• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back 4 Blood - Campaign Trailer

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
after playing the beta i have zero intrest into this game
more like back4cash after you buy the damn MTX shitbag

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I'm only interested if they fucking tell us how many acts are in the game. It hugely depends on it. And they seem to be avoiding that information so I'm guessing its going to be minmal af, like 3 acts and go fuck yourselves consumers. It needs to have at least 5 and they all need to be as long as the first act or they won;t see a cent from me.

MiguelItUp

I preordered forever ago in hopes that this game would actually be what it was set out to be. The closest thing to a L4D3 sequel we'd get.

Now, while some of that may be true, the game itself, at least by the previous betas, just feels so... hollow and shallow. It feels like it's not driven by passion or love. It just feels like a thrown together wannabe L4D experience that can't even hit beats that L4D 1/2 hit so many years ago. It's incredibly disappointing.

Hell, there were much more exciting and tense moments in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, than anywhere in this beta that I experienced. That was after playing multiple betas too. I don't think this is going to improve much, and for whatever reason they're okay with that. It's really unfortunate.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Turtle Rock Studios' Back 4 Blood is out on October 12th and aims to revive the zombie-killing mayhem that made the studio's Left 4 Dead series so much fun. It's releasing on Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and PC along with a day one launch on Xbox Game Pass so let's take a look at 15 things you should know before jumping in.

Kev Kev

I was going to get this, but man, so many negative reactions to the beta.
Game pass is the way to go. If you don’t have that I’d pass until you can get it on the cheap

I loved it, but I’m a sucker for the L4D clones, so I’m a bad person to ask. But it was reminiscent of L4D, just not as good, and all the extra stuff, like random perks via drawing from a deck of cards, was a big turn off (even for me).

Definitely worth a try if you have game pass tho. I was having a blast by the end of the beta, after I’d figured out the card system and where to go/what to do in the levels.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
After playing the beta, the best word to describe it was "boring".
Absolutely not worth paying full price for this.
And let's not forget they plan to ad micro-transactions.

Hezekiah

Banned
From yourself or others? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

If it's the latter: who cares? Fuck the hivemind yo.
At this point I think it's fair to question the mtx in the game going forward, and the potential of it going free-to-play.

Plus of course there is BF 2042 and Halo Infinite to consider.

VN1X

Banned
At this point I think it's fair to question the mtx in the game going forward, and the potential of it going free-to-play.

Plus of course there is BF 2042 and Halo Infinite to consider.
Oh yeah that's fair enough. I also wasn't blown away by the beta but still enjoyed it. That said it does look like 2K haven't learned anything from the Evolve controversy and are actual gameplay content behind paywalls yet again. If so then yeah: Hail the hivemind, yo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom