• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aztech Forgotten Gods - Official Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Aztech: Forgotten Gods, the Latinx-Futurism cyberstone colossus fighter from award-winning Mulaka developers Lienzo, debuted at Nintendo’s Indie World. Aztech: Forgotten Gods will launch on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One + Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 + 5, and PC later this year.

In Aztech’s alternate history, European powers never arrived on the shores of ancient Mesoamerica. The Aztec Empire’s capital Tenochtitlan has thrived for centuries as a stone metropolis, technologically advanced yet heavily rooted in the ways of those indigenous to the land. Yet the gods of their past, like the feathered serpent deity Quetzalcoatl or Mictlantechutli, Lord of the Underworld, faded into distant memories. Until now.

Soon-to-be heroine Achtli joins her archeologist mother Nantsin on an unsanctioned dig. While searching for ancient knowledge that could help all of society, they inadvertently cause an explosion and awaken stone colossi hellbent on destroying the city. Achtli crawls out of the rubble to discover two new things: her prosthetic arm’s been replaced with a stone artifact, and there’s someone in her head named Tez claiming his own divinity.

Join the unlikely duo on their quest to crush colossi and discover why the gods disappeared so long ago. Battle massive bosses while wielding Achtli’s new gauntlet as a makeshift jetpack and devastating weapon all in one. Soar through the sky, run on walls, grind on rails, and bring the pantheon to their knees with stone-crushing strikes. Upgrade the gauntlet with Nantsin’s help to earn new abilities from plasma-based projectiles to energy shields.

Explore Tenochtitlan with Achtli’s incredible newfound agility and strength. Encounter optional side stories, unlock new outfits, and upgrade passive abilities by completing secondary challenges in the hub-world. Become the city’s savior with an adrenaline-fueled soundtrack that fuses metal with traditional Aztec instruments. Aztech: Forgotten Gods’ emotional journey took inspiration from anime and superhero comics and has a vibrant, Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic to match

Soodanim

Gold Member
Dubious choice of X aside, “Latinx-Futurism cyberstone colossus fighter” is a hell of a mouthful. It sounds like a phrase that was was generated randomly and doesn’t quite sound right.

That aside, the concept isn’t too bad. It’s a mythology that doesn’t get too much attention, so it’s nice to see some variety. Norse And Greco-Roman stuff took the limelight for a while, now it’s someone else’s turn.

MiguelItUp

Yeaaaah, not gonna lie, seeing them use "latinx" makes me wince, lol.

When I first heard that term, I was genuinely confused. Even more so it was during some latin gaming celebration period. But they called it latinx. That was when I was like, "latinx? Wtf when did this replace latin?"

Honestly it's probably just on their marketing/legal teams, which is sad but true. Wanting to use "buzz" or PC words to put themselves in a specific light. Fortunately nothing like that will probably actually touch the game.

That being said, the game looks like it could be pretty cool.

Concern

Wow looks like shit.

Didn't even look at the video with a shitty description like that.

We should start "canceling" garbage like this. Keep your shitty politics out of our games. But when you have cancer like reeee, thats hard .

Phase

Didn't even look at the video with a shitty description like that.

We should start "canceling" garbage like this. Keep your shitty politics out of our games. But when you have cancer like reeee, thats hard .
I can overlook a lot, and since I care about gameplay most I watched it lol, but I completely agree with you. I'm glad I got to experience a time when politics wasn't injected into every facet of our lives (sports, gaming, etc.).

Last edited:

dottme

To
Nobody in latinamerica calls themselves "latinx"... Stop doing it! It feels... weird, and somehow offensive lol
To be honest, that was my understanding but at the same time, the guy from the company was Mexican.
I’m wondering if the Latino term was pushed by Nintendo America marketing team.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
To

be honest, that was my understanding but at the same time, the guy from the company was Mexican.
I’m wondering if the Latino term was pushed by Nintendo America marketing team.
It probably was, I hope they stay away from that shit as far as possible... It feels weird and uncomfortable and I say this as someone from latinamerica, and not even alone, I don't even know the first person in here that not only doesn't like it, but don't actually DISLIKE it... It's a common sentiment afaik.

dottme

But to get back on the game. I like the Aztec/Future tech mix. I think it can give something good.
but at the same time, the game looks like a cheap God of War.

manfestival

Latinx is basically the forced American meme equivalent of putting a title on an entire society of human beings.

Ends up being more offensive in reality than actually being inclusive. Just the perspective of a Latino who has lived in Latin America.

Kataploom

Gold Member
What? Why not use the country name when talking about it?
It's easier for politics campaig when using a single collective term... What's dumb about it is that we reject that shit and yet they keep doing it, as if they'd respect us more than we ourselves do by doing the opposite of what we want.

Imotekh

They just make clean and direct discussion of the game impossible if you're already using phrases like Latinx. Which is meaningless and inaccurate anyway if you're talking about an Aztec empire where Europeans never landed. Wouldn't they be Meseomericans?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ahh, The Game Awards 2021 is almost here and to celebrate it Microsoft has release quite a few demo versions of indie games that most likely will be featured somehow during the show. Let's join the celebration by check few of them when we await for TGA21 to begin.
Please enjoy this Aztech: Forgotten Gods TGA21 Demo Xbox Series S Gameplay.

Top Bottom