• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banjo-Kazooie Remastered (Fan Recreation) | SPIRAL MOUNTAIN

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Spiral Mountain is a world featured in every game in the Banjo-Kazooie series to date, which gets its name from the large spiral-shaped mountain at its center. The level is Banjo and Kazooie's homeland, and the former homeland of their nemesis Gruntilda Winkybunion. Players start off here in all of the games, and the level generally functions as a tutorial for new players, teaching them basic controls and moves to help them through the game.

ZehDon

Not a fan of the colours; too "Unreal Engine" muted for my tastes. The original game's vibrancy was more than a little bit of its charm:
2834d52bcb83f6cbc21f5abb398a1def.png

Last edited:

freefornow

Neat!
But is it too much to ask for a MS Studios developer to come up with one decent 3d platformer for these current gen machines?! (And no, i dont class Psychonauts 2 as a 3D platformer).
I dont have any usefull suggestions (which is part of the problem) but I would take a new BK game.
If Ratchet can make a splash with a current gen iteration, try something similar with Banjo. Not Nuts and Bolts (that was great in its own right, but not a 3d platformer). Just a proper Banjo game with tweaks to modernise.

Apologies, didnt mean to rant (or hijack thread), it's just something that has been on my mind recently (decent 3d Platformer to play on xbox).

kiphalfton

Realistic Spiral Mountain was already attempted in Nuts & Bolts back in 2008. While it looked good, it lost a lot of the original charm with the new art style.

Yeah it does look pretty soulless. I think the big thing that lends itself to that though is the lack of NPC's, wildlife, etc. Also sometimes making a level too big takes away as well. I think with Nuts & Bolts they had to make it more spread out, to accomodate vehicle navigation (not that anybody asked for the game to be vehicle centric).

Codes 208

The first couple of tech demoes he posted were cool but now theyre looking very same-y, which par the course for unreal fan demoes

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well made I suppose, but BK shouldn't have this realistic style. Stuff can be cartoony but still look modern, like Rift Apart, which looks far better than this.

Knightime_X

Another kid having fun with unreal engine I see. Looks the same as the million of others, bad, very very bad!
It's really not bad though, just an art style you don't necessarily care for.
Personally I would go for a more plastic / metallic / psuedo-retro look.
Some art styles look terrible for some games but perfect for others.

Top Bottom