• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042’s tech test is cancelled on PS5 due to ‘critical issue’, as Xbox invites dispatched

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned

INVITE-ONLY PLAYTEST STARTED ON PC THIS WEEK

The PS5 test was called off at the last minute due to “a critical issue” related to the game build, DICE’s lead community manager Adam Freeman said on Friday.

The invite-only test has been running on PC since Thursday, and invites are now going out to Xbox players who registered for EA Playtesting, DICE’s Freeman said.

“We’ve been testing our builds in the background on console ahead of the Crossplay testing this weekend,” he wrote on Twitter.

“We’ve already identified a Critical issue with our submitted build on PlayStation 5 and have notified folks that we will not be testing on PlayStation 5 this weekend.

“Thanks to folks on PlayStation who initially signed up, keep an eye on the EA Playtesting website for any future playtests we might do.”

Freeman added that DICE has had “a great first 48 hours so far on PC” during the opening sessions of the technical test.

“We successfully tested our server scaling and got a lot of new positive data back from people stressing our closed network for the first time,” he wrote. “Thanks to everyone for jumping on so far.”

The technical playtests were originally scheduled to take place in July but were delayed to give DICE the opportunity to test the game’s recently announced cross-play functionality.

Testing will accommodate “a few thousand participants” ahead of wider testing in an open beta scheduled for September.

Battlefield 2042 gameplay footage from the technical test leaked online on Friday.

The standard edition of Battlefield 2042 is set to release on October 22, 2021 priced at $59.99 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, and $69.99 for Xbox Series X/S and PS5.

However, players who choose to pre-order the Battlefield 2042 Gold Edition for $89.99 on PC and $99.99 on consoles, or the Battlefield 2042 Ultimate Edition for $109.99 on PC and $119.99 on consoles, will receive early access to the game beginning on October 15.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
rPa4rZq.gif

theHFIC

When I see that gay flag next to his name…idk man, chances of me buying this game decrease a notch.

It just doesn’t go with militaristic shooters, sorry.
We’re talking about the militaristic shooter where you can eject out of a jet midair, shoot someone with an imaginary future sniper rifle or future rocket launcher (also midair) and then parachute onto another jet (most likely in the air too), commandeering it, right?

We’re talking about the militaristic shooter where you can eject out of a jet midair, shoot someone with an imaginary future sniper rifle or future rocket launcher (also midair) and then parachute onto another jet (most likely in the air too), commandeering it, right?
Well, it is the game set in future, almost 30 year from now, isn’t it? They’re imagining how weapons and technology will evolve by then.

And the feat that you’re describing is very difficult to do, it was always Battlefield thing, more like a meme. Doesn’t hurt anyone or realism factor (because it’s so rare).

Last edited:

theHFIC

Well, it is the game set in future, almost 30 year from now, isn’t it? They’re imagining how weapons and technology will evolve by then.

And the feat that you’re describing is very difficult to do, it was always Battlefield thing, more like a meme. Doesn’t hurt anyone or realism factor (because it’s so rare).
Thank you for the clarification. For a moment I thought that the militaristic shooter where you can teleport World War 2 soldiers into a battle with 2042 future soldiers to see who would win in a battle was going to be thrown all off kilter because of an emoji in someone’s name on a social media platform.

Outlier

Well I know which version I'm NOT buying.

I actually do want to try it, but my PC is not where I want it to be. Will have to wait for the next-gen graphics cards. :^(

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
When I see that gay flag next to his name…idk man, chances of me buying this game decrease a notch.

Because, gay people and/or people who support lgbt cant make military games or be in the military right.....right?

On Topic
Atleast they caught the issue before sending it out because people dont understand what a tech test is and would have been up in arms.
Dont sign up for tests if you dont understand what a test actually is.
Instead of outright hating, report the issues you find back to DICE so they can fix them.
Feedback from these tests is much more important than simply hating on the game/studio as a whole without giving any constructive critiscim that the studio can try fix before launch.

I wonder how long the validation period is for Playstation as they need to submit another build because we really do need to check their Crossplay options im still praying they allow a console only crossplay.

cormack12

Gold Member
Saw this yesterday, I got my preorder on my ps5 as well. I figure if the option for opt out of crossplay with PC is there, it gives me the best chance of having the highest population. Bit weird to have technical issue, with it being a weekend and having crossplay etc. I can only think of it being network related - either communications or config

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
EA has been up to shenanigans lately.... just a while back it was an issue with F1, now BF2042.

EA has always been in bed with Xbox and it's very suspicious with these issues lately while every other developer has been pretty much fine apart from the rare one off minor issue.
I think you are on to something, EA are clearly big braining this shit.....best way to test crossplay across platforms is to not test crossplay across platforms.
Considering BF sells and retains players longer on Playstation the best thing to do is make sure the Playstation version is the one they dont test.

conspiracy_600.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
I think you are on to something, EA are clearly big braining this shit.....best way to test crossplay across platforms is to not test crossplay across platforms.
Considering BF sells and retains players longer on Playstation the best thing to do is make sure the Playstation version is the one they dont test.

conspiracy_600.jpg

I try to come up with at least one conspiracy theory per day....

Zeroing

Banned
Go look into the previous console generation and you’ll see EA and MS always been partners, between the nonsense I’ve read here the most plausible cause was EA spending their resources on Xbox and neglecting the PS version. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true.

FingerBang

What is Sony doing FFS? First Abandoned, now Battlefield? Where does it stop?

Exactly! I don't want to be forced to suck dicks in the games I play! What? I don't have to? What? The sexuality of that dude has nothing to do with the game? Oh, I guess I'm okay with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom