• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldurs Gate 3 has the worst character models i've seen outside of Switch games, and is the ugliest game of the generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Wow :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Outside of Switch games,

Can you show me something more ugly looking than this? This is supposed to be a Current-gen only game? How was this given the green light for release? What the fuck? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What is going on this gen?
Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-10-47-PM.png
Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-10-01-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-10-16-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-11-58-PM.png

Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-11-20-PM.png

This looks like a top tier PS3 game - and if you think im being hyperbolic...

zp-185639_God-of-War-III_2010_01-15-10_03.jpg

zp-185640_God-of-War-III_2010_01-15-10_04.jpg

Last edited:

LakeOf9

Who cares. Its inexcusable. It looks like a top tier PS3 game and im not even being hyperbolic.
“Who cares” is my exact response to your nonsense in the OP

It’s a fucking cRPG. You don’t play them so you can look at the pores on your characters’ faces, go play Uncharted for that.

Believe it or not, there is more to games than how they look, and the big issue with you and a lot of other modern day console “gamers” is that you seem to conflate how a game looks with how good it is.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It's been a bit since I loaded it up, but I recall it looking quite nice on PC and not like the screenshots you posted above. Also I'm wondering how far behind the PS builds are because I'm guessing it was a low priority due to the fact that until recently, Google Stadia had the timed console exclusivity.

Represent.

“Who cares” is my exact response to your nonsense in the OP

It’s a fucking cRPG. You don’t play them so you can look at the pores on your characters’ faces, go play Uncharted for that.

Believe it or not, there is more to games than how they look, and the big issue with you and a lot of other modern day console “gamers” is that you seem to conflate how a game looks with how good it is.
I dont care what genre it is. Its a current gen only game releasing in 2023. It needs to look better. It looks like it was made by 2 people.

There are mobile games of the same genre that look as good, if not better, and thats inexcusable. Point blank.

I dont know why yall are so quick to give these devs a pass.

LakeOf9

I dont care what genre it is. Its a current gen only game releasing in 2023. It needs to look better. It looks like it was made by 2 people.

There are mobile games of the same genre that look as good, if not better, and thats inexcusable. Point blank.

Because, and I cannot stress this point enough, I do not give a single flying fuck how it looks

There’s nothing to give them a “free pass” on

Varteras

Gold Member
Is is PS5 console exclusive though?

We have no real way of knowing right now. It has only been announced as PS5 and PC, day and date. This might be a situation where there is a temporary gag order on announcing any other platforms, as some times happens. If there is nothing announced by next week, safe to assume it's a timed exclusive. Beyond that would require an additional announcement.

hyperbertha

Stop embarassing yourself. It's a top down crpg, and it's deeper than any game that will release this gen. It's from the makers of divinity os2, arguably the best game ever made. Please crawl back into whatever hole you came from.

Represent.

OK. I looked it up. As I thought, it's a zoomed out camera CRPG.

ss_731cf9144980dac28c6e0224d1533550a7f86681.1920x1080.jpg

I'm not sure I understand your critique OP. Can you point out the problem in this image? Is this a troll thread?
Im going by what they showed me in the PS5 State of Play trailer we just got, did you watch it? It looks awful.

The PC shots in this thread look much better, but I never saw those. Im critiquing whatever the fuck it was they showed me in todays trailer. And I have no qualms with that.

simpatico

Im going by what they showed me in the PS5 State of Play trailer we just got, did you watch it? It looks awful.

The PC shots in this thread look much better, but I never saw those. Im critiquing whatever the fuck it was they showed me in todays trailer. And I have no qualms with that.
Do you think beefing up the number of triangles in a model is a good use of resources in this type of game?

Represent.

So you haven't played the game on PC, looked at some trailer/a stream and called it a PS3 game.

This thread should be closed, it's a pretty game.

This thread was made after watching the 4K version of this.

The PS5 version looks horrendous.

MiguelItUp

I disagree. I actually think the game actually looks very good, especially for a AA studio. Hell, looking at the footage from SoP, there were better animations there than I've seen in plenty of other modern games, AAA even. If it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea. But these devs are from from "lazy."

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It made me want to go out and get the PC version if it's going to get the same support (pad/split screen).

tmlDan

Actually, you know what i realized, he may be looking at the split screen footage which does look downgraded.

I wouldn't play this split screen, just play online with friends.

Represent.

Sad to see OP ragging on this game because it has been announced for PS5.
Lol what? PS5 is my main console.

I watched the PS5 trailer and thought it looked like one of the worst looking games I've seen in recent years, based off the trailer I watched. There are some better looking PC screens in here so I wouldnt have made the thread if I saw those first. :lollipop_hushed:

Sentenza

Is it isometric CRPG or third person?
It’s isometric/top down view of the party and in that sense it’s easily one of the most detailed/best looking games in its sub-genre.

But the OP is half-right, hyperboles aside, in the sense that when the camera zooms particularly close to characters (I.e. during dialogues) the level of detail, while solid for its genre, doesn’t hold up enough to match triple A third person games.

Also, for the people who expect the game to play in third person on consoles: BAD NEWS. Pay attention to that little disclaimer in the trailer stressing that the camera has been altered for the purpose of making the trailer more dramatic.

Guilty_AI

Lol what? PS5 is my main console.

I watched the PS5 trailer and thought it looked like one of the worst looking games I've seen in recent years, based off the trailer I watched. There are some better looking PC screens in here so I wouldnt have made the thread if I saw those first. :lollipop_hushed:
Soo.... maybe you should've looked into the game a bit more instead of immediatly jumping to conclusions and making a whole thread about it? Thats what a reasonable person would've done.

Last edited:
You saw BG3, in the middle of a state of play that had crap looking indie games and rough looking VR games and decided that BG3 was the worst looking game you've seen in years?

You're either a troll or have the IQ of a zebra that is recovering from brain surgery

Represent.

Soo.... maybe you should've looked into the game a bit more instead of immediatly jumping to conclusions and making a whole thread about it? Thats what a reasonable person would've done.
True. But it aint that serious. I can handle an L thread. Game is still ugly as hell lol

Last edited:

Represent.

You saw BG3, in the middle of a state of play that had crap looking indie games and rough looking VR games and decided that BG3 was the worst looking game you've seen in years?

You're either a troll or have the IQ of a zebra that is recovering from brain surgery
Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-6-11-58-PM.png

Im sorry but when I see that presented to me in a trailer, I react. It looked abysmal in the 4K trailer I watched - hence the thread.

However people have posted actual PC shots since then, which look better. Still not good, but not threadworthy bad.

The game is still ugly but I will accept the L thread. :messenger_smirking:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom