• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

backlog bros: what are you playing?

stn

Recently, just Fist of the North Star (PS4). I'm near the end of chapter 8, which is only a few chapters away from the end. Looking forward to beating it soon.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've been on a JRPG kick the last month or so. Finished Wild Arms for the first time ever, such an awesome game. Nothing mind blowing but it's just solid across the board and clocked in around 30 hours. A nice, chill experience and didn't need to grind much at all. It's brilliantly designed.

Now I'm on Dragon Warrior 7 and it's going better than I expected. After DW7 I'll probably go back to DQ11. I'm really feeling classic style JRPGs right now and am sticking with it. I love that genre but usually get burnt out on them. It's nice to be playing them and feel actively engaged, it's been years since I've thoroughly enjoyed a JRPG.

Reactions: TLZ

RAIDEN1

Just started playing Judgment. I had the PS5 version in my library for a while now. I also played that massive PS4 demo of it back in 2019 and enjoyed it a lot so I'm expecting to have a good time this weekend.
Its ok, this coming from someone who is on chapter 9, but I don't rate it above some of the Yakuza games, and later it gets to a point where you can't turn a street corner without some gang dragging you in for a fight trying to deplete your energy resources... and it all depends on if you have any Kamarucho fatigue, having gone through the same city in a few Yakuza games, you want something different, personally once I complete this, I will be in no hurry for lost-judgement..

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Its ok, this coming from someone who is on chapter 9, but I don't rate above some of the Yakuza, and later it gets to a point where you can't turn a street corner without some gang dragging you in for a fight trying to deplete your energy resources... and it all depends on if you have any Kamarucho fatigue, having gone through the same cities in a few Yakuza games, you want something different, personally once I complete this, I will be in no hurry for lost-judgement..
Oh shit, I completely forgot I bought that game on PS5 the other month. Played a bit of it. Not quite what I'm looking for with gaming right now but I'll get back to it at some point, I love a good detective style game.

poodaddy

I've been playing that them thurr Yakazers Kin to a Serpent.

Like it a lot, first JRPG I've enjoyed in over a decade.

MikeM

Between PS Plus Premium and GP, my backlog is absolutely absurd. Probably have enough games wothout downloading more to last me a couple years:

Ps5:
- Plague Tale (on-going)
- GoT
- Death Stranding
- Both South Park games
- Stray
- Far Cry 6
- Demon’s Souls
- Deliver Us the Moon
- Spirit of the North
- THPS 1& 2
- Observer System Redux
- Spirit of the North

Then there is my Series X. Equally absurd.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just finished Crash Bandicoot 4: it’s about time today on PS5.

Completed Lost Legacy last week.

I’m not going to buy another game apart from Splatoon 3 until I’ve played through;

Sekiro, Elden Ring, The Last Gurdian and Horizon Forbidden West on PS and Tinykin, Tunic and Ori and the Will of the Wisp on Xbox.

Feel like every payday I’m looking for another game to buy, it’s about time that I sit and actually play what I have waiting. Splatoon is an exception.

Bridges

I'm wrapping up the second Phoenix Wright at the moment, really enjoying those.

I am also trying to go through the Devil May Cry series, I now own every entry but have only ever played DmC (Which I liked way more than most people it seems).
I am embarrassed that just a few missions in my progress has grinded to a complete halt. I cannot defeat the Black Knight (Mission 4), this is one of the hardest early game fights I have encountered in a game, it only takes maybe two mistakes for him to wipe off all of your health, I just burn through my yellow orbs on him and then have to start the whole mission over.

I really want to see these games through, I already made the financial investment and am especially interested in playing DMC5, but I don't want to get there until I make it through the others. I just don't know if I actually have it in me to "get gud" the way the game seems to want me to.

Otherwise, probably gonna try to speed through A Plague's Tale before it leaves Gamepass this month

Fbh

Started Ghost of Tsushima the other day.

So far I'm enjoying it, I really like the combat. I like how it feels "high risk high reward" with both you and enemies dying fast. The visuals are really nice too and it all runs nicely on Ps5.
It's still an Ubisoft style open world which is a bit disappointing, but I like how they at least incorporated the handholding into the game with stuff like wind rather than traditional waypoints. I also like how so far there are no towers and you get sent to special locations and sidequests through conversations with characters.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished FFX yesterday. I played it at launch but that was 20 years ago so I bought the HD remaster and gave it another play. Now that I'm finished with my gaming backlog and have a break until late October when a lot of stuff comes out, I'll be spending this month on my anime backlog.

Last edited:
Top Bottom