As usual, I won’t be divulging my source.
Almost forgot : first gameplay at VGA. Release April 2020.
- Most of the combat is built upon the foundation of Souls series.
- The powers you get from the bosses are integrated to combos like the prosthetic in Sekiro but for all weapons.
- Some of those can also be used in the open world to open new path much like in Zelda.
- « FP » bar like is used and it is part of the new burn mechanic. Using these powers burns your arms until they become ashes. Your arms can also be cut by ennemies if burned to a certain degree. You can use mechanical arms as a weaker replacement.
- Limbs are dropped by ennemies but only some can be used as replacement for your arm. Most of the others are rotten or already burned. They can also be offered to « covenants ».
- Resting at specific « altar » fully recovers your arms.
- Stealth-kills allow to recover a bit from the burns.
- Specific skills like crouch, swim, dive, power stance, dash, crafting herbs, magic, dual wield, parry, deflect, climb, hiding in the environnement, faith, drain, roll, super armor, high jump, awareness, knowledge
- Skill trees with different paths.
- The skills attributed depend on your starting class. You obtain some skills during the game depending on your build by using skill points.
- Your arms are a new « mechanic » as well.
- There is a « hand » command.
- You have to sheath your weapon to use the Hand command.
- Grab and launch objects (interrupters, levers, rocks...), push rocks, inspect the walls and manually push blocks by using both the joystick and the grab command.
- No indication to what you can or can’t grab/push. By that I mean no text when you stand in front of a lever to activate it.
Maybe more later.
Forgive my ignorance and laziness with google foo but do MS have the advertising rights to this one? I can’t remember?
No deal, but Phil visited FromSoftware during his Japan trip.Forgive my ignorance and laziness with google foo but do MS have the advertising rights to this one? I can’t remember?
What a waste of money all the souls heads will be buying PS5. The only meaningful move would an exclusive for souls heads. Gives me a bathroom break when i watch the show later that day.Yes, exclusive marketing rights.
Yes, but what other developer from Namco would MS want to do marketing deals for?What a waste of money all the souls heads will be buying PS5. The only meaningful move would an exclusive for souls heads. Gives me a bathroom break when i watch the show later that day.
Zero marketing deals for non exclusives use that money to buy studios or exclusives. It won't sell one extra copy or series x consoles. These are ultra hardcore fans marketing to them is foolhardy. These fans know ill get it for my PS5 or PC they are not going to be tricked by a marketing deal. If namco wants a marketing deal caugh up an exclusive 8 hour expansion or something that sells copies-consoles. Microsoft can pay for the costs associated with expansion sure but it is worth then.Yes, but what other developer from Namco would MS want to do marketing deals for?
Most other Namco games are either Sony exclusives or very JP orientated.
"Souls" are the ones with most appeal to the west, even if they sell more on Sony platforms, and if the marketing deal sells a few more Xbox copies it's a win for both parties (Namco doesn't care about the Sony-MS share of sales as long as it sells and free advertising is free advertising!).
That Instagram account looks totally legit. Very trustworthy. Time to get hyped!
Leaked XSX specs and now XSX/XSS price if that helps you.Not so reliable anymore