• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco confirm it's been hacked

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/bandai-namco-has-been-hacked/

Bandai Namco has confirmed claims that its servers have been hacked and confidential information has been acquired. Earlier this week a ransomware group called ALPHV claimed to have “ransomed Bandai Namco”, suggesting it had acquired confidential files.

Now, in a statement provided to VGC, the Pac-Man, Tekken and Dark Souls publisher has confirmed that it was indeed hacked. “On July 3, 2022, Bandai Namco Holdings Inc. confirmed that it experienced an unauthorized access by third party to the internal systems of several Group companies in Asian regions (excluding Japan),” the statement reads.

“After we confirmed the unauthorized access, we have taken measures such as blocking access to the servers to prevent the damage from spreading.

“In addition, there is a possibility that customer information related to the Toys and Hobby Business in Asian regions (excluding Japan) was included in the servers and PCs, and we are currently identifying the status about existence of leakage, scope of the damage, and investigating the cause. “We will continue to investigate the cause of this incident and will disclose the investigation results as appropriate. We will also work with external organizations to strengthen security throughout the Group and take measures to prevent recurrence.

Original Leaked image (reported as FAKE)

Bandai-Namco-640x278.jpg

Draugoth

Gold Member
So...this is NOT fake Then? This is confusing lol.

The original post on 4chan said they would drop the slides when possible. Also it's common devs to use images from the internet at early development stages, old art etc for internal viewing and brainstorming.

Anyway it's mostly likely fake.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
real or not half the stuff on that list is basically already confirmed or has been strongly hinted at by trusted sources

SJRB

Gold Member
Still can't get over how dumb that name for the Elden Ring dlc is.

"Barbarians of the Badlands", lmao.

Rykan

So...this is NOT fake Then? This is confusing lol.
The image is fake. Regardless of fanboy fantasies, publishers don't actually have random release schedules with cool looking logos of unannounced games laying around.

Last edited:
That doesn't bode well for Blue Protocol. Was it sent back to the drawing board?

Edit: too dumb to read. So it's all up in the air still.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
OH SHIT! THAT MEANS THAT SHITTY OFF SCREEN PICTURE LEAK WAS REAL.

edit: fuck me. had my hopes up for nothing.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Man i want XV3 to be real. That gamestyle with maybe fighterz’s cel-shading with all dlc characters from 2 available off the bat would be amazing.

Though i would rather the lobby to be based on dragon ball fusions

Reactions: Isa

STARSBarry

Gold Member
That image is fake. Outside of other things being pointed out, that logo for “Tales of Ascension” is apparently some kind of “hentai tattoo.”

A tramp stamp? It's fitting actually.

I wish they restored the old logo just for laughs, the new one sucks balls.

It's literally this

e8873c9df9f93ee60cb8d56983438e01.jpg

Which is the third image that showed up when I googled "womb tattoo". So unless the next tales games has you impregnating succubus as a game mechanic I don't think it's going to be real.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
I was hoping that Code Vein 2 was real. And Cyber Sleuth 2, the first game was very enjoyable. And DBXV3. And Armored Core, man Bandai Namco is one of my favorite publishers, not always bangers but very enjoyable for me and fill the B-AA tier nicely with quality titles. Hope they don't suffer to bad to the hack.

Man I want another Code Vein so bad.

I was hoping that Code Vein 2 was real. And Cyber Sleuth 2, the first game was very enjoyable. And DBXV3. And Armored Core, man Bandai Namco is one of my favorite publishers, not always bangers but very enjoyable for me and fill the B-AA tier nicely with quality titles. Hope they don't suffer to bad to the hack.

Man I want another Code Vein so bad.
I mean, I would say Code Vein 2 is very, very likely to happen. God Eater has had 2 sequels and Code Vein sold better than any God Eater game.

That being said, I personally thought CV was easily the worst Souls-like game I’ve ever played so, uh, hoping for a lot more improvements in the sequel.

Reactions: Isa

levyjl1988

Banned
This is really pissing me off. Is the image confirmed to be a fake or not?
If it is fake what evidence does one have to support such a thing?
People calling out that it's a fake are giving no supplied evidence.

Edit: Never mind saw the womb tattoo. Ok definitely fake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom