• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 coming to PlayStation - Game releases on August 31, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to PS5 day and date with PC: August 31, 2023. The land of Faerûn is under siege by a hostile and otherworldly force known as mind flayers. Their army expands with every brain they infect with parasitic tadpoles, a creature that now wriggles deep within your own mind. You are becoming one of them: a monster feared across many worlds. But as their corruption grows within you, so do mysterious new powers.

Last edited:

GHG

I’m assuming this will come next decade after it comes out of Early Access.

The release date was announced in the trailer.

Hope gamepad support comes to pc version with this.

It will but what annoys me is the fact that it looks like all the delays the PC early access version has experienced might be due to them also working on the console versions in the background.

I really hope this is good, what I played in early access was not terribly encouraging. I did play EARLY ass access though, right after they made it available. My pc shit the bed not long after so I didn't get to try any of the major updates.
Super glad it's releasing day n date with the pc version. I had to wait forever for Pathfinder 2, and even then it was a ps4 only version.

Reactions: Isa

tmlDan

I really hope this is good, what I played in early access was not terribly encouraging. I did play EARLY ass access though, right after they made it available. My pc shit the bed not long after so I didn't get to try any of the major updates.
Super glad it's releasing day n date with the pc version. I had to wait forever for Pathfinder 2, and even then it was a ps4 only version.
its much better now but it's still hard to play the same chapters over and over again with small changed every few months

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The release date was announced in the trailer.

It will but what annoys me is the fact that it looks like all the delays the PC early access version has experienced might be due to them also working on the console versions in the background.
Ok. They also said it would be early access for a year. I’m salty because I refuse to play it until it’s done lol.

Hopefully they honour the date!

GHG

Ok. They also said it would be early access for a year. I’m salty because I refuse to play it until it’s done lol.

Hopefully they honour the date!

Yep same, I jumped on board the early access from day one and ended up enjoying what I played so much that I decided to shelve it until it fully releases. Don't want to spoil it for myself.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Will sit and wait for all pc players complaining how this will kill the brand and how much of a terrible business move this is.

Aaaaany time now...
It’s always bad business to bring in thousands of new players to an IP and make it more accessible to people.

Terrible business.

Guilty_AI

It’s always bad business to bring in thousands of new players to an IP and make it more accessible to people.

Terrible business.
True, all developers should make games that only themselves and a few journos can play, not like all those pesky players will ever understand what real art is.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
True, all developers should make games that only themselves and a few journos can play, not like all those pesky players will ever understand what real art is.
American Beauty Movie GIF by elCinema.com

MiguelItUp

Stoked for Baldur's fans on console, game looks really good! I never got into BG, but I've been following it on PC. Maybe I'll bite on this one.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Been staving off temptation to buy the early access version on PC. I'm not gonna do that to myself. This is great news for console players though. Super hyped for this one.

Luipadre

looks and runs much worse than the pc version but cool its coming to ps. Hopefully they will clean this up by release.

Last edited:

RGB'D

Hope for crossplay but won't matter for me unless it releases on Xbox as well since my friends play there mostly. Larian is a heck of studio. Good get for PS5. Hyped for PC full release finally

Sentenza

If Sony bought exclusive rights to this then they are smart.
Meh, who knows. I'm not exactly expecting this to be the type of game that sells gangbusters on console.

It will be a strong performer on Steam, though. Even the EA release two years ago did tremendously well. And if DOS 2 is anything to go by the actual game will do A LOT more.

Top Bottom