issues, BF4 simply had worse launch issues and longer. BF3 was missing in game voice chat, had a server brower issue that lasted a few months, had performance issues in general with servers

I don't mean to be rude, we need to stop with this "I don't remember" we have google and this needs to be based on what factually happened vs what we "recall" or "remember" as shit I need to catch myself some times as I forget how some of those titles launch until I look back and slowly start to recall those issues as it has been 10 plus years.

BF1 and BFV might be some of the smoothest launches for the IP, 2042 has lots of issues I agree, but I'd argue they are fixing them faster then any other BF and have the ability to remove features in real time, not the smoothest, but I'd say thus far the best response we've seen to a BF launch with this many patches, updates and over 300 fixes. So they seem to have something planned to address issues knowing it would launch rocky like past BF titltes.

BFV didn't launch with too many issues and more so debated the whole TTK changes that happened around launch and minor things, its biggest controversy was the whole PR nightmare of "don't like it don't buy it" and from what we've seen, that is a difference of BFV doing 1 million or so a week and 2042 doing 4.2 million a week.

I'm sure EA is very much ok with that difference btw. So even with the issues being more so on 2042 vs BFV, with the sales and speedy response, I'm not too worried about it. If anything the whole exaggerated outrage will just get them to change and update certain things we don't like anyway lol

Again, I didn't say Battlefield 3 didn't have issues. I just don't remember them as prevalent as Battlefield 4's launch issues.

Battlefield 1 and V were just bad games to me. Didn't like them enough to stick around and notice its issues.

No matter how bad they launched, it doesn't excuse what they did with 2042. We should see the devs progressing, not vice versa.

Some of you are way too invested in defending this mess lol. Its a mess no matter how you cut it.

EDMIX

Again, I didn't say Battlefield 3 didn't have issues. I just don't remember them as prevalent as Battlefield 4's launch issues.

Battlefield 1 and V were just bad games to me. Didn't like them enough to stick around and notice its issues.

No matter how bad they launched, it doesn't excuse what they did with 2042. We should see the devs progressing, not vice versa.

Some of you are way too invested in defending this mess lol. Its a mess no matter how you cut it.

I don't see anything with BF1 or BFV to say its anything like BF4's launch. Something like "didn't like them enough" is a personal thing, its not addressing or talking about any exact objective issue.

I also agree with you on 2042 having issues as I literally say " 2042 has lots of issues ", so I don't see where you are getting this "defending this mess" from.

You seem to think one needs to bash it to discuss this or something lol I don't see any point to this odd either or that the gaming community is in love with aka Bash or defend, that shit is a MP game in and of itself lol

One can address those issues, acknowledge those issues while not "defending this mess" they need to patch, update and correct this and likely need to give real time for the next BF to avoid this. I don't really see anyone debating that btw.

Last edited:

Concern

I don't see anything with BF1 or BFV to say its anything like BF4's launch. Something like "didn't like them enough" is a personal thing, its not addressing or talking about any exact objective issue.

I also agree with you on 2042 having issues as I literally say " 2042 has lots of issues ", so I don't see where you are getting this "defending this mess" from.

You seem to think one needs to bash it to discuss this or something lol I don't see any point to this odd either or that the gaming community is in love with aka Bash or defend, that shit is a MP game in and of itself lol

One can address those issues, acknowledge those issues while not "defending this mess" they need to patch, update and correct this and likely need to give real time for the next BF to avoid this. I don't really see anyone debating that btw.

You lacking comprehension? Where did I say 1 or V were like 4?

I said they were bad games not buggy.

You've been playing defense force in anything even criticizing Battlefield lol. There's no "debate" just people trying to defend this with "bu bu bu Battlefield 4" and etc etc

KaiserBecks

I remember how hyped everyone and their grandmother was for BF3, it was heralded as the second coming of Jesus Christ. The trailers were fantastic and the graphics were incredible, they still look good to this day. Then it launched and everyone was disappointed. It's kind of puzzling how i see it way up high in top best Battlefield games these days wen i seriously remember it being a big dud. Apart from the original, Vietnam, Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, i can't recall a BF title that wasn't slammed by fans at release.

I'm not a fan because i don't play multiplayer anymore, but i'm seeing a pattern.

Unless you're talking about the gimped console versions, what you're saying has nothing to do with the reality. BF3 looked fantastic, was polished and played incredibly well. The PC version looks better than the PS4 version of Battlefield 4, the game was way ahead of its time. I have no idea why anyone would call it a big dud.

EDMIX

You lacking comprehension? Where did I say 1 or V were like 4?

I said they were bad games not buggy.

You've been playing defense force in anything even criticizing Battlefield lol. There's no "debate" just people trying to defend this with "bu bu bu Battlefield 4" and etc etc

I'm just telling you BF1 and BFV don't have issues like 4 did, never stated you made that statement.

Not everything is a fight...

I agree 2042 needs lots of patches and fixes, thats not defending anything lol

You just want it to be that to argue bud. You need everyone to bash, attack etc

Have a good one. =)

KaiserBecks KaiserBecks Agreed. Its launch had some issues, but I'd never call it a dud, but I believe they mean how launched as I recall lots bashing it. After a few months of updates for the server browser issue, it played just fine, but I did play on PC, I never owned the PS3 version.

so I say players are outraged over lots of things, its hard to measure what is real, exaggerated etc as over time, BF3, BF4 etc are beloved BF titles, but shit look at how people are trying to praise BFV now, where the fuck was that when it was first released? So its hard to really know how to take any of this as the community just has a history of greatly exaggerating everything. From the Bad Company with no PC version and can't go prone and single player added on aka "its call of dutiez now folks", only for BFBC2 to be a staple MP title that people now praise

So its hard to see how any of this will play out with only 1 month after a games release if people are legit praising BFV now.

Last edited:

hlm666

Did you watch that review, he went into things others havn't and it wasn't just technical issues. Game modes where attackers can't win because the objectives on a roof can't be capped because defense has multiple armored vehicles on the roof is pathetic. It's worse than how bad rush was in bf1 and 5. If a friend is playing you can't just join them, if you get in their game and manage to get on the same team (cause you can't change sides) and they were in a full squad you end up in another squad yeh big deal your gonna say just make a new squad and join it, oh wait you can't leave/create/join squads. This is pretty basic functionality battlefield players expect. It's very much like Anthem having similar problems playing with friends at launch, Anthems biggest problem was lack of content and performance and we have the same issue here.

The damage is done, even if they fix it all up they wont be able to relaunch it at full price, look at all the people who say things like i'll check it out in 5 months when it's 10 dollars. You could be right and I could be way too pessimistic, but it's EA and I could see them pivot into the titanfall universe with dice where they can add santa skins and hero mechanics without getting flak from the audience who wants a war game.

Mossybrew

Yeah Im glad I didnt buy this game. Got enough other games going, may check it out next year sometime when its under 20bux.

Unless you're talking about the gimped console versions, what you're saying has nothing to do with the reality. BF3 looked fantastic, was polished and played incredibly well. The PC version looks better than the PS4 version of Battlefield 4, the game was way ahead of its time. I have no idea why anyone would call it a big dud.

No, i was there being hyped for the release of BF3 as well because it was a numbered sequel to BF2. Unless i'm from an alternate reality, i remember the dud that came after its initial release and how disappointed fans were. Maybe i am referring to the console versions, i can't recall exactly. But i know it fell significantly short of what fans expected as a true sequel to BF2. I think it may have fallen victim to the hype back then. I definitely think it was the most hyped title in the entire franchise, and no Battlefield game came close to the hype pre BF3 release since.

tmlDan

EDMIX EDMIX what kind of a person are you to go into literally EVERY BF2042 thread and write whole ESSAYS defending this shitty game?

Like, thats really really sad. Are you atleast getting paid to do that??
At least he provides evidence to combat arguments when you guys just spew from ignorance.

I play everyday and the game isn't a complete mess like this hyperbolic thread.

Starfield

At least he provides evidence to combat arguments when you guys just spew from ignorance.

Im just saying he's wasting a huge proportion of his time. Nobody will suddenly agree with him and think the game is great. Just lots of time wasted man.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Some people just don't get it. Although other BF games were riddled with bugs at launch, but at least they had a solid foundation. BF2042 is not only riddled with bugs, but it's design philosophy is dog shit. I mean dog water as kids say these days.

Its trash by every possible measurement. Even the sound is terrible and BF always stand for incredible Sound. If you have the Audio Setup.

DeaDPo0L84

Im just saying he's wasting a huge proportion of his time. Nobody will suddenly agree with him and think the game is great. Just lots of time wasted man.
You again display your insane lack of logic. This can be applied to those who create threads and jump into every one to shit on the game when they aren't even playing it, to me that's even worst.

You're spending time on something you deem to not be worth your time yet you give it so much of it, you come across like a sour ex bf, just move on. At least someone like him is actually invested and playing the game he's discussing.

Last edited:

EDMIX

yeah i saw that review too and i can agree with all the points he has. Lets wait and see what happens.

Im playing BFV till than.

9,99 on origin btw! i highly recommend it

That is a classic BF that I feel will never get the respect it deserves because of all that crazy PR shit behind it. I felt the fortification system made a lot of sense as you are in a war and building trenches and defense is part of that. A lot didn't get to hear or get all of those positive aspects as they just bashed the game to death based on those PR statements. I like the mix of small and large maps, but people just cherry picked the small maps, scream it wasn't "real bf" and never looked back. It just never really got a fair chance based on that reveal, how it was marketed and how management dealt with those statements and the 18 months given to develop.

I am happy that after all of this, many are giving it a second look as I feel many missed out on a classic. Out side of the whole TTK thing, it launched pretty smooth, but the controversy was just too huge. Its ironic that it launched smoother then 2042, but sold less based controversy of story elements of a mode most don't even play, only to have that mode removed from 2042, yet 2042 have more issues then BFV, but sell 4x better in a week. Controversy hurt BFV, more then tech issues hurt 2042 on sales. That to me is very surprising.

Did you watch that review, he went into things others havn't and it wasn't just technical issues
I'm not disagreeing with those issues, simply that I don't see enough to make it sound like Mass Effect or Anthem as the game has just moved too many units to put it in that area, the game is being patched faster too which brings me to my next point.
. Game modes where attackers can't win because the objectives on a roof
That has been patched.

I'm not saying this was ok, I'm saying its weird to over react and make this doom and gloom idea based on a few weeks, we lived with BF4 server issue for over 7 to 8 months and the game turned out just fine over time. I just can't rate a game from a few weeks that I know is a MP game, I need those 200 to 400 hours to truly get a feel for how I'll see it stacked up with the other BF titles. As many BF titles started out with many issues like this, which brings me to my next point
If a friend is playing you can't just join them
^ That was an issue at launch with BF3, I couldn't join my friends, I had to literally go on the same server, switch teams, go in their squad etc That was later patched. I don't think I can play any BF titles based on what we review from the first week of any BF title. BF3 didn't have the server browser working, voice chat working, BF4 didn't have tons of shit working lol Yet those are games i put 400 plus hours in, but I rate them based on those years of playing it, not 1 week. I just can't do that on any MP title knowing how they'll update, get more content, patched....which brings me to my next point lol
Anthems biggest problem was lack of content and performance and we have the same issue here.
^ I agree greatly, but it was also a new IP, sold worse and was more so an MMO. I agree content is an issue, but quality is a bigger one. We are even talking about 2042 for the state that it released in, not solely the content count alone.

If I had to pick, I'd rather have them delay this game, thus I'd rather have them delay that content and GET IT RIGHT instead of rush it out to get more sales at full price as it will feel cheap, rushed and tone deaf, which....brings me to my next point.
even if they fix it all up they wont be able to relaunch it at full price
I don't believe they ever had some intention to sell this at full price, no BF stays full price and has no history of ever doing that. They'll do a bunch of sales to increase the user base like they always do, probably come out with some gold, GOTY lol, ULTIMATE etc edition or something. I'm 99% sure they did that with BFV.

(ok it was called BFV 2nd year edition) it was 49.99 aka not full price. If EA can have a game move about 1 million in its first week compared to 3 or 4 million and still put it out the next year at 49.99 as some "2nd year edition) and they still moved 9 million units, I feel the 2042 stuff is waaaay over blown as I don't even see it as bad as what we saw from BFV in terms of negative response, low sales etc. Not enough to worry or make it sound like Mass Effect or Anthem, if BFV can live from all that shit, 2042 is simply not in that ball park, its moved too much millions.
You could be right and I could be way too pessimistic, but it's EA

I mean, I agree its EA...but we have a blueprint for what they are ok with, what can cause them to leave a game behind etc and we've seen worse and still got BFV support.

I could see them pivot into the titanfall universe

Maybe, but I see EA as wanting both pieces of the pie on this one, they'll want the BF user base and Titanfall user base.

Agreed, but I don't even know what to tell him.

He made a thread to talk about this, gets mad that someone is talking about it and providing data to question some of those points.

this very same person is so hyperbolic, they literally stated BF2042 was 100x better then BFV from playing it a few times, now its 100x the worst game in history.... but if someone is going to say this type of weird shit in such a short time frame, how can any of the things they say be believe with such an exaggerated, knee jerk reaction to everything? The person can't have a measured response, they want you to react to something vs understand the context and provide evidence, its like they just want the hot take on it, they don't want any real discussion regarding any of this, yet they made the thread. So you know you did something right when in their own thread they now don't want to discuss their topic lol =)

You again display your insane lack of logic. This can be applied to those who create threads and jump into every one to shit on the game when they aren't even playing it, to me that's even worst.

You're spending time on something you deem to not be worth your time yet you give it so much of it, you come across like a sour ex bf, just move on. At least someone like him is actually invested and playing the game he's discussing.

Agreed, I even kept from giving any type of full breakdown of the game until I've put in a decent number of hours and with lots of patches. I can't just tell someone "BEST BF EVER" I can't tell them "WORST BF EVERZ", who knows at this point and I don't want to give a knee jerk reaction. Even in favor of 2042, it needs patches, it needs work, it needs updates, but that can be stated about all BFs that have ever released, I simply can't tell someone don't buy this BF or that BF based on a few weeks. I need to have more hands on time with it, a few months and we'll see how it stacks up against other BF titles.

I give such responses like this because they might be long, but their not knee jerk reactions telling you its "100x better then BFV". I don't think anyone should listen to such wild responses for or against this early in a MP games life.

ymoc

5LvSgO8.jpg

We're in free fall guys.

But! New skin's just dropped.
This is exactly what fans have been crying for! Game about to get crackin' again!
JxvvOik.jpg

dance baby GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
5LvSgO8.jpg

We're in free fall guys.

But! New skin's just dropped.
This is exactly what fans have been crying for! Game about to get crackin' again!
JxvvOik.jpg

dance baby GIF
Exec: Our 2042 numbers are dropping? What should we do?

Marketing manager: We project big boosts if we release John Cena wearing a lumberjack shirt and a Bayou Billy hat.

Exec: You're fir....... I mean, let's do it. The exec team is desperate.

Got my steam refund finally…had to write an essay on why the game is broken and resubmitted about 5 times but got there in the end….6 hours of playtime

This game is a good year to 2 years off being fixed imo in the current environment and that’s if they bother to fix it

Bring on a new bad company game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Microsoft Store’s list of the 50 most played Xbox games in the US no longer features EA‘s latest shooter.

It doesn’t fare much better on the UK list, where it’s sitting at 44th place, which is uncharacteristically low for a Battlefield game.

Despite having been released less than two months ago, the game is now played less than such titles as For Honor, Marvel’s Avengers and Star Wars Battlefront.

Even some games that have since been surpassed by sequels, such as FIFA 21 and Forza Horizon 4, appear higher in the UK list than Battlefield 2042.

Holy moly, just how terrible is this game?
It's not a battlefield game.

Last edited:

Shmunter

The Microsoft Store’s list of the 50 most played Xbox games in the US no longer features EA‘s latest shooter.

It doesn’t fare much better on the UK list, where it’s sitting at 44th place, which is uncharacteristically low for a Battlefield game.

Despite having been released less than two months ago, the game is now played less than such titles as For Honor, Marvel’s Avengers and Star Wars Battlefront.

Even some games that have since been surpassed by sequels, such as FIFA 21 and Forza Horizon 4, appear higher in the UK list than Battlefield 2042.
Holy moly, just how terrible is this game?

STARSBarry

Gold Member

No dude you don't get it, its just got a few minor issues like BF 3, 4, 1 and V. It's just haters, next week they will bring out a patch that fixes everything and the game will get a billion players because its so good and its just haters saying its crap.

Yo ResetEraVetVIP ResetEraVetVIP I got your reply covered buddy. 👌

Got my steam refund finally…had to write an essay on why the game is broken and resubmitted about 5 times but got there in the end….6 hours of playtime

This game is a good year to 2 years off being fixed imo in the current environment and that’s if they bother to fix it

Bring on a new bad company game

The issue is that despite popular belief not every Battlefield recovers, Battlefield Free2play an often forgotten experiment which was essentially a Free 2 play version of the console versions of BF2 on PC didn't pan out, Hardline is the most recent example. Sometimes BF experiments with its core game loop and it never recovers, even if most of the time it does. However 2+ years of support is not a guarantee it will be a success in the end.

Will BF2042 be a better game in a years time? Undoubtly. Will it be worth playing with its core gameplay loop based around specialists? Now that's not guaranteed.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
If im corect bf game always have issue at launch

Player number usually grows overtime after several patches

Same story with bf 1 and 5

Anyway hows the players numbers now

Last edited:

EDMIX

The issue is that despite popular belief not every Battlefield recovers, Battlefield Free2play an often forgotten experiment which was essentially a Free 2 play version of the console versions of BF2 on PC didn't pan out, Hardline is the most recent example. Sometimes BF experiments with its core game loop and it never recovers, even if most of the time it does.

Agreed. Their free to play efforts have been horrid, but with APEX being a success, maybe they feel Zampella can do something they couldn't before, we had a rumor about free to play before 2042 even came out, so I think they had plans for it for a while and knowing Zampella would take over probably had a lot to do with that move happening that way.

So i'd say, focus on what APEX did right as to why they are talking about free to play now, don't focus on what they did with the last versions of BF free to play attempts as that might not be relevant to EA today, as of 2022. So who knows how this game will recover, if free to play will factor as for all we know free to play BF isn't even anything to do with this game.

I also agree that not all BF's recover, but I believe this BF is in good hands with the new leadership.

However 2+ years of support is not a guarantee it will be a success in the end.

Will BF2042 be a better game in a years time? Undoubtly. Will it be worth playing with its core gameplay loop based around specialists? Now that's not guaranteed.

Agreed. I believe it will get that 2 years of support as we've seen worse titles in terms of sales get that support, 2042 being one of the fastest selling BFs sounds like they intend to support that base.

Worth playing with the concept around specialist?

79y972ljtkh41.png

shiiiiiiiit I don't know about allll dat now lol

That needs to be completely rebooted, but I believe it can be done.

1. It already exist optional within Portal.
2. BFV has a concept like that in which EA was still able to do MTX for cosmetics, thus it can be optional, not forced and they still can make money.
3. Lock the class, not the character. As in, they can just have it where Someone with a sentry can only have this or that. With them having exclusive abilities, it would mean more "classes" , so someone who picks medic can have that gun that can shoot health and a med pack

As in you can pick between theses 2

z7b0yyf0i5s71.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

but you don't need to play her, to have that, you can just have any person and they are simply a avatar.

Battlefield-2042-Falck-Specialist.jpg

So I'm sure it can be done and probably should be for the longevity of the IP, but if Zampella wants to make some logical changes and move the team on to a new BF, I'm ok with that too. I'm generally ok with BFs trying out new things even if they fall, I'd rather have that then some copy and paste formula. Some things make sense in 2042, most doesn't, so I'd rather they take what worked and put it in a new BF and forget the rest.

B Beechos lol nahhhh just stop. this stuff is cringe. I like BF4 and its one of my favorite MP shooters, but even I wouldn't give it any GOTY type award just cause it was in a new engine. I'd give that to a game doing something different, new, unique etc, I simply couldn't entertain that solely based on me liking BF4. Shit COD4 move MORE units then BF4, was remastered, MOST didn't give a shit. The fact that so little even play BF4 right now goes to show that what you and I like personally, doens't really mean much to the overall majority.

So I'll celebrate with you gladly when BF4 is added to Portal and we can rejoice.

Have a good one.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Re-Release BF4 with HD Boost, FPS Boost and ray tracing (meh). Then make new DLC for it.

pretend 2042 never happened.

$$$$$

nahhhhh

BF3's life time sales to my understanding is more then BF4 (likely based on the rocky launch) and even that game literally being in 2042, isn't helping 2042 all that much, so I have some doubts lol

So based on how they are doing now, you are probably more like to see BF4 redone for Portal as an add on or some other Portal in the future, then you are BF4 alone and I'd argue that is probably better then even "new DLC" as at least in Portal you'd be able to play with those BF4 rules, on other maps.... So i think that might be far more likely then ever getting new DLC for BF4 or it being remade solely etc.

I'd even tell you its a day 1 for me if they made Portal 2 a full game where it was like all of BF3, BF4, Bad Company 1 and 2 etc, but even I question how many really would care outside of the biggest BF4 fans. I just don't have that much faith that too many really care outside of us lol I was shocked to hear how little COD4 remaster sold and then I realized how long it was, how few really played that game that would buy a remaster and how many jump on only the newest stuff etc. We don't make up as much as you think.

TwinB242

I've been a BF player forever and I can't believe people still hate the specialists. Gameplay wise (skins, models, cheesy quips not included) they're honestly a great addition. There are more different play styles than ever before, and more flexibility when it comes to how you customize your loadout. People always complained about the strict weapon restrictions in past games, and now you can pick whoever you want while equipping whatever weapon you want.

A few tweaks and they can be made even better. Some of the gadgets should be shuffled around to increase the potential teamplay contribution of some of the specialists (for example the repair tool should be made one of the default gadgets for the engineer specialists to better highlight their role in repairing vehicles, like the engineer class in previous games) changes like that would be small but would have a noticeable effect on the overall gameplay. And then obviously the quips need to be removed, or changed so they better fit the overall tone and setting.

If they iron this stuff out then I would be completely fine with specialists being a permanent addition to the series. In fact going back to the traditional class system would feel like a downgrade especially if they retain the same weapon restrictions.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
nahhhhh

BF3's life time sales to my understanding is more then BF4 (likely based on the rocky launch) and even that game literally being in 2042, isn't helping 2042 all that much, so I have some doubts lol

So based on how they are doing now, you are probably more like to see BF4 redone for Portal as an add on or some other Portal in the future, then you are BF4 alone and I'd argue that is probably better then even "new DLC" as at least in Portal you'd be able to play with those BF4 rules, on other maps.... So i think that might be far more likely then ever getting new DLC for BF4 or it being remade solely etc.

I'd even tell you its a day 1 for me if they made Portal 2 a full game where it was like all of BF3, BF4, Bad Company 1 and 2 etc, but even I question how many really would care outside of the biggest BF4 fans. I just don't have that much faith that too many really care outside of us lol I was shocked to hear how little COD4 remaster sold and then I realized how long it was, how few really played that game that would buy a remaster and how many jump on only the newest stuff etc. We don't make up as much as you think.
in my absolute rage and sadness about how 2042 turned out, I forgot about Portal and the potential it had.

Top Bottom