• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 Deluxe edition cross account compatibility

Kerotan

This question covers more then just the new battlefield but since it's announced today I'll use it as my example.

If you buy the deluxe or ultimate edition you get 4 season passes plus a few cosmetics.

If you buy this on your American account but plan to play on an EU account will the seasons be unlocked or are they tied to the American account. I know the game itself will work but I'm not so sure about the passes.

Another question, is the 10% EA play discount temporary or will it be like that the month before release?

If you sub now for just 1 month of EA play you can get 10% but if you don't renew next month will you still get the week early access?

EA play discount is there permanently, unless you stop subscribing, so if you buy the game as a member of EA play you'll get it 10% cheaper, when your subscription ends you'll still have the game already purchased so it doesn't matter. You only get early access to launch if you pre order the Gold or Ultimate edition if you do not have EA Play.

Kerotan

EA play discount is there permanently, unless you stop subscribing, so if you buy the game as a member of EA play you'll get it 10% cheaper, when your subscription ends you'll still have the game already purchased so it doesn't matter. You only get early access to launch if you pre order the Gold or Ultimate edition if you do not have EA Play.
So if you want to get the early access without the expensive editions you could pre order it at the beginning of October along with a month of EA play. So you'll get the standard edition slightly cheaper and the early access thanks to your month EA play sub.

I was going to buy the $100 gold edition and play it on my EU account but I'm afraid the season passes will only unlock and work on the American account.

So now I'll probably just get the standard edition on my USA account and maybe I'll buy 1 season when the game launches or might just skip it all together.

Boss Mog

If you buy the digital version off of the US store the game and its dlc will be registered to the US account. If you buy a US physical version, the dlc will most likely come in the form of a code that will only work on US accounts and once used will be tied to that account.

So if you want to get the early access without the expensive editions you could pre order it at the beginning of October along with a month of EA play. So you'll get the standard edition slightly cheaper and the early access thanks to your month EA play sub.

I was going to buy the $100 gold edition and play it on my EU account but I'm afraid the season passes will only unlock and work on the American account.

So now I'll probably just get the standard edition on my USA account and maybe I'll buy 1 season when the game launches or might just skip it all together.
Why don't you just subscribe to EA Play Pro in October for $15 and just play the game instead of dropping $100 without being sure if it's gonna work on your different accounts?

Kerotan

Why don't you just subscribe to EA Play Pro in October for $15 and just play the game instead of dropping $100 without being sure if it's gonna work on your different accounts?
EA play Pro isn't on PlayStation. I think I'm just going to buy the $70 version off the US store and forget about the season pass. Maybe I'll just buy the first. It's only cosmetic after all.

Top Bottom