• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AVGN - The Legend of Kage (NES)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am not watching next week's episode btw if he is going to shit on Taito legends
giphy.gif

He's talking about the game as I would think of it, had I played it for the first time as an adult. Well, aside from all the bathroom humor. As a kid though, "Cage" as I knew the character seemed amazing. Jumping in games was always fun, but there weren't any games that let you jump that high. When you're a little kid, and you have Pac Man over in one corner of the arcade, and Dig Dug next to it, and then you see a ninja jumping higher than the screen itself, you take notice.

Thanks for letting me know, DeepEnigma DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He's talking about the game as I would think of it, had I played it for the first time as an adult. Well, aside from all the bathroom humor. As a kid though, "Cage" as I knew the character seemed amazing. Jumping in games was always fun, but there weren't any games that let you jump that high. When you're a little kid, and you have Pac Man over in one corner of the arcade, and Dig Dug next to it, and then you see a ninja jumping higher than the screen itself, you take notice.

Thanks for letting me know, DeepEnigma DeepEnigma

Completely agree. Felt the same with Ninja Gaiden Arcade doing flips and swinging from steer signs. I play it now, and ick. Prefer the NES version, where it were opposite as a kid.

Last edited:

TheKratos

I don't like his random screaming anymore, especially the "scream a lot and then suddem calm down" shtick is getting old. It's like he's parodying himself.

I like when he's simply sarcastic and whining about shit.

Not really a bad game, even now. Jokes were pretty trash and it comes off like he's reading a fan written script or something. I'm not sure it's worth watching these anymore.

Aesius

Not really a bad game, even now. Jokes were pretty trash and it comes off like he's reading a fan written script or something. I'm not sure it's worth watching these anymore.

They basically are fan-written scrips now. James just shows up and acts out the part/does the voiceover. Has little to nothing to do with the production of the episodes for about 2 years now. That's all handled by Screenwave.

Top Bottom