• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 hits Steam Early Access in August

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Looks like the early access release date will be revealed during the live show in about an hour, not the early access itself:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Yep it's a release date announcement, not the actual release. I really hope they don't decide to release it in October or November.

Metnut

What exactly does early access mean?

Does it mean you get the full game, only earlier than the release date? Or is it more like a public beta test?

dev says early access will have a variety of areas on the surface world and in hell.

20+ hours content

you can only level your char up to lev 4 but that's more than it sounds because DnD rules

5 party companions

multiplayer in EA confirmed 4 player

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I really want to play this. Don't know anything about the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2 was fun.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I really want to play this. Don't know anything about the Dungeons and Dragons universe. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance on PS2 was fun.
And you dare to have a Thalsa Doom avatar? :p

I suggest you play the original Dark Alliance games, or if you're in the mood for something more arcade-y, try Neverinter Online. It's free.

If you're itching for emulation (DOSBox, Abandonware), try Dark Sun Wake of the Ravager, or Temple of Elemental Evil.

Dr_Salt

The only reason I won't do it is because I want the full experience, and I want to create characters which are not yet available on EA (i.e. Dragonborn Paladin).

I think I will wait for the steam reviews. If its a high 80 or above I think I will have no choice but to purchase the EA. I do wanna wait for the full experience but the hype is killing me.

Mister Wolf

And you dare to have a Thalsa Doom avatar? :p

I suggest you play the original Dark Alliance games, or if you're in the mood for something more arcade-y, try Neverinter Online. It's free.

If you're itching for emulation (DOSBox, Abandonware), try Dark Sun Wake of the Ravager, or Temple of Elemental Evil.

I'm a oddball. I game on PC but I exclusively use a controller so alot of games are gated from me. Good thing this game will have controller support.

ZZZZ

Nice EA date, going to give me plenty of time to play Wasteland 3 with my friends, then we move on to BG3 EA and hopefully it will get me closer to CP2077.

they updated system requirements on steam page

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i5-4690 / AMD FX 4350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 780 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: The minimum requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i7 4770k / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX580
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: The recommended requirements might decrease over the course of Early Access, as performance improves.

Tschumi

I just can't get jazzed for this. I wanted BG3 to be a continuation of BG, not a BG skin of Divinity 2. Ah well, enough's been said on combat systems in previous threads. I'm sure this is a great game, but I couldn't bring myself to play more than an hour or two of Divinity 2 and I don't think I'll be able to put much time into this.

ZZZZ

I just can't get jazzed for this. I wanted BG3 to be a continuation of BG, not a BG skin of Divinity 2. Ah well, enough's been said on combat systems in previous threads. I'm sure this is a great game, but I couldn't bring myself to play more than an hour or two of Divinity 2 and I don't think I'll be able to put much time into this.
I'm confused, why do people say BG3 is a reskin of Divinity 2?

This looks nothing like Divinity.

As a divinity fan who also played the baldur's games back in the day, this looks like some divinity-ass divinity to me. And I couldn't be happier.

It's their engine, it's turn-based combat, gameplay hud during exploration looks similar too. They even got pet pal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Try this one. It looks incredibly similar.

Obviously running on mostly the same tech, but also very similar art style and lighting as well as similar interface elements and gameplay.

I love Divinity: Original Sin 2, so I'm excited, but it just doesn't feel like Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom