• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Trilogy for Nintendo Switch delayed on December 1, 2023

Whoops! Can a mod move this to the gaming section? Tysm!

F7exXV2WMAAyDl9

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I know, right? No point in getting a physical copy when you basically have to download everything anyway..
dafuq? Really? Ehh...

Still...the Switch is the only current console I have right now, so I'll probably run with it. If I get all three games for the price of one, why the heck not. They look good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

proandrad

No red flags here. I’m sure only delaying this game till December 1st to make the holiday season, is just enough time to fix the issues.
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

nowhat

This shit's older than a Foghat concert.
Doesn't mean it's not true.

(seriously, even if Switch 2 wouldn't offer BC it would not be the thing that keeps me from buying it, but if Nintendo still keeps being allergic to any form of anti-aliasing they can fuck right off)

Last edited:

Trilobit

Great games! I recently played them and I hope this is a good version of the games. The third game had crazy amount of bugs on my PS5 compared to 1 and 2 so that will probably be true for Switch too.

If the Switch version of Asylum is based on the 360 version instead of the Remaster then I may be interested in it just because the custom baked in lighting looks better than whatever the Remaster has. Also playing Asylum on Series X is weird because it caps at 45fps, which is jarring, and I rather just play at solid 30 (assuming 60 is not in the cards on Switch).

Can’t imagine Knight won’t be anything other than a shit show but I’d love to be proven wrong.

Well, can at least resell after inevitably Knight runs like shit. 😂😉
Yeah, there's that at least. In my case though I just don't see any point in picking it up as I don't intend to resell my physical games, at least not in the short to medium future.
Anyway, very curious how Arkham Knight will run on the Switch though. XD

Last edited:

MrA

Doesn't mean it's not true.

(seriously, even if Switch 2 wouldn't offer BC it would not be the thing that keeps me from buying it, but if Nintendo still keeps being allergic to any form of anti-aliasing they can fuck right off)
Switch versions of city and asylum will probably be 1080p and more stable than the ps360 versions. I know some people seem to think the switch is on par with the vita, but its basically a pro version of ps3/360 docked

Kilau

Switch versions of city and asylum will probably be 1080p and more stable than the ps360 versions. I know some people seem to think the switch is on par with the vita, but its basically a pro version of ps3/360 docked
Yes those two should be great if any effort was put into them. Knight will be another story just because the game doesn’t run particularly well on any platform, maybe PC if it got fixed.

lmimmfn

Delayed cos its running like crap most likely.

No offence to switch folk, this is a good thing that it may get more care.

MrA

Yes those two should be great if any effort was put into them. Knight will be another story just because the game doesn’t run particularly well on any platform, maybe PC if it got fixed.
it'll have problems, but can't be worse than gotham knights

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

You’d think they‘d bring it to ps5 and xsx first, easier to do (getting Arkham Knight running on Switch can’t be easy), probably sell better cause you ain’t getting a compromised version of Arkham Knight (although the previous games should run just fine), the obvious resolution and framerate benefits, plus 50+ GBs isn’t a big deal for current gen consoles. I guess the decision to do this was before PS5 sales grew substantially.

Top Bottom